Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17JUL14 - Updated PMDG 777-200LR/F and 300ER Release Information

Do i have to trim if i´m using the Autothrottle, or is trimming only needed if i do full manual flights, with AP AND AT off? 

Absolutely.  Re-read it.

The FBW only trims out state changes.  If you change speeds, you need to re-trim.

What command should we be using to set joystick button trimming?

The regular FSX trim up/down command is just fine.

Kyle Rodgers

You can have ASN networked, but in my experience, you'll see terrible performance on the radar depiction because of the latency inherent in networked communication versus not having to reach across the network.

Your mileage may vary, based on whether you're using wireless or wired, and your own network topology.

Kyle that's interesting.Would You suggest to run ASN on the fsx pc ? Whats the performance loss/gain of doing that ?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

A Question about this Wx Radar...this only works together with ASN add on?  I use OpusFSX, this Radar dont work with it?

Only works with ASN. Opus does have a 3D precipitation model. In fact as of now, ASN is the only engine that does. 

I'm sure soon Steve at Opus software will create the data needed for radar integration with Opus. No one knows if it's even happening, though.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

No, it's ASN only.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Kyle that's interesting.Would You suggest to run ASN on the fsx pc ? Whats the performance loss/gain of doing that ?

I would suggest ASN on the FSX machine.  If you have a multi-core machine, the impact on FSX performance is negligible, with a great improvement in weather rendering.

Kyle Rodgers

Question for Dev Team.

In respect to "control force simulation" given the described compromise, if one is to have good FFY (IRIS) in this case, are you able to speculate what effects this compromise would have on force feedback? 

Thank you.

Zoran

Absolutely.  Re-read it.

The FBW only trims out state changes.  If you change speeds, you need to re-trim.

The regular FSX trim up/down command is just fine.

Ok Kyle, thanks!!! 

So, if i reaching my landing speed (145kts etc...) and disconnecting the AP, i leave the Autothrottle on, so this system will hold my speed. In this case, i don´t really have to change the trim, right? I mean, i don´t really changing the speed. I´ll just changing the pitch with my yoke to follow the PAPI.... is right? If i would diconnect the AP and changing the speed from my landig speed (145kts) to about 160kts after that, i have to change the trim??? 

1. There's an option to enable the light splashes in during the day/dusk/dawn in the SIMULATION options - that's been there since RTM.

2. Strobe flashes have been there since RTM as well. Make sure you have your settings turned up in FSX and make sure you're looking back far enough - the 777's wings are much further back from the cockpit than they are on the NG.

Flying at night I tried to move the camera as far as I could and still no strones, but can u tell me which setting I should turn up? Thx for your reply

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Release it when it's ready, nothing worse than releasing a product and finding a glitch or bug that could be fixed in a few hours. Cannot wait for the release! Trying to keep the excitement down! :D

So, if i reaching my landing speed (145kts etc...) and disconnecting the AP, i leave the Autothrottle on, so this system will hold my speed. In this case, i don´t really have to change the trim, right? I mean, i don´t really changing the speed. I´ll just changing the pitch with my yoke to follow the PAPI.... is right? If i would diconnect the AP and changing the speed from my landig speed (145kts) to about 160kts after that, i have to change the trim??? 

You're over thinking this...

The simple answer:

Trim the plane like you'd trim any other airplane.  The only difference here is that it will automatically trim for state changes (flaps up/down, gear up/down, etc).

Kyle Rodgers

Release it when it's ready, nothing worse than releasing a product and finding a glitch or bug that could be fixed in a few hours. Cannot wait for the release! Trying to keep the excitement down! :D

I don´t really think that someone shot this aircraft down. Malaysia Airlines....Boeing 777....295 passengers.... Remember MH370: Malaysia Airlines, T7 with 295 passengers. I think both cases are terrorist incidents!!!

You're over thinking this...

The simple answer:

Trim the plane like you'd trim any other airplane.  The only difference here is that it will automatically trim for state changes (flaps up/down, gear up/down, etc).

Okay, okay^^...!!! Thank you Kyle

Awesome update!  Looking forward to the release.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I read all 22 pages of the supplemental manual.....yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Chris Sunseri

I read all 22 pages of the supplemental manual.....yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Now, Chris, pls. kindly explain the flightplan thingy to me - just sum it up with two or three sentences ...   :lol: