Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

SP1 Beta Polar Flight (Photos)

It would be nice to have WX radar today, some extreme weather in the American midwest. My poor 777 is getting thrown all over the place leaving Chicago for Shanghai tonight. And earlier from Anchorage to Chicago.

Have you considered not using FRAPS, and trying out a live streamer like Twitch?  I used twitch a bunch of times and noticed that it doesn't pound frames AT ALL.  The best part is, with the paid version, you can archive the video and upload it directly to YouTube.  That does suck for those who make a ton of "mistakes" in their videos, or for those who need to add special effects, or for those who are editing long form videos, but I think we would all appreciate a short 1-2 minute demo of the WXR in action.  Hopefully you don't feel the need to edit voicetrack, add special effects etc with such a short video :-)  

I think it's like $10 for the full version of the encoder, but there's got to be another service like twitch that does the uploading for free.  

Twitch doesn't impact FPS.  Seriously.  

I shall take a took!  B)

I too love to fly as close as possible to the actual real ops, and wish I had the time to shoot a detailed video to show how to use the nifty features packed into the sim, but having a family, I'd use the time I steal to fly lol. I'm sure that there are plenty of fully loaded 777X videos out there that I don't ever watch.

How I have learnt to fly the sim then? Real-world flying knowledge, friends working for airlines, and the JustPlanes movies! :Whistle:

Good shots there, and finally the clock in PFD is another feature that makes it easier to read time information. I kinda told one of my friends here at Emirates that the glareshield looked so bare without the clocks :D

Couple more shots...

14059304054_e637a6e498_o.png

14059305944_5c3a05fcde_o.png

14058861395_5947e7ceb1_o.png

My die hard 777 fans will like this one  :wink:

14055654281_29f1a18a31_o.png

My die hard 777 fans will like this one 

Droop fix?! Wunderbar! 

Just yesterday I heard a Q400 pilot ask for 20NM right of track for WX Deviation. Thought to myself: "That's gonna be me soon..", as I went barrelling through a line of thunderstorms...

Aamir Thacker

One thing that is not so cool with longhauls right now is the Performance when using fixpage and radius. Does this still have an huge impact on FPS ?

Is it possible to have Departure and/or Destinations Localtime and UTC time displayed ?

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Couple more shots...

14059304054_e637a6e498_o.png

14059305944_5c3a05fcde_o.png

14058861395_5947e7ceb1_o.png

My die hard 777 fans will like this one  :wink:

14055654281_29f1a18a31_o.png

Stunning shots Luke!

Hi there,

I like your last screenshot. can you tell me what are you using in fsx? is it ActiveSky or REX4 and what is the sitting. Please!

Thank you for your help

Hi there,

I like your last screenshot. can you tell me what are you using in fsx? is it ActiveSky or REX4 and what is the sitting. Please!

Thank you for your help

It's Rex4 Clouds, Rex OD Sky (Purty), ASN Weather. Thanks!

It's Rex4 Clouds, Rex OD Sky (Purty), ASN Weather. Thanks!

Are those shots edited?

Aamir Thacker

pafa 1535nm   kmsp 2695nm  how can i do this to show on the nd with the airport distance   

Read back through this thread, because the answer is in it (on the first page or so).

Kyle Rodgers

I'm also asking the question here. How do you get the little arrows and the distance to the airports on the ND? 

Philipp Schwaegerl

I'm also asking the question here. How do you get the little arrows and the distance to the airports on the ND? 

pafa 1535nm   kmsp 2695nm  how can i do this to show on the nd with the airport distance   

Go to the 'ALTN' page in the FMC and you can select up to four alternates. Defaulted in automatic (small text) but you may override with manual entries (text will enlarge). Then you must be in max range, 640nm for the arrows to display. 

Are those shots edited?

Yeah I edit all my shots. Some less than others..