Sign in to follow this  
Mirakledba

How to use NGX 737 FMC and AutoPilot?

Something weird with FMC of PMDG 737 NGX either model. I move the mouse above the FMC keys as Menu, Fix, Legs, etc. I see briefly blinking rapidly a duplicate hand mouse on the right side of the true mouse. Example, I point the mouse above INIT/REF key. Then I move the mouse down to MENU key and keep moving the mouse up and down. Well, a second mouse is briefly visible that rapidly disappears and appears again. Is it a bug that can be fixed?

Patricio Valdes

12 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Something weird with FMC of PMDG 737 NGX either model. I move the mouse above the FMC keys as Menu, Fix, Legs, etc. I see briefly blinking rapidly a duplicate hand mouse on the right side of the true mouse. Example, I point the mouse above INIT/REF key. Then I move the mouse down to MENU key and keep moving the mouse up and down. Well, a second mouse is briefly visible that rapidly disappears and appears again. Is it a bug that can be fixed?

It's not weird at all and certainly not a bug. See page 0.00.51-54 of the Introductory manual, which you'll find on the PMDG Operations Center. If you had, you wouldn't have asked this question.

As has been noted more than once in the earlier messages, you simply have to read the Introductory manual and fly the tutorials to operate this aircraft successfully. Your previous experience with the included 737 in the sim counts for nothing. If you want people to help you, please help yourself first by reading the manual and flying the tutorials.

Edited by flyfed

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

8 hours ago, flyfed said:

It's not weird at all and certainly not a bug. See page 0.00.51-54 of the Introductory manual, which you'll find on the PMDG Operations Center. If you had, you wouldn't have asked this question.

As has been noted more than once in the earlier messages, you simply have to read the Introductory manual and fly the tutorials to operate this aircraft successfully. Your previous experience with the included 737 in the sim counts for nothing. If you want people to help you, please help yourself first by reading the manual and flying the tutorials.

I am not talking about mouse operations as described in the Introductory manual which is clear. I am talking there is a "bug" when I move the pointer mouse above FMC area without doing any operation, just moving the pointer mouse up and down on any area on the left area inside of FMC. I am sure someone else experienced such mouse ghost blinking while I am seeing the true pointer mouse on it. Such hand mouse ghost appears and disappears often. If the mouse pointer stays in place not moving then is fine. My mouse has shadows (lol).

Try this, call FMC so it is windowed visible on screen, bring the mouse to above LSK over any key 1L or 2L either one. Now, the bug starts right after the mouse is moving over those LSK keys up/down. You can see the bug on the middle of FMC page. While the mouse pointer is moving over the LSK keys the pointer changes to hand which is normal. The bug looks like a second hand pointer appearing briefly on the middle of FMC just while moving the true mouse.

This doesn't occur with 747 and 777. Only with 737 NGX in P3Dv4. It doesn't happen with FSX and FS2004

Edited by trisho0
more detailing info

Patricio Valdes

When the CDU (FMS) is expanded, I see the "Push cursor" as described on page 00.0.50 of the Intro manual when the mouse is over any LSK. I see an arrow when it's not over an LSK. Moving up and down over either row of LSKs does sometimes cause a very momentary visual artifact to the right of the mouse position. It's not more than a brief flash of something that I can't even see what it really is. At any rate, it's hardly what I'd call a bug and I didn't even notice it until you wrote about it. I don't know if cursor shadows affect it or not (I use them too, like you), but it's so minor, it doesn't seem worth the time to run it down.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

You certainly have a sharp eye. I have had NGX for quite a while and never noticed this before. I can hardly notice it now even when looking for it. I agree with Mr. Ross that this isn't really a "bug," however, because it has no effect on the operation of the sim. 

Jim Erwin

23 hours ago, flyfed said:

It's not more than a brief flash of something that I can't even see what it really is.

That is the ghost of Push hand cursor mouse flashing and only visible in P3Dv4. You don't see such ghost in FSX or FS2004. I don't know if can be present in P3D 32bit. Well, I know it doesn't affect to the sim operation but visually is not funny; should be corrected. P3Dv4 is a professional sim and the 737 NGX needs to correct that. I thought it was from video card settings. But if 747 and 777 doesn't show that then 737 NGX needs attention, indeed.

