Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Ariane Design

Just out of curiosity I would like to ask about this developer.

I remember, long time ago I had their 737 for FS9, and it was great plane to fly, I enjoyed her so much.

I am wondering why this developer is banned, or even expelled from FS world?

There are no any news, no even customers who claims,praise or doing some sort of comparisons, simply utter silence.

Why AD is such niche developer ?

They do great 737, a bit pricey with troublesome activation, but finally their 737 is really nice.

So why ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I believe it was because they had no support at all.

It's actually a little more involved. The "problem" goes back some 15 years now. Fire up Google and search for Ariane Design. Lots of good reading. Also, search for Peter Tishma. More good reading. Lack of support was/is a major issue but there's more to the story. Nothing like a little intrigue..... :rolleyes:

Doug

Just forget them, simply buy the PMDG 737, end of. Or iFly for P3D.

The above only ever made money because no one else had made a 737.

April 2001. I was in Kuwait and got a message from American Airlines, returning my call. Subject; Tishma's "rights" under their license agreement. What an enlightening conversation that was for the AA folks.

1. The base airplane is very very expensive, there is no liveries only the Boeing colour, for only 1 model like 737-800. If you want the 737-900 or 737-700 too, you have to pay the same price again.

2. For liveries I don´t know,  5-6 Liveries? You have to pay again.

3 You are not allowed to paint some liveries and upload it on avsim.

and so on.

April 2001. I was in Kuwait and got a message from American Airlines, returning my call. Subject; Tishma's "rights" under their license agreement. What an enlightening conversation that was for the AA folks.

I remember those days so well Tom. One thing about Peter, he had big ones.....

Doug

1. The base airplane is very very expensive, there is no liveries only the Boeing colour, for only 1 model like 737-800. If you want the 737-900 or 737-700 too, you have to pay the same price again.

2. For liveries I don´t know,  5-6 Liveries? You have to pay again.

3 You are not allowed to paint some liveries and upload it on avsim.

and so on.

I'm stunned. :Hypnotized:

I met Peter Tishma when I visited the RC Simulation's FS Show at the National Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, England in the late 90's or early noughties. Pete Dowson was with me and PT was sucking up to him big time. I'll not forget that for a while.

Those were happy days when we had annual shows where you could meet so many people you only knew on forums. :smile:

I met Peter Tishma when I visited the RC Simulation's FS Show at the National Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, England in the late 90's or early noughties. Pete Dowson was with me and PT was sucking up to him big time. I'll not forget that for a while.

Was PT wearing his airline pilot's uniform with the four gold bars (like he did at another show / convention)?  :rolleyes:

Was PT wearing his airline pilot's uniform with the four gold bars (like he did at another show / convention)? :rolleyes:

:Big Grin: I'm sure I would have remembered that Tom. No, I think he was in civvies. Perhaps the uniform was at the cleaners.