Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17JUN14 - Scheduling and General Updates

Hi Robert 

Thanks for the update ! I hope your recovery is swift and flawless :)

But Im not sure if im the first to say it but , Why no release without Robert ? It is a business right ? And shouldn't it be business as usual 

Anyway , Goodluck in surgery mate 

Thank you for your considered response, again they were only my personal thoughts.

It's not an issue of replacing.  It's an issue of supplementing.

I am 100% sure it would start out with that intention.  It used to be common that users had direct access to the development team on most games / software, it's very rare now.  Mostly forums now are full of people asking moderators when 'x' is coming out or when 'y' is getting patched and the moderators replying with they aren't told anything.

As far as P3D goes, it's not a premium product.  It's a commercial product.  The cost of doing business in that realm is high.

Indeed; i appreciate that the cost of business in the commercial sector is very high, i didn't make the claim that PMDG would make additional profits, even if tacitly implied.  

I don't recall saying that i am worried, if PMDG release an aircraft only for P3D or over what i am personally willing to pay, then very simply, i will not buy it.

Best case scenario as i see it; is a DCS style release schedule. Commercial customers first and request the products, then a release to FSX with a cut down version.  Or perhaps a business model like Majestic, release a (using the word in a non-descriptive sense) basic version (FSX), a 'pilot' version then a professional version.

I mean realistically FSX is now 7+ years old, there isn't a component in my computer or any other software on my computer that is even half as old (with the exception of my emulated Amiga collection).  Regardless of our personal desire, FSX is dying, at some point we will have to stop using it, i don't have the desire to pay mega bucks to LM for FSX SP3 or PMDG for commercial product offerings at a (even if entirely justified) inflated cost.  Leaving me with X-Plane and while i desperately want to love X-Plane, (that way i could move to Linux), it still lacks basic features FSX has 7 years down the line.

Ian R Tyldesley

The downside is that it's also evidence that it's something I usually do without realizing, which, depending on the severity, could easily be something negative.

Kyle... stop self-analyzing yourself too much or you'll go nuts. People seem too be a bit too sensitive and they are the ones who take it personally. Frankly, I have not seen one thing that you said to be out of place, aggressive, or anything else people claim. People can always ignore a threat (real or imagined), or they can be defensive about it. But if they reply back with violent language (as i've seen them do recently), it's entirely their choice. So relax... keep being the unofficial PMDG knowledge base around here  :lol:

Also, unrelated, i'd just like to say that my gut feeling says that if they release, say, the NGX for P3D, it will be priced somewhere in the neighborhood of $250. And there's also a little voice that says: Want the $200 P3D? Then $200-300 addon aircraft. Want the $2300 one? Then $2000-3000 addon aircraft. And that sounds fair, considering what P3D is supposed to be.

Cristi Neagu

People seem too be a bit too sensitive and they are the ones who take it personally

That's almost always the case with those arguments. People just don't know how to take the way some people reply to them, and they go into "Offended Mode" as I call it. 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Hi Captain R.

My only concern is you get your health sorted and my very best wishes to you and the family,  My thanks to you and the team for the update and it is very much appreciated though I think most of us here would want you in good health.

Regards.

Tony.

Guss. ;)

Robert,

this morning I haven't read the whole first post as I noticed mainly the news about X-Plane so in my previous post I said nothing about your surgery because I wasn't aware of it.

As health is always first, best luck for surgery and a very speedy recovery!

Angelo

But Im not sure if im the first to say it but , Why no release without Robert ? It is a business right ? And shouldn't it be business as usual 

Also wondering why so???

Jimmy Nestor

Best wishes for a speedy recovery after your hospitalisation.  Your wellbeing is more important than any delay to the 777 line.

Also wondering why so???

Probably so they can have the whole team on deck to deal with support queries, purchase and download issues, and general customer support. As well as the fact he owns the company. I know in my own company, I insist on being involved in any major project, especially final handover to the client. 

The most important item I gathered from Capt Rob's post is his health. Therefore, I (along with countless others) wish you a full and speedy recovery. The SP and -300 can wait as far as I'm concerned.

Once you're healthy, however, I'll be the first to offer to fly you (virtually, of course) to the vacation destination of your choice. You'll have the honor of being my first passenger aboard the -300. Of course, based on my flying "skills", I'll probably rotate too quickly, have a tail strike, and you'll be going home before the vacation even started!!  :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for the good news.

And more important: All the best to Rob

Hans Leuenberger

And we just fly RPLL with the T7 RTM for the time being - shoud be no problem, right Chris?

That is correct Ollie!  As a matter of fact I'm flying a half loaded Qantas freighter to Manila now with 690NM remaining.  I believe my first 300ER flight (next month) from RPLL will be in the Philippines bird fittingly enough B)

Chris Sunseri

@DAVE777 was asking myself the same question. why does it depends from ROB. without of course being rude. it could be released

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Robert 

Hi Robert 

I agree with everything that Dave says

As well as the fact he owns the company. I know in my own company, I insist on being involved in any major project, especially final handover to the client. 

I too have the majority share of a UK company and am also the trustee of a charity. Wearing both hats I have made sure that we have contingency plans in place for sickness etc of the CEO. On the other hand I can see that for smaller companies this would be more difficult.

My sympathies are of course with Rob but I do feel that he may be taking too much of the strain on his shoulders which can't help his recovery.

Edit: Sorry for the double quote

Edited by Nixon