Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FSX Steam Released! (80% off sale?)

Will it be -80% though? Considering that this is a special introductory price set by Dovetail and not a normal sale price, we might not see it at a discount bigger than -50% again.

Quite possibly. Euro Truck Simulator 2, which was released over a year ago, is now on sale for 85% off. Ditto for DT's Train Simulator, which often goes on sale with huge discounts.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

That is IF anyone really really wants to still run FSX in 50 years from now.

Well someone will have to test the NGX sp2

NGX
is not compatible and from the tone of the post.
It might be some time before it is if ever!

I wouldn't read anything into that , its the PMDG standard response, harsh words followed by a cone of silence  :rolleyes:

ZORAN

My FSX could care less if the terrain cache is flushed out or not.

Good for you Jim--Quit being a negative Nancy and let others enjoy the most interesting thing that has happened in the Sim community in a while.

What's really funny about this whole thing? Seeing adult men (I think most are) trying to justify why they do or don't need to purchase a $5 piece of software. Simply hilarious!

No what's really funny is how a bunch of adult men puff out thier chest for thier financial fortitude at saving 5 bucks. ;)

Jim Atkins

What's really funny about this whole thing? Seeing adult men (I think most are) trying to justify why they do or don't need to purchase a $5 piece of software. Simply hilarious!

Because they have to ask their wives to hand over the five bucks....   Any honest married man will tell you that.... :wacko:

Quite possibly. Euro Truck Simulator 2, which was released over a year ago, is now on sale for 85% off. Ditto for DT's Train Simulator, which often goes on sale with huge discounts.

Also picked up!

Let's play some multiplayer trucking, yes?

Also picked up!

Let's play some multiplayer trucking, yes?

Can you use flight sim controls for it?  I wouldn't be interested in buying steerings wheels etc

ZORAN

Thank you!!! It's crazy that die-hard simmers who are willing to spend a thousand bucks on extras wind,water, and dirt all of a sudden become McScrooges. 

Because they have to ask their wives to hand over the five bucks....   Any honest married man will tell you that.... :wacko:

I have honestly never done that, my 3 ex wives will tell you its a fact 

ZORAN

Thank you!!! It's crazy that die-hard simmers who are willing to spend a thousand bucks on extras wind,water, and dirt all of a sudden become McScrooges.

Exactly, early reports of steams fsx running better than DVDs one is encouraging to long term users.

We have an interesting cundrum about to play out. With this new exposure to a much wider audience its a matter of when and not if they discover the world of add ons. Companies like ORBX and PMDG will no doubt follow the money trail and so they should be rewarded for years of hard work but where does that leave P3D ? a much more expensive platform that wont be promoted to the masses.

Time =money so the question is will Devs continue to support P3D and its much smaller audience? They will need to also adjust their software every time LM updates P3D which seems to be frequently. Will it be worth the hassle?

Interesting times ahead

What I don't really understand, is why do people have to defend whatever platform they use?   Why?!?!?   I use FSX,P3D,XPX, and FS9. I use them all..and will continue to do so.   Why..does one have to orphan any of them?  Each one, has their perks...so...I enjoy the perks.  I will enjoy FSX.se for any perks that it adds to the hobby.   Like I typed...WHY...do people have to settle upon a particular flight software, and support it on the same model as a sports franchise? Heck...crank up FS98, if you like...it's all good for the one flying the sim.....  Jeez.....

Also, I agree....let's not get this thread locked up...over chest and war-camp pounding.   Please everyone...let's get back to comparing FSX to FSX.se and see what is what....add-on compatibility as it stands today. THAT is what the thread should be running with....

I have honestly never done that, my 3 ex wives will tell you its a fact 

LOLOLOLOLOL!   That was funny...and most welcome!   I 'hear ya'....lololololol

Mitch

Can you use flight sim controls for it?  I wouldn't be interested in buying steerings wheels etc

You actually can!

I used my Saitek Yoke to drive a while back. It works, but of course, isn't that realistic at all.

I also used my Saitek pedals to accelerate and brake. It worked!

"People will look at the FSX Generation as the one that...."

What??!!!!  :lol:  Maybe you were being mock-heroic.

Nope, I truly think the FSX gen was the one where tech became democratized, small companies starting making huge efforts, not just game companies but real sim nuts made up of aviation people with some tech know-how. That's how we got to the position we are today, with sim developers getting information from aircraft manufacturers, riding on the planes they model, making real audio recordings, and taking measurements. Heroic might sound like hyperbole, but you would be hard pressed to find another enclave in the world of tech - past or present - propelled by such pure enthusiasm and ingenuity, and by wildly independent parties working in relative cohesion.

....let's not get this thread locked up.

Yes your right of course, best leave that for another thread

ZORAN