Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

What would you like to see for XPX in 2015?

I second Tonywob's list.

ATC and AI seem on everyone's wish list but unfortunately LR proved to have them as the last issue on theirs. No improvement at all on 10.3 so I doubt we ever see a decent ATC.

If they don't fix ATC in XPX, there won't be a purchase of XPXI in this house. Good gawd does XPX suck. Really incompetent software writing. 

-Fully functioning AI traffic and ATC is another much-needed feature, but that would probably be a huge project that might have to wait for X-Plane 11.

I won't pay for 11 if they don't fix ATC in 10. XPX is little more than a bad joke. 

My guess is the best bet for good ATC will come from a third party developer. I don't think I ever used the built in ATC for FS9/FSX/P3D but there were good addon programs for ATC. This will probably require the same thing.

NAX669.png

Radar Contact v4 for FSX was the best I found.  Sadly, the aftermarket for ATC-specific software is probably not strong enough to make a profit for coders.

Lemme "stir the puddin" a bit:

A GUI in ENGLISH for gawd's sake.

We're not engineers ! ! ! !   It's near impossible to set up a simple yoke with this KLUDGE of a program.

Wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one Austin fills up first.

Lemme "stir the puddin" a bit:

A GUI in ENGLISH for gawd's sake.

We're not engineers ! ! ! !   It's near impossible to set up a simple yoke with this KLUDGE of a program.

Wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one Austin fills up first.

Lets get this straight. The GUI is WONDERFUL!!!! (I'm told this all the time when I mention it)   :huh:  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm not a rocket scientist by any means. I didn't have a problem with it. I am a 25+ year simmer though, so I might have a head start.

NAX669.png

Wow I find it easier to set up joysticks and yokes in XP than in FSX.

Set the control axes, calibrate, then set button assignments.

http://www.x-plane.com/?article=configuring-flight-controls

http://www.x-plane.com/?article=my-joystick-or-yoke-isnt-working

Agreed there is some advanced stuff on certain menus but that allows more control over certain functions. If you ignore that and stick to the basics it is quite straightforward. Coming from FSX does require a little orientation I grant you.

Seasonal texture variations.

That's honestly the main thing stopping me from getting XP.

- Missing seasons

- ATC

- AI traffic

- Addons

- UI

Those are "show stoppers" for me in XP.

Mikael Leinonen

- Missing seasons

- ATC

- AI traffic

- Addons

- UI

Those are "show stoppers" for me in XP.

While the seasons would be nice, not a huge deal.

ATC will have to be resolved by a third party. For now, I'm my own controller.

AI traffic- Huge. nothing worse than being at an international airport with no other traffic.

Addons- they're coming slowly but surely. There is also some very nice freeware.

UI- Hasn't been a big issue for me. It's different but you'll adapt.

The visibility bug at altitude can be annoying. If you fly low and slow, it's not an issue. 

NAX669.png

Seasonal texture variations.

That's honestly the main thing stopping me from getting XP.

John Maxx (Skymaxx developer) is working on a package of seasonal textures so hopefully you won't have to wait long.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Firstly they need to update the airport database. There are so many airports not listed.  I check with Wiki , e.g. Quebec has some missing.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Firstly they need to update the airport database. There are so many airports not listed.  I check with Wiki , e.g. Quebec has some missing.

Well, you know, "they" do not do much with the database, but its you the users, who can freely improve it (the "community" approach) ... Thtas what X-Plane Gateway is there for :wink: :

There are many users contributing there ... but if there is no one working on your region, then it might take some time before something changes / improves there.

Well, you know, "they" do not do much with the database, but its you the users, who can freely improve it (the "community" approach) ... Thtas what X-Plane Gateway is there for :wink: :

There are many users contributing there ... but if there is no one working on your region, then it might take some time before something changes / improves there.

Hey no.

I honestly feel it's there job and not the community, I am not even talking about the whole airports but just that when I type VAJJ I should get Juhu with at least the airstrips simple. 

At least get me an updated apt.dat  that's fine.

As to the scenery I have not complains at all.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

And of course you can always contribute your fair share by learning how to use the tools and add your own local airport.......

There are - what - 33,000 airports in the database?  I wonder how long it would take programmers to find each and every one via Google earth, put control towers in the proper locations, add hangers, FBO buildings, fences, and other features, set up exclusion zones, taxi signs, jetways, etc.  Let me do the math:

2 airports per day (assuming an average of 4 hours each) = 16,500 days @ 360 days per year (must give them 5 days off for vacations) = about 46 programmer years to complete the database.  Sounds reasonable to me ... :lol: