Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

FlyTampa-Copenhagen Released

Explain this:

Found it too expensive, bought it anyway, have been very pleased with it.   :lol:

That's my life in one sentence!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Sorry to go O/T for a sec, guys, but;

6£ pounds more to pay. That is equivalent to roughly 3 pints of finest ale.

When was the last time you bought a 'pint in the UK, Cap'n ?!?!   :lol: 

£2 per pint is 80s prices;  try £3.50-£4 a pint in most cities, and £5-7 in London. :wink:

My god I never actually looked at the prices in the pub or it never occurred to me how much a pint cost. :lol:  I just buy them and drink...... I thought there are the same as at Sainsbury's. When you buy a pint there. That's very funny.... :lol:

You quoted the wrong person.

Oops! My apologies Glenn.

For the record: I was pointing out that while Orbx does indeed require their areas to host their airports, they add a lot of value. EG Bob, 200+ freeware airports, AI, etc. This again, is not a knock against FlyTampa. It is a defence of the 'other company'

Once again my apologies, Glenn, for misquoting you.

Sorry to go O/T for a sec, guys, but;

When was the last time you bought a 'pint in the UK, Cap'n ?!?!   :lol: 

£2 per pint is 80s prices;  try £3.50-£4 a pint in most cities, and £5-7 in London. :wink:

At least the petrol is going down whilst the beer most certainly isn't!

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

EKCH is very nice airport but definitely the heaviest ( fps ) from all other FLY TAMPA products.

I hope that with SP they can better optimize performance.

Artur 

EKCH is very nice airport but definitely the heaviest ( fps ) from all other FLY TAMPA products.

I hope that with SP they can better optimize performance.

Interesting how some have this experience where others claim the performance is great...

Richard Åsberg

To be honest I had to give up on flying to EKCH. In spite of reducing all possible options given in the Configurator, I just ended up with OOMs.

Something I am not experiencing with other addons like their OMDB and even mega airports like EGLL, EDDF, EHAM, LTBA, KLAX or KORD.

Everything is pretty much optimized on my system and EKCH is the solely only addon airport I 'hangared'.

The only similar problem I remember was with FSDG Thessaloniki which I finally stopped flying to.

Maybe the surrounding area with the detailed city and custom forests is the culprit for the performance problems.

Much as I love detailed scenery on approach, I would gladly turn it off to be able to use the airport at all.

So I hope there will finally be a version letting people choose the airport alone. Something tells me it would add a lot of VAS lost on rendering the area.

Never mind - absolutely no bashing intended on my side and I still value FlyTampa (I would like to buy YSSY).

Just sharing my personal experience with Fly Copenhagen for fellow simmers to see two sides of the story.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this scenery and considering what you experienced it would be nice to know what others did to have this scenery perform great.

Richard Åsberg

'The other company' also clearly market the airports as ADDONS to the Region packs. Its not hidden.

The guy at AirDailyX needs some education on antivirus software and the MO of ### AI.  :(

Please educate. What is the MO?

To be honest I had to give up on flying to EKCH. In spite of reducing all possible options given in the Configurator, I just ended up with OOMs.

Ditto Robert! Tried a third time yesterday, a flight from LSGG (fsdt) to EKCH FlyTampa (P3D 2.4 - Aerosoft Airbus A319) - ended in a OOM. Like you, I have disabled all the "extras" in the configurator, but still the VAS usage jumps from ca 2300mb to >3000 as soon as the airport comes in to LOD, and the autogen-mods I believe they put in, gets to work. Looks awesome though, but a bit frustrating having the sim crashing at 2500 ft AGL every time.. 

A solution might be to decrease the autogen max buildings value - so that I might be able to land for once:)