Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

22Jul14 - Sp1 Monitoring Items Updated

Generally speaking, without any reference to any particular developer intended, release decisions are managerial decisions: You can't blame testers for reporting their findings if the company decides to shift the bugfix to a servicepack after release.

To me it's not a big deal that the beta team didn't find every single issue. However, I do find it odd that PMDG hasn't updated this thread since they were aiming to get SP1b out before this past weekend. 

Generally speaking, without any reference to any particular developer intended, release decisions are managerial decisions: You can't blame testers for reporting their findings if the company decides to shift the bugfix to a servicepack after release.

But if a company knows there are still issues and are selling a product that will not work correctly and potential customers are not informed that's not right.

I don't have any difficulty landing the aircraft, in fact with A/T on, I find it tends to float less than RTM.

Be interesting to see what the trim is like after the hotfix. Hoping for the best.

Excellent so the default position of the forum is 'we want this patch NOW!!!!' and once PMDG release said patch the response is 'they should have tested it for longer'.  

Makes me wonder why they even bother with this community!

Ian R Tyldesley

Excellent so the default position of the forum is 'we want this patch NOW!!!!' and once PMDG release said patch the response is 'they should have tested it for longer'.  

Makes me wonder why they even bother with this community!

haha - exactly.

...and people wonder why I'm so cynical here.

Kyle Rodgers

BTW - Even when I use a well created flight plan using pfpx for example, the issue with auto-cruise 8x/16x remains..... Did I miss anything?

Jonathan Poller

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus6.png qw787_banner.png

I understand the issue with the 8x/16x should be fixed since it was working before, but...

At 4x a 12 hours flight will take 3 hours to complete, am I right? Why the need of 8x/16x? even more knowing that you loose the AI and the scenery can't keep up.

To me it's not a big deal that the beta team didn't find every single issue. However, I do find it odd that PMDG hasn't updated this thread since they were aiming to get SP1b out before this past weekend. 

Same here. Wish they would comment on what is going on.

Best regards,

Martin Schiewe

Usually it means they found more stuff to fix that hadn't been reported.

I'd consider that a good thing.

Kyle Rodgers

I´m among those happy people who haven´t seen any problems, like freezes, OOM's etc. after SP1.

It was told that SP1b was planned to be released friday, so I wonder too why they did not give any hints on whats going on.

I think most of us doesn´t need a detailed report, but at least they should have posted a short notice that SP1b has been postponed due to further issues, or just the need to do some more extensive testing.

PMDG are really good at developing very highend FSX addons, but I still think they could do better communicating with their customers.

I got mthe impression taht with SP1 it would now be possible to send smaller updates and hotfixes. At least , if the panel freezing has been fixed, this could have helped those with that problem to get going.

Apart from that I´m happy now with the 777 and has also bought the 300ER.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

I thought the OC that came with SP1 is supposed to allow them to push small updates to us intermittently. If they find more stuff to fix, they aren't going to "hang on to the fix for another year because they keep finding stuff to fix because they would rather just release one update", are they? (Rhetorical only :ph34r:)

Lol 747V2 is top priority, followed by NGX SP2, the 777 SP1b

Usually it means they found more stuff to fix that hadn't been reported.

I'd consider that a good thing.

Could be but as a customer cilenses are never a good thing. If a fix window has been released and you don't make it, it is not OK to not inform your customer about it.