Patricio Valdes

22 hours ago, Jim Erwin said:

You certainly have a sharp eye. I have had NGX for quite a while and never noticed this before. I can hardly notice it now even when looking for it. I agree with Mr. Ross that this isn't really a "bug," however, because it has no effect on the operation of the sim. 

Jim Erwin

I agree with you and Jim of course. Even it has no effects to the sim I think 737 NGX needs an update to correct it and probably others features can be improved too.

Patricio Valdes

Based on numerous other comments in this forum, I suspect PMDG is going to concentrate its efforts on improving the 737 by developing a "NG3" rather than fix this minor irritant (at least to those who have noticed it), especially since some more noticeable things such as the difficulties taxiing the NGX have not received the correction applied in the B-747 v.3. 

Jim Erwin

• Like 2

The NGX has originally been developed for FSX and later has been made compatible for P3D (32bit versions). For its ability to be used in P3Dv4 and the 64bit environment a lot of its code had to be rewritten and had to be made compatible with the latest 64bit SDK which was a hugh amount of work which is not self-evident, even for a company like PMDG. Some (in my opinion minor) things have been left, such as the panel lights and - if you consider this a problem - the mouse behaviour.. But it still works as intended and looks beautifully, remember, this addon is from 2011.. As PMDG develop the "NG3", or more or less confirmed the 737 MAX, I wouldn't expect the updates, neither system nor visual, if any, before the release of this NG3/MAX/whatever..

I guess NGX 32bit has nothing to do with 64bit Simmers. I think 737 NGX redesigned for P3Dv4 should work without issues. I didn't experience yet any problems with 747 and 777. All PMDG 64bit birds are beauties and for now so far just the 737 NGX needs to be updated.

Patricio Valdes

The 64 bit version of the 737 isn‘t a new development. It just has been rewritten to comply with the P3D4 SDK. The code itself is a lot older than the 777 or even the 747 and its rework was a hugh efford. Some things were probably not that easy to convert and keeping the new NG3 in mind I would think that there are more important things to do (that might also solve those issues, we will see)

5 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

The 64 bit version of the 737 isn‘t a new development.

So, the 64bit version of 747 and 777 are new development?

Patricio Valdes

Newer code at least.. Robert has explained it a bit why the 737 took longer to convert to v4 and that‘s more or less the bottom line.

my personal conclusion is that the 777 has been developed with 64bit in mind (the 747 for sure) and the 737 was a pure 32bit addon.. 

59 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Newer code at least.. Robert has explained it a bit why the 737 took longer to convert to v4 and that‘s more or less the bottom line.

my personal conclusion is that the 777 has been developed with 64bit in mind (the 747 for sure) and the 737 was a pure 32bit addon.. 

I understand. Well, let's fly 737 NGX still amazing.

Patricio Valdes

On 3/18/2018 at 8:52 PM, trisho0 said:

I am not talking about mouse operations as described in the Introductory manual which is clear. I am talking there is a "bug" when I move the pointer mouse above FMC area without doing any operation, just moving the pointer mouse up and down on any area on the left area inside of FMC. I am sure someone else experienced such mouse ghost blinking while I am seeing the true pointer mouse on it. Such hand mouse ghost appears and disappears often. If the mouse pointer stays in place not moving then is fine. My mouse has shadows (lol).

Try this, call FMC so it is windowed visible on screen, bring the mouse to above LSK over any key 1L or 2L either one. Now, the bug starts right after the mouse is moving over those LSK keys up/down. You can see the bug on the middle of FMC page. While the mouse pointer is moving over the LSK keys the pointer changes to hand which is normal. The bug looks like a second hand pointer appearing briefly on the middle of FMC just while moving the true mouse.

This doesn't occur with 747 and 777. Only with 737 NGX in P3Dv4. It doesn't happen with FSX and FS2004

Patricio, Tom Landry has discovered a fix for this, it's a windows 10 issue on how the mouse pointer comes configured by default compared to other OS.

Here is his solution:

Windows control panel. Then went to my mouse and then its pointer settings. For both the arrow pointer and the hand style pointer I clicked the "use default" button. After doing that I went into the sim and there was no more second pointer coming up. It seems this has fixed the issue

Regards

Sergio Naiberg

Sergio Naiberg