Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17JUL14 - Updated PMDG 777-200LR/F and 300ER Release Information

secretly reading this at work, big smile on face, no one knows why lol

Sorry if this has been answered. But are there any known issues with running ASN networked with the weather radar?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

I have a question about datalink. Say I have ASN and I want to recieve a metar on the fmc with the wind clouds visibility and so on for my destination airport which is currently 250-200 nm away. Is this feature possible in one of the 3 datalink weather categories (wind, descent, or altn wx)?

Jimmy Keeran

Excellent Mr. Randazzo is the best you, and his team of PMDG, I am anxious waiting for the update :-D :-)

Fantastic news, indeed! thumbup_zps0c478985.gif

In preparation for the update, should we completely uninstall the current 777 product? Or is it going to be routinely safe to install the SP1 on top of it?

I guess similar questions might have been asked before but I would like to make sure now since the release is right behind the corner.

Robert Wolant

Good to hear, thanks PMDG!

And a special thanks to Ryan for being OUR ambassador.  :drinks:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Superb! 

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Performance won't be significally different, well ok but I hope you didn't forget to fix the landing lag. Probably due to the high soundload during the landing, a lot of users have reported 1 or 2 seconds freeze before touchdown, which is particularry annoying to complete a perfect landing.

There are options to preload sounds now to attempt to deal with this. If you have a fast HD or SSD and a good sound card, there should be no reason to use them. These new settings increase VAS load, so they're defaulted to off. Make sure you read the Intro manual, a lot has changed throughout the product.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Looking forward to the release.

I now have a much better understanding of weather radar, thanks Ryan for the PDF.  I wasn't aware that FSX always applied a 2G load in turbulence, or is it AS?

Thanks for the information.  

May i ask, as a Brit; will we ever see the RR Trents on a model?

Ian R Tyldesley

There are options to preload sounds now to attempt to deal with this. If you have a fast HD or SSD and a good sound card, there should be no reason to use them. These new settings increase VAS load, so they're defaulted to off. Make sure you read the Intro manual, a lot has changed throughout the product.

Thanks for this answer. Although I've got a powerfull computer running at 4.6Ghz my Achilles heel is the hard disk, I don't have a SSD, it's why I've got this freeze, otherwise during the taxi takeoff cruise all is smooth up to 30fps. I can't wait to test these new preoload sounds option, great news.

I'd just like to mention 'Luke Pabari' who has proven to me that he is the most active beta tester you've ever had.  His facebook activity has been nothing short of relentless!

I am not related to him in any way, I just recognize dedication.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Ryan do you have any figures on how much VAS that had been saved with the new SP1.I have had problems with OOM since using the 777. Just wondering if there is just a little decrease or if you guys have made a lot of progress with VAS using with the 777.

Thanks for your time