Sign in to follow this  
Echofox

FSX and Steam Forums

Thanks guys for your input, I worried a bit when I posted that this could create a nasty slanging match, glad to know that this is something that is being monitored for the future. Didn't realise Steve that I'd jumped your post.

Best wishes for Christmas and 2015

Echofox

I agree with Tom. I downloaded. Seems more like a commercial wrapper around the same old code. 2015 will provide the air space where DTG intend to fly. I hope they respect the flight sim user community seriously and the add-on market professionally.

Quoting the Dovetail Games web site (spelling mistakes courtesy of Dovetail Games):

"Dovetail Games has signed a globla licensing deal with Microsoft, granting exclusive rights to develop and publish all-new flight products based on Microsoft's genre-defining flight technology. We are currently investigating new concepts in this area and have brough a release to market in December 2015."

So it looks like a year from now would be a good time for AVSIM to have a separate forum for Dovetail's flight simulator. Looking at the spelling mistakes in the quote from Dovetail Games it's hard to believe they are from the UK!

Can we not fragment the community please?

The differences in FSX:SE and FSX Gold are minor. That's why they share the SAME NAME! Anyone saying FSX:SE is as different as P3D needs an eye exam.

I feel some people have an agenda against Steam and DoveTail overall, but can we just put aside our personal feelings?

Can we not fragment the community please?

The differences in FSX:SE and FSX Gold are minor. That's why they share the SAME NAME! Anyone saying FSX:SE is as different as P3D needs an eye exam.

I feel some people have an agenda against Steam and DoveTail overall, but can we just put aside our personal feelings?

My feelings exactly. Comparing, always comparing, that´s the source of frustration...and dislike between simm...er, human.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Can I filter topics using prefixes? Searched but didn't find an answer.

Yes, just click on the blue or green prefix tag.

Al

Thanks, Al.

Anyone getting so worked up about this discussion of FSZ:SE vs FSX needs to get not an eye exam but a check up from the neck up. The release of SE is similar to the release of a new app.

Anything new always gets the full discussion. Why in the world would anyone think it's some kind of evil agenda. As someone said long ago, "...paranoia strikes deep, into your mind it will creep...".

Everybody take a chill pill.