Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Should We move to P3D?

Hey guys,

Have just finished to look through some P3D videos, I must say the Shadows effect made me pretty excited! is it worth leaving everything I have right now on FSX and move to P3D? will the PMDG 777 work on the current P3D platform? cheers!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Unfortunately, PMDG products do not work as they should (if at all) with P3D. And as to whether you should make the jump, if you can live without PMDG and enjoy a more stable sim (v2,2), I would say it is definitely worth it. But read about HW requirements first.

Mario Di Lauro

FSX products will not automatically transfer to P3D. As P3D continues to outstrip FSX, I expect this to become more pronounced. It is advisable to only use products licensed for P3D or patched from FSX, these will work.

Anyway, it is no problem to run P3D and FSX in parallel. Just keep FSX as it is now and enjoy it! Slowly expand your P3D experience at the same time.

Sascha

It's not new.

Been there since a while, RSR just updated it from the old one.

Hello Daniel,  I think on reflection, you should rephrase your topic to "Should I move to P3D".  Most replies to that would be "Please yourself"

is it worth leaving everything I have right now on FSX and move to P3D?

Yes.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Hey guys,

Have just finished to look through some P3D videos, I must say the Shadows effect made me pretty excited! is it worth leaving everything I have right now on FSX and move to P3D? will the PMDG 777 work on the current P3D platform? cheers!

This is something you'll need to figure out yourself since different aspects of flight simulation appeal to different people.  If you just can't live without PMDG and you are mainly a tubeliner, then I would keep your FSX installation right now.  However, if you want to experience some of the cool new features (too many to list here) of P3D V 2.2 and are willing to wait for PMDG to release their products for it, then  go for it... nothing saying you can't keep both on your machine.

I will say this... in P3D 2.2 I have yet to get an OOM error... no matter what I throw at it or what add on I am using, it takes everything.  That in itself is a breath of fresh air. B)

I got a brand new SSD that I was going to use for FSX. I then realized I didn't want to go through the pain of tweaking the config file and such just to get decent frame rates. So I made the jump early to P3D V2. LOVING IT. Didn't have to touch the config file, just installed my FSDreamTeam airports, and my Majestic Software Q400. I am getting more FPS than I was with FSX tweaked. Very thankful I made the jump early, seeing how PMDG is still seeing if they can support P3D. 

Like others have said, you can keep FSX, and install P3D to see if you do like it. Get the tool to convert FSX add-ons for P3D and it should be enjoyable. 

No.

That is a completely unqualified answer, so I do not see that as helpful.

To answer your question regarding whether or not you should move to P3D.

Yes.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

That is a completely unqualified answer, so I do not see that as helpful.

To answer your question regarding whether or not you should move to P3D.

Yes.

I've provided qualified answer after qualified answer.  I can't be held responsible for people's lack of the search function.

If you qualify for an appropriate use of P3D, you'd know it by now.  Since he had to ask, my assumption is that he doesn't...ergo, no.

Sorry you didn't see it as helpful, but you're not the one asking the question, are you?

Kyle Rodgers

I've provided qualified answer after qualified answer.  I can't be held responsible for people's lack of the search function.

If you qualify for an appropriate use of P3D, you'd know it by now.  Since he had to ask, my assumption is that he doesn't...ergo, no.

Sorry you didn't see it as helpful, but you're not the one asking the question, are you?

Kyle,

I was just having a little fun with you.  I answered with an unqualified Yes.  :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Kyle,

I was just having a little fun with you.  I answered with an unqualified Yes.  :)

Sorry - didn't pick up on it.  Headache...yaaay.

Kyle Rodgers