Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

What would you like to see for XPX in 2015?

Brian,

Here's a few shots from DFW. Taking off from DFW on 35L turning northeast then turning back to the west towards Lake Grapevine.

a320neo_21_zps2a23dfba.png

a320neo_23_zps3002d987.png

a320neo_24_zpse4a081eb.png

NAX669.png

+1 to that, animated realistic water and seasonal textures would be nice also...Traffic while nice I think will end up turning FPS into mud...

About 10x productivity increase from LR so that at least 2% of Tony's list is accomplished in 2015.

The Glacieral pace of improvement is what really drove me away from XP10 in the first place.

Of yeah...and Nicolas T over at the org to just .....fade......away.....

RE Thomason Jr.

just what I believed to have x-plane 10 when it was initially out....... usable ATC & scalable AI

I see this a lot. Is online flying not an option? (built in atc is not the best agreed ofc)

-Roland

+1 to that, animated realistic water and seasonal textures would be nice also...Traffic while nice I think will end up turning FPS into mud...

World of traffic (AI traffic add on) do not affect the FPS on my machine, maybe the approach used is FPS friendly. But it does not fill all the airports with AI traffic like it does in FSX, the X plane community keeps on adding ground files and route files and aircraft liveries on  http://forums.x-plane.org/ and we have to add them to World of traffic sub folders in XPX  in order to add traffic gradually to specific airports. I think this add on can be developed furthermore and seems to be FPS friendly.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I agree with many on what needs to happen to create a "plausible world". Seasons, Traffic and ATC at the top of the list for me. What I am concerned about is snail pace at which this product moves forward. Also the lack of owner/developer interaction with the public and not discussing what major functions are being developed, if any at this time, and the approximation of release dates for those major implementations. I love the feel of this product but dealing with it is like watching a full length movie a 1 frame per second.

Bob

there is a huge lack of completed OSM data for roads and airports with buildings.

Neither Laminar nor XP addon developers are responsible for OSM data. OSM is a community effort, Laminar is just using it.

If you want to have better OSM data in the US, you should help with editing the OSM accordingly ;-)

The Glacieral pace of improvement is what really drove me away from XP10 in the first place.

What I am concerned about is snail pace at which this product moves forward.

Ben has written some comments in the last week which actually are about the mobile versions of XP 10, but I guess also apply for XP development in general. Some quotes I find worth to think about:

sometimes the concern isn’t how much _work_ has to be done (e.g. how many hours of coding) but how much _technical risk_ there is, e.g. what is the percent chance that a nasty bug or problem shows up at the last minute for which the bug fix takes a long time.

http://developer.x-plane.com/2014/12/why-apple-before-android/#comment-9821

“Hire more developers”. The LR developer team has actually grown significantly over the past 5 years. And it may grow more. But I hear “hire more developers” suggested by users as a panacea for lots of things we have or haven’t done, and my response is the same:

– Understand that scheduled times to ship on products -do not- become shorter by adding more warm bodies.

Project ship times are limited by -scope-. One way to understand this is to (as I have done) learn from the school of hard knocks: take a big project, don’t cut scope, add more warm bodies, and watch what happens.

http://developer.x-plane.com/2014/12/why-apple-before-android/#comment-9857

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Fix load times, flight planner, visibility fix, more autogen variety, but I figure 2015 may bring couple fixes, but I doubt will see noticeable improvements till 2020 to really notice. It's incremental.

Neither Laminar nor XP addon developers are responsible for OSM data. OSM is a community effort, Laminar is just using it.

If you want to have better OSM data in the US, you should help with editing the OSM accordingly ;-)

To be fair, LR decided not to have buildings at airports or any algorithm based building because they wanted other people to work with OSM.

So no buildings at airports is directly related to their decision, not because people are  or are not populating OSM databases.

A decision to say you are not responsible for things you say you want in the game is no decision at all.

To be fair, LR decided not to have buildings at airports or any algorithm based building because they wanted other people to work with OSM.

So no buildings at airports is directly related to their decision, not because people are  or are not populating OSM databases.

As someone who regularly monitors and contributes to OSM, believe me when I say, that this year (2014) alone the size of the data in OSM has increased by a large amount. Canada is going through a data import where large chunks are being imported everyday, I've seen several imports in the past weeks of smaller US cities and towns. Not to mention more data in Europe, e.g. in Norway, Italy, the Czech Republic and the UK. I think 2015 will be another great year for OSM, all of which will go see it's way into out flight simulators in one form or another

1) Saab 340 update 1.2

2) Reality Expansion Pack from Simcoders

3) IXEG 737

4) some time to try WED and create layout/buildings for local airport.

Full Oculus Rıft Support...NOW! That would be enough, honestly. Waiting for CV1 is killing my interest in XP and I spend most time in DCS just because of the Oculus. Even support in Beta releases would be fine as DK2 is technically a Beta device...No İ

I'm not related to the other Harris......

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!