Sign in to follow this  
CaptEm1

Complete List Of The Best Fsx Addons For 2014

Hi guys,

If anyone need help picking out the best FSX addons for 2014, you should check out www.fsxgetstarted.com for a complete list / guide. Pretty much every category is there; aircraft, airports, scenery, weather etc, even equipment for FSX - and it has small reviews and articles included. You will not be disappointed.

Aimed at everybody, but especially those who really wanna break away from the default planes or simple freeware.

Enjoy !

I really like this site actually, it's very well rounded. I hate seeing "THE BEST BLAH BLAH BLAH FOR FSX" because it's really subjective. That website should leave nobody unhappy!

Thanks. Yeah, it should be pretty objective and informative.

That is a good site!

Looks incomplete  :lol:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

The site looks good, but I would expect anything calling itself "the best of anything for 2014" to really mean something at the end of 2014.

Yes the title is a bit of a contradiction when you think about it.   :biggrin:

Excellent effort, handy site for the new flight simmer or someone looking to step up into the intermediate category.

Couple of very minor points.

- Only the Pilot version of the Majestic Dash 8/Q400 is currently available.

- Sim Brief is an excellent flight planning tool, and free.

- Aivlasoft Electronic Flight Bag is a tremendous tool.

- Would be nice to note what is free and what is payware.

Again, nice effort!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The site looks really great, and it must have been a lot of work to create it! However, I would be really careful with titles like "Complete List" and "Best of 2014":

I really like the fair and neutral way the addons are presented, and that it is a database of many well known payware addons, but IMO this list is not complete: Many excellent freeware addons are not presented at all, which I find a bit disappointing, as the adress suggests that the site is aimed at beginners, and beginners might not necessarily start spending hundreds of dollars from the beginning.

Besides, I do not really like lists that say something like "The Best", simply because that depends very much on personal preferences. I agree that all the addons listed are good (those that I have), and most others have (in most cases nearly exclusively) excellent reviews, but some (I don't want to name any, though) have mixed to rather bad reviews - so be careful!

Yah.  We're not even ON the list... how rude.  (that last was a joke)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hi guys,

If anyone need help picking out the best FSX addons for 2014, you should check out www.fsxgetstarted.com for a complete list / guide. Pretty much every category is there; aircraft, airports, scenery, weather etc, even equipment for FSX - and it has small reviews and articles included. You will not be disappointed.

Aimed at everybody, but especially those who really wanna break away from the default planes or simple freeware.

Enjoy !

And here's hoping they all get converted over to P3D v2 (if they aren't already)...  :drinks:  :friends:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Milviz actually appears near the end of the list ("Other military addon developers to check out") - what about their B732, though? Is it military???

But there are big holes in that list, for example:

- the CS classics like their C-130 (their L-1011 is mentioned, though)

- Aerosoft Airbus Extended

- Active Sky 2012 is mentioned; ASN is not? (ASN features described, but the only product name stated is AS2012)

- LHSimulations is missing

It's a getting started list; anyone who finds enough interest based on what's there I'm sure will discover plenty of great stuff - for them - not on the list. No such list is ever complete. You start with Behemoth, and then eventually graduate to Blut Aus Nord. B^-}

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah.. Milviz should definitely get a mention in the GA section, their B-55 and C310R are both pretty awesome add ons..

Also don't forget Ideal Flight (if you couldn't take the hint above)

Agree with others on the title.. most of these add ons came out before 2014.. maybe Change it to Add On Guide for FSX or something...

However, the site is really cool, and a great reference to beginners in the hobby!.. Great work!

Maybe they just never heard of MILVIZ? When I go through my 500 odd addon aircraft collection the MILVIZ stand out as one of the best available. Thanks for the mention htuna. :smile: