Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17JUL14 - Updated PMDG 777-200LR/F and 300ER Release Information

Though I'm happy to see this release I've been quite happy with the 777 and the issues I've seen are so minor that they don't really bother me but guess it goes to show how committed PMDG is to the community that they have spent so much time working on this free update vs new planes

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Future PMDG products - release the manuals a few months before the plane. Poor Kyle will have no one left to tell to read the manuals! Oh wait, simmer logic and all that...

haha - the problem is that it's difficult to write documentation on items that may or may not make the final release.  Documentation is usually always one of the last items to get done.  They might flesh out most of it early on, but any additions or clarification go in close to release.  As an example, the Beta testers usually come up with a list of "we know you're going to have difficulty with _____, or flag ____ as a bug."  That comes from our own struggles or false bug reports, usually, so it's a matter of burning to product in.

It's kinda like the changelog, too.  That has the potential to change all the way up to the RTM candidate,  As such, you don't want to release it prior to that point.

I see the logic in wanting it earlier, but based on how things work, that's not realistic, though I'm sure most of us would love to see people get their hands on it earlier rather than later.

Kyle Rodgers

The day after my 21st birthday... I can live with that haha. At least I know I have money in my bank!

Great news! and congrats to the pmdg team for creating another beaut.

warm regards

OhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboy!

ʎoqɥO

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

May i ask, as a Brit; will we ever see the RR Trents on a model?

No, the 77W and 77L powered by General Electric GE90 only ;)

Second the question a couple posts above and sorry but I forgot.

Can we have ASN networked or on the same pc as FSX? Thanks!

Thanks for update!!! Hopefully tomorrow...  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

📺 SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL 📺

📸 FOLLOW OUR INSTAGRAM. 📸

I7 5960x @4.3ghz // Asus Rampage V Extreme/U3.1  //  Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum 16gb 3000mhz 4 X 4gb  //  EVGA GTX980ti  //  Raid0 = 2xSSD 1tb Samsung + SSD 500gb Samsung  //  ASUS Gaming Monitor PG278Q 27"  //  Corsair 900d Full Tower  //  Full watercooler XSPC cpu e vga block.

Can we have ASN networked or on the same pc as FSX?

You can have ASN networked, but in my experience, you'll see terrible performance on the radar depiction because of the latency inherent in networked communication versus not having to reach across the network.

Your mileage may vary, based on whether you're using wireless or wired, and your own network topology.

Kyle Rodgers

I asked to Pope help the PMDG team to do this yet on time,  I am on hunger strike waiting for the moment to buy the new PMDG, if it takes too long I will die.

OD9t3iM.jpg

*Note: Please don't take it too serious. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

I just red the SP1 document but i don´t really understand the "trim thing". I normally use the autothrust for the whole flight, but i switch the AP off, so i can do a manual landing. Do i have to trim if i´m using the Autothrottle, or is trimming only needed if i do full manual flights, with AP AND AT off? 

What command should we be using to set joystick button trimming? Right now I have a couple buttons set for up and down, and they move the physical handle in the T7 (and wheel in the NGX). I assume this is wrong because a pilot isn't going to be using those handles (or wheel) to trim during a takeoff or landing.