Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

FSX-SE Compatibility Testing Thread

would it make any sense to buy steam edition at the $4.99 price now and wait for developers to update current software due to the fact that we already spent a bundle on their products?

It's five bucks...you are not going to miss it.   You do pick up all your options though by parting with it.  It would cost you more to re-order disks from your boxed set, if you needed to.  If you still fly FSX, this is a no-brainer.

Maybe I missed it, but does the DX10Fixer work?

Someone said that it did....can't remember on which thread and post location...but did read that.  Good luck!

Nothing special. Do you have both FSX versions installed or just FSX-SE?

Just FSX-SE

These developers of these add-ons would be foolish not to make their payware compatible with FSX-SE.  Have you seen the Steam reviews?  This release has revitalized FSX and when people start looking to improve the graphics and plane selections they will be searching the internet for these add-ons.   To me the payware companies should be busting their balls to get their software running on this version of FSX as soon as possible.

Just FSX-SE

These developers of these add-ons would be foolish not to make their payware compatible with FSX-SE.  Have you seen the Steam reviews?  This release has revitalized FSX and when people start looking to improve the graphics and plane selections they will be searching the internet for these add-ons.   To me the payware companies should be busting their balls to get their software running on this version of FSX as soon as possible.

The following have taken FSX-SE on board as far as I know

FSDT

Flightbeam and QW via FSDT

Orbx

A2A

FSUIPC about Jan 9th

HiFi (working on it)

PMDG maybe. Could be some time, as they are the world renown for dragging the chain. Even when lawyers are not involved.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

That is a good start - for just the 2nd day of release.

Apparently FSUIPC cant happen soon enough?

Its what I miss the most. despise setting all controllers using the default controller/button setting. Stupid thing! FSUIPC is so much more intelligent!

I was very surprised by the Flight 1 Ifly forum moderators. Seem to have a "Who Cares"  attitude. Yet Flight 1 is a DTG partner. Don't expect an update to Ifly products if they don't work in FSX-SE anytime soon.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes

Can you enable bloom and shadows from the FSX menu?

ZORAN

Hi Martin,

I don't believe you really "got it".  There are current compatibility issues with addon installation that are likely to be soon resolved but it runs smoother with similar settings.  Suspend your skepticism and get it while it's on sale.  You will not regret it.

Jim F.

I have been reading about all the tweaks that you have to do with the DVD FSX + the poor frame rates.  I installed FSX-SE and was up in running in less than 20 minutes from purchase to in the air. 

If it was that easy for me I could understand why one would want to switch over from the DVD version.  I really think it is a matter of time before the add ons software will be just as easy to install.  It's a business and these devs want to jump on this new version of a sim that is 8+ years old now?

Hey, anything that improves our flightsim experience I'm onboard, just that it seems like I spend 50% of my time getting it to work right with tweeks and hardware compatibilty and 50% flying, so anything that can increase my enjoyment of "JUST" flying I'm all for it, be it P3D, Xplane, or FSX-SE :rolleyes:

Cheers

Martin

I can't get the Q400 working. Any word on its compatibility? Majestics website says it may work, but that's just their guess. Its showing up in the SimObjects folder which was created upon installation of the q400. This new folder is within the Steam FSX folder called Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The Q400 won't install into the regular SimObjects folder.

FSCloud is compatible as well (http://fscloud.net).

You might want to install the legacy Simconnect version coming with FSX: SE from your steam folder first, for me:

E:\Programme\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK