Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

SP1 Beta Polar Flight (Photos)

Awesome Images!!! Can you post a pic of the "new" clock? I heard that we´ll get an Option to Change the boing clock in the Cockpit.

The "clock" is pictured already on page 1, photos 3 and 4. Check PFD, its there at the bottom of the PFD.

Mikael Leinonen

What's that circular thing on the ND? It looks like the AOA indicator usually found on the PFD

When I try to read the professional explanation of this grid feature I feel really stupid! I don't understand much, but it is very cool to have such features simulated as more and more will do polar flights :)

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The "clock" is pictured already on page 1, photos 3 and 4. Check PFD, its there at the bottom of the PFD.

Thank you!!!! AWESOME...please release SP1, PMDG ^^ PLEASE 

Since it hasn't been released, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it isn't ready yet.

Patience, my young padawan.

Sent from my mobile thingamajig

When I try to read the professional explanation of this grid feature I feel really stupid! I don't understand much, but it is very cool to have such features simulated as more and more will do polar flights :)

haha - part of the reason I didn't try explaining it myself is that my explanation probably would've derailed the entire convesation here.  The other part is that it probably would've been even more confusing, without pictures.  There's an awkward level of understanding in between being able to work with it yourself, and being able to explain it for other people.  I haven't gotten to the latter point yet.

...kinda like when I try to explain to my (American) friends why "hedder" suddenly loses its Ds when spoken.

Kyle Rodgers

I just hope PMDG take their time on this and do not feel pressured to release SP1 before they are completely ready.     So many times 'whiners' appear on here from out of the woodworks, then start a chorus of "hurry up" and "why is it taking to long", etc, etc.   

Also, I hope the Beta Tester that started this thread has not violated the non-disclosure agreement with PMDG before posting these pictures.    I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything wrong, I just hope all the rules are being followed!   

New MCP? The digits were made to look more correct but that's it - not really "new" other than that.

Yep! I'm really irrationally excited for the new digits! :lol:

The simple, small update to the digits did a lot to it huh? That's what you'll find with SP1. A lot of changes may seem small and subtle - but they have an ironic big effect! Not sure I'd want to fly the RTM build now :P

Thanks for showing us! It looks great! Small changes like that really does a lot to improve the authenticity of the cockpit.

Very great images :-) can't wait for the release of SP 1 with all this great additions . Will weather radar come together with SP1 ? Ahh and one other simple question : I've seen the scattered round green lines on the ND , here in this post and at the early preview pics before release,but never seen in my case . ? What are this for lines ?

haha - part of the reason I didn't try explaining it myself is that my explanation probably would've derailed the entire convesation here.  The other part is that it probably would've been even more confusing, without pictures.  There's an awkward level of understanding in between being able to work with it yourself, and being able to explain it for other people.  I haven't gotten to the latter point yet.

...kinda like when I try to explain to my (American) friends why "hedder" suddenly loses its Ds when spoken.

Ye Danish is beyond this world... You speak Danish fluently?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What's that circular thing on the ND? It looks like the AOA indicator usually found on the PFD

It's a mini clock which has a moving seconds hand. Comes up when you start the Chronometer (-: