Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

FSX Fiber Accelerator v1.3

This is niche market, Devs are just protecting their livelihood. The other alternative would be hardware dongles, that would just drive up costs more and be inconvenient.

Is it a big deal to get a internet connection to your rig? Buy a cheap wi-fi dongle and be done with it. 

And why would you post emails when the other party says don't? I don't know about it being illegal or not, but its just being plain rude.

Is it a big deal to get a internet connection to your rig? Buy a cheap wi-fi dongle and be done with it. 

There are at least some of us who spend a lot of time a long way from any ISP or network coverage. In my case I spend at least 8 months each year on a ship where I may be at sea for weeks at a time and have no way to get my personal laptop online.

There are at least some of us who spend a lot of time a long way from any ISP or network coverage. In my case I spend at least 8 months each year on a ship where I may be at sea for weeks at a time and have no way to get my personal laptop online.

Yeah, didn't consider this.

There are ways to support this, if FSPS already does not in some way. 

One way is for the software to support a check-out of licence option from the server for offline users.  Once checked-out you can be offline and the licence cannot be used/activated by anyone else.

It's one of the reasons why I have to think pretty long and hard about buying anything that requires an always on connection - and usually end up closing my wallet.

I understand why some developers feel the need to do this, but I also hope they spare a thought or two for those of us who can't always be online.

Being online is just part of a new set of system requirements, just like when they specify that you must have Windows 7, keyboard, mouse, etc. If you don't meet the requirements then move on. It's like complaining to an OSX dev that it's not compatible with Windows.  :rolleyes:

Brian appears to have deleted his post from earlier today but I can still read it in the email notification sent to me.

In that case I see no point in continuing the discussion except to reiterate that FSFA does appear to work okay without an internet connection. Enjoy your flights everyone. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No the mods  deleted  it  due to probably  because of the contents of the post  that contained a private email  contents

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Frankly, if I were them as soon as you started posting copies of e-mails like you have done I would cease corresponding with you. Additionally, in an earlier post you stated that you would use a "cracked" version if it were available. I'm surprised you are still able to post here!

Frankly, if I were them as soon as you started posting copies of e-mails like you have done I would cease corresponding with you. Additionally, in an earlier post you stated that you would use a "cracked" version if it were available. I'm surprised you are still able to post here!

I'll handle this Robert, thanks for the heads up! We will not tolerate advocating piracy, period.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Where can I get this latest version

My updater (in FA) always says "no updates available" with version 1.0.0.0 

??

Been to where you have purchased it  and download  the updates from there? or you can go here read post 10

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/77231-fsx-fiber-accelerator-out-now/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Where can I get this latest version

My updater (in FA) always says "no updates available" with version 1.0.0.0 

??

that's for P3D though

Is there an update for it as well, I never use FSX

Ok thought it would be just a matter of just going back to your account  to where you bought it  hopefully some else got  a better idea

Peter kelberg

It would be great that the program could be more automatic, without the need for keys to different heights and the program to solve alone, and that only starts each time you start the FSX.

Has anyone had an issue with FSX and the screen Freezing?  I didn't notice before running fiber accelerator but not sure if it is the culprit.  The screen kind of turns white I can still see the image and the program says not responding.  If I wait a while it seems to clear up.   Other that that I like the program.  Hope I can resolve this issue.  I'm running version 1.3.2....  I'm using the AGL cycle which I like since it is automatic, but wonder if that may be the issue.

Thanks for any help

Bill