Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Prepar3D 2.2 Released!

The Professional Plus is not identical (that's what I'm using) - we get a different install and update set and there are some differences in code - also get 2 licenses.

Cheers, Rob.

The thing is I have a temp professional version installed on Windows 8

and a regular academic on Windows 7

(set up to see if I want to migrate the acad. to windows 8 andn only spend 10 bucks)

Now the later (acd. / win7) has stuttering but the windows 8 + pro does not have much if any most times

Could it be due to the pro version? And not windows 8

It has been referenced in many places, but this should do it: http://www.orbxsyste...ts/#entry710524

Thank you!

The thing is I have a temp professional version installed on Windows 8

Professional or Professional Plus?   Professional and Academic = same code ... Professional and Professional Plus <> same code.

Windows 8 is supposed to be a little better at threading, so it's possible it might show less stutters.

Cheers, Rob.

Windows 8 is supposed to be a little better at threading, so it's possible it might show less stutters.

Cheers, Rob.

Thats the kind of info I'd like to be certain of before I dismantle my academic/win7 and migrate and reinstall all the addons in win8

guess i will just go ahead and do that this weekend

dismantle my academic/win7 and migrate and reinstall all the addons in win8

I'm NOT recommending you use Win8 ... I don't use it for anything other than testing stuff I do at work.  IMHO Win8 is a horrible OS that creates more problems than it solves ... you may also want to make sure the Joystick issues are resolved once and for all with P3D and Win8.

I'm waiting for Win9 to see how that pans out, rumor is Win9 will be more like Win7 but still retain some of the flat color scheme in Win8 and of course have DX12 and improved threading.  But just for reference Microsoft have ALWAYS claimed improved threading in every single release of a new OS.  But like any prior version of Windows, it starts out "Feeling fast" but as more applications get installed it starts to slow down.

If it were me, I'd wait for Win9 -- it might hit Beta/RCs this summer with a possible December release this year!  (moving it forward from April 2015).

Cheers, Rob.

But but but....but.......but I get few stutters....in windows 8 and quite a few in windows 7

I can uninstall P3DV22/ reinstall multiple times it isn't laid in gold

al

But like any prior version of Windows, it starts out "Feeling fast" but as more applications get installed it starts to slow down.

This is why I keep ONLY OS (Win 7) & P3D on my single Samsung 840 500Gb:  no need for any other software beyond FRAPS & ASUS Suite II & AIDA64, and all flight sim related software.  I don't need antivirus software, office apps, or any other bloatware since I don't use the flight sim boot for anything else.  Ultra fast boot times and shutdowns.  I am enjoying a flight now from KSBA > Yosemite Village & it's beautiful! The other stuff goes on an old SATA HDD so is great for everything else.  When I download anything FS it goes to that drive, then when it's time to install I just boot from the SSD and access the download on the 2nd drive, or a 3rd data-onlly extra SATA drive.

The sim really needs a realtime modulator because it is really hard to predict exactly how it will behave in any one flight. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Try out LSZS with FTX Global, Vector, and ASN ... at dusk.  What an interesting area.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm in Win 8.1.  I'm not having any issues with it.  You need to upgrade to 8.1 through the Store, and then download a start menu addon from a 3rd party (classic start menu).  For most users, Windows 8 might be a nightmare, because it has no start menu, and is made for a tablet, completely leaving the desktop user base behind, which was idiotic.  So don't migrate unless you have the time to remake it as a desktop.  I am happy with 8.1, but 8 was horrible.  I do think 8.1 runs a little bit better, and there are said to be many improvements on the way to unload unneeded services and streamline it even more.  But there is no reason to rush in.

I'm in Win 8.1.  I'm not having any issues with it.  You need to upgrade to 8.1 through the Store, and then download a start menu addon from a 3rd party (classic start menu).  For most users, Windows 8 might be a nightmare, because it has no start menu, and is made for a tablet, completely leaving the desktop user base behind, which was idiotic.  So don't migrate unless you have the time to remake it as a desktop.  I am happy with 8.1, but 8 was horrible.  I do think 8.1 runs a little bit better, and there are said to be many improvements on the way to unload unneeded services and streamline it even more.  But there is no reason to rush in.

The upcoming September update will bring the Start Menu back, so no need for a 3rd-party add-on after that gets released.

Also: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77802-ftx-vector-115-update/

We are sure getting a lot of different topics discussed here in this one topic announcing P3DV2.2 was released.  I guess if one wants to learn about everything there is to know about P3DV2, they need to just read this 560 plus topic!  Just an observation....

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

We are sure getting a lot of different topics discussed here in this one topic announcing P3DV2.2 was released.  I guess if one wants to learn about everything there is to know about P3DV2, they need to just read this 560 plus topic!  Just an observation....

I don't think there's anything in here that someone needs to know about using Prepar3D 2.2. The essentials to use it without any major issues are covered in the two sticky threads in the official Prepar3D forums. The first half of this thread mainly has users posting observations about the update, but the latter is more about hardware, the future of Prepar3D, DirectX 12, Windows 8/9, Vector...

Can anyone test what the AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD command does? I think the AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE command was already demonstrated in screenshots, but I'll check again.

The first half of this thread mainly has users posting observations about the update, but the latter is more about hardware, the future of Prepar3D, DirectX 12, Windows 8/9, Vector...

Oh, I have no problems whatsoever as there is a lot of valuable information being passed on in various posts here.  My only recommendation would be to split it up in various topics as it makes it easier for our community to find answers to their questions.  The latest discussions are great and I'm learning a lot.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you lock this thread, that will probably happen on its own.

A good thread like this should not be stored in the cellar.  It should be kept at the top and shared.