Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

What would you like to see for XPX in 2015?

Most of the default plane in X-pane 10 has half the panel not operational or very basic functionality. As a new user to X-plane 10 I was really turn off by the fact that I would really need to buy an 3rd party plane form the start.

Have you even tried the default FSX 747 or 737 or any jet airliner??

Yes I fly the a320 all the time

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Spent like $100 on planes and $40 on apps for X-plane. In Urban areas flying in fsx and xpx about the same frame rate, but once outside major cities get 2x more frame rates in xpx than fsx.

Overtime save money using X-plane it's more mod friendly than fsx ever was. I build items things in Xplane I won't bother in fsx as it all about the payware $$$ candy. Like fsx overall but I feel more about making money with add ons than moving hobbies.

And that's acceptable (default) quality for you?

At least the nav stack is working and I can do ILS approach.  I know I need to get into payware very soon. I only wanted to warmed up to X-plane 10 before I do.

I suspect you're doing something wrong in X-Plane then.  Nav stack works fine in X-Plane.

Perhaps post some details and we may be able to sort it out.

I suspect you're doing something wrong in X-Plane then.  Nav stack works fine in X-Plane.

Perhaps post some details and we may be able to sort it out.

Are you talking about using the Garmin 430 as navigation or talking about using the actual nav radio and setup the frequency for the ILS approach ?

Another DCL for X-Plane on Steam released.....Airport Lugano at 14.99 Euro, 25%  off

Another DCL for X-Plane on Steam released.....Airport Lugano at 14.99 Euro, 25%  off

Oh dear, I can just about understand having XP on Steam (exposure to more people), but DLC...?

When it's so easy to install manually what is the point?

Oh dear, I can just about understand having XP on Steam (exposure to more people), but DLC...?

Probably the biggest exposure your DLC will ever get ?

Probably the biggest exposure your DLC will ever get ?

Point taken, but from the consumer's perspective there's a whole world of add-ons and downloads available at the org and other sites once they have discovered X-Plane. The wonder of it all is that XP addons are so easy to install.

I just reinstalled Windows (10 tech preview) and apart from reactivating certain add-ons there was *no* other installation to do as My XP is held nicely in one directory tree on a separate drive, no nasty registry stuff to complicate matters. :)

Point taken, but from the consumer's perspective there's a whole world of add-ons and downloads available at the org and other sites once they have discovered X-Plane. The wonder of it all is that XP addons are so easy to install.

I just reinstalled Windows (10 tech preview) and apart from reactivating certain add-ons there was *no* other installation to do as My XP is held nicely in one directory tree on a separate drive, no nasty registry stuff to complicate matters. :)

Well it starts to get more effort once you loose a complete hdd. Then you need to download everything from .org. Steam is, so to speak, your fully managed backup folder. Updates are very easy and done automatically once you start steam the first time. Granted with scenery that doesnt happen that often but with with planes it is more often the case. If LM would support it they can even start saving settings on your personal steam cloud, then you would have a fully configured x-plane the moment you download it.

I suppose it's an individual thing, me personally I couldn't imagine X-plane without Steam, No disks, Automatic updates, 1 click install. As for DCL, it's a nice way to keep all your bits n bobs together.