Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FSX Steam Released! (80% off sale?)

I purchased for the Flight1 super king air.

33 thousand views in 23 hours! Wow

Is Flight1 on Steam as DLC already?

Not yet but from reading here I should be able to install it ok, obviously I would much rather to install through Steam DCL, here's hoping though.

So the 3 other things they "fixed" are worth all this?

Jim, I respect you greatly and followed you faithfully down the "dovetail is the devil" path as I was equally skeptical that they would deliver nothing short of a embarrassing festival of DLC and incompatibility. But for $4.99 I figured I could live with getting taken for less than a good burger and gave it a shot.

I have to say, I am never going back to old FSX. I am doing things on DX9 with Vector, Global, Mesh, and LC that I could never have done in FSX. I suspect it is the "Fix to flush all levels of detail in terrain cache" and the "Increased Vertex and Index Buffers and the number of buffers" but I am certain, that side by side, this version runs faster, more stable, and is a great value to all for $4.99. Although there are some simconnect and installer updates that will need to be done by developers, I see this as my new platform until something other than X-Plane with 64bit comes out. Trust me bud, just try it now that its here.

Trust me bud, just try it now that its hear.

That's a great report for your situation for sure!! And am I sure there are others that are in the same situation!

But nothing has ever been wrong with my tricked out MS FSX so there is absolutely nothing to gain for me.

so there is absolutely nothing to gain for me.

The problem with that statement is that you DON'T know that. You don't know how your performance will be on the SE because you haven't tried it.

I'm with you on this one, Jim; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well that was the cheapest insurance i ever bought!

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

So any news on VAS usage,

does it get flush or what ????

(refering to: Fix to flush all levels of detail in terrain cache)

Well that was the cheapest insurance i ever bought!

Very true actually but a $4.99 paper weight for users that will move to P3D 

Rich Sennett

Put me down as another buyer of FSX - SE.

For 5 dollars, I couldn't resist. I broke down and bought it on Steam even though I already have the disks.

I also find Steam very convenient and easy to use.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Very true actually but a $4.99 paper weight for users that will move to P3D 

Oh I've been with P3D since the first hour V2 was released and never looked back. Just keeping my options open brother  ^_^

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Oh I've been with P3D since the first hour V2 was released and never looked back. Just keeping my options open brother  ^_^

Got yah Stephen :)

Rich Sennett

For $4.99 even I bought it just to kick your asses in Redbull Air Races! :)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!