Sign in to follow this  
Aviators

Prepar3D v2.5 Development Update

Does that potentially mean we could set up multiple VC views on different monitors for a wider FOV without the performance penalty that might normally be expected?

I think this is the answer to the multi-monitor distortions we see.  The games that do fix this problem take the approach of multiple cameras, one for each monitor, off of a single view.   Alsetta Corsa is a good example of this.

I used to have a better link explaining this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147250-Eyfinity-triple-screen-setup-support

Update: that link I was looking for is gone now, domain gone

What's it concomitantly with?

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/concomitant

Concomitant is one of those Latin-based words you can break down into little pieces: con means with, and comit means companion. So something that is concomitant is like the companion of the main event. If you start training really hard at the gym, the main effect is that you become stronger, but there are concomitant effects, like better circulation, or a rosy glow, or getting happy from all those endorphins you’re releasing.

Let's hope 2.5 is concomitant with a new nVidia driver that fixes the PAPI lights  :lol:

...and a concomitant terrain shadow/cloud shadow fix  :ph34r:

LOL

terrain shadow/cloud shadow fix

Already fixed ... gotta keep up with these posts (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460652-p3d-v25-beta-2-terrain-shadows-fixed/).  nVidia don't operate to LM's schedule ... PAPI light fix you just need to go back a few versions of drivers (I'm running 337.88)

Here is another fixed item ... engine wash effect ... (some reported this a perpendicular contrails from the aircraft center ... it was actually a bug in engine wash effect).  It's not perfect, but I'm sure 3rd party can extend this (REX, precipitFX, etc.) but at least it's there and working now.

LM have also fixed an issue with Orbx brightness issue for distant objects (i.e. bright cranes in KOAK) -- don't have that build yet, but will confirm when it's made available.

Cheers, Rob.

Guest tymk

Great news, Rob, thanks! :BigGrin:

Now I know it's a long shot, but has there been any talk regarding support for advanced third-party windsocks? AFAIK the portion of legacy code that made these work in FSX was removed, and there's nothing to replace it. I've been pestering Orbx about that for some time, but unless there's a replacement "global" functionality, they'd have to include a separate ObjectFlow script for each airport to get working windsocks back... The same applies to TFX, OZx and probably other products...

Tym

This is shaping up to be a great update.

Thanks for all the work you're doing, Rob.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

Windsocks work "as is" with default P3D airports and I've seen them working on 3rd party airports, thought I saw them working on some Orbx airports too ... tested that some time ago with 2.3 Beta .... in this video ... 

LM