Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

22Jul14 - Sp1 Monitoring Items Updated

As it happens I use ASN weather and have a lot of additional airport scenery. Certainly not stock FSX then. Yet I fly the 777 long haul in real time and don't get OOMs. FSX can use all 4GB available so you don't have to limit to 2 GB VAS. If you want to use large areas of photo scenery then that is a problem. Personally I don't see the point of it when using PMDG airliner addons.

You didn't just remark that XPlane could use so much VAS, you said FSX had had its day. You're entitled to your opinion but you stated it as a fact.

Kevin i am seriously wondering if English is your first language.  At no point did i state that 2Gb was a VAS limit.  I did say that with stock FSX and the 777 running that I use around 2Gb.  

My statement regarding FSX started with "I think", i.e. my opinion, i.e. not a fact.

Ian R Tyldesley

I get the the pausing issue, with plenty of memory to spare. I doubt memory is an issue

What is the best way to monitor VAS usage?

I use Quantam Leap by Bob Scott in the Avsim Lib. It can run via wideFS and so easy to monitor.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Good morning

Quick question: is SP1 in download section already version SP1b?

Thanks for quick reply.

Have a nice day and best regards

Marcel Ambord

Not yet Marcel, from what Robert from PMDG said yesterday, the issues prevalent in this thread is a top priority in SP1B. It may take a little time to put this service pack out.

You asked:

I replied

"I use Quantam Leap by Bob Scott in the Avsim Lib. It can run via wideFS and so easy to monitor."

You bothered not to acknowledge my post, so I shall not offer you anymore tips.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well for starters everything is explained in the introduction manual,  you will find all your answers  in here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I get the the pausing issue, with plenty of memory to spare. I doubt memory is an issue

Same. Indeed, I have a rig that I consider plenty powerful. (i5 2500k OC'd to 4.85 / eVGA GTX 560Ti SuperClocked 1GB GDDR5 256-bit GPU) When I first downloaded SP1 and the 300ER, I didn't have any issues whatsoever. However, a few days later, I was prompted and thus downloaded a NVIDIA driver update. I think this update cleared the settings I had set (8xS) on NVIDIA Inspector, pursuant to Ryan's pinned thread. I had jagged edges and those weird blurring effects on the display units. Inspector settings fixed the problem. However, before I reset Inspector and afterwards, I started experiencing the freezing effects. After resetting Inspector settings, freezing continued as before.

I know I saw someone else mentioning the same thing with a different graphics card. I may be stating something already well-known here, but was just curious if others with similar rigs experienced a similar chronology. I know little about software, but with Rob saying the problem appeared to be something from SP1 that aggravated another thing in FSX, what is it about a driver update that, beforehand, the SP1 did not aggravate something in FSX, but after the driver update, for some reason did?

Well for the record.

I had a freezing for about 10 minutes yesterday on the MD11.

So there you go... :blink:

You bothered not to acknowledge my post, so I shall not offer you anymore tips.

thanks for the link lol, im going to check it out today.

I just downloaded it and checked it out, with the 777ER at flughtbeams's kden with trackir and asn, my reading is 1525516. is that 1.52 megabytes?

How do I determine how much fsx is using?

And I meant gigabyte, sorry wrong decade