Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Should We move to P3D?

Sorry - didn't pick up on it.  Headache...yaaay.

No problem.  Hugs and rainbows for all. :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I would say....

1.  When there are more native installers

2.  When more planes work  (for me, RealAir, Milviz King Air, MU2)

I'll keep FSX around for my Flight1 Mustang fix until there's another VLJ.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Why is everyone talking about it like it's one or the other and you have to "switch"? Computers can have multiple programs installed you know right? You can easily have FS9, FSX, P3D, XPlane etc all on the same computer.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Maybe because people want a new sim instead of the good oldies? I agree that it's time for fresh air.

If you qualify for an appropriate use of P3D, you'd know it by now.  Since he had to ask, my assumption is that he doesn't...ergo, no.

What does that even mean? 

He's asking about the programs themselves and their qualities. And if he's using P3D as a simulator or for "learning" (a new one they've added) he qualifies for the Pro license. Period. 

The best advice I can give to the OP is to try P3D and see. They have a refund policy. No reason not to give it a shot. And if you like it, run it along side FSX like Tabs said. Best of both worlds. 

That's what I'm doing. It will not take the place of your PMDG flying right now. But it will blow away the down low VFR/GA flying you are currently doing in FSX.

I can't wait to ditch FSX from my computer. The only thing holding my uninstall decision is the PMDG 777 and the other company's about to release Airbus. I've had it with tweaking fsx.cfg and running OOM and stuttering, etc, etc, etc. The future is smooth and much more beautiful!

Alexis Mefano

Hello Daniel,  I think on reflection, you should rephrase your topic to "Should I move to P3D". 

Perhaps he forgot to say "my precious."

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

"WE" are not a bunch of Lemmings. I make my own decisions and that being both. :)

the other company's about to release Airbus.

What company is that?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

What company is that?

FlightSim Labs

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Why is everyone talking about it like it's one or the other and you have to "switch"? Computers can have multiple programs installed you know right? You can easily have FS9, FSX, P3D, XPlane etc all on the same computer.

Ryan, first of all you're absolutely right, but I think some here will agree that 2 sims at that same time is a little too much. at least for me, I barely have time to fly on 1 of them so dividing my time between 2, whether they are different or not it's quite a drag. I hope it makes sense. thanks for the help, cheers!

P3D is nice but honestly I'd be much more interested to see an whole new product. Of course that means no compatibility but at one point or another you always get the old stuff dragging down the overall experience. And getting to use more powerfull and recents techniques better multi core programming as after all this is somlething that is not that much used in FSX and that has not been drastically changed by P3D so far.

But until I see products from the likes of PMDG on another plateform I'm sticking with FSX which runs just perfectly fine for me. I don't see yet the need to invest in it. 

at least for me, I barely have time to fly on 1 of them so dividing my time between 2, whether they are different or not it's quite a drag.

Good point!

but I think some here will agree that 2 sims at that same time is a little too much

Absolutely. Setting up FSX plus all the tools is a time consuming, irritating process. And in the end you realize that the 100GB partition that you dedicated to it is far too small for all your addons or that something went wrong somewhere.

If P3D is a similar PITA (no idea, have never touched it), one sim is more than enough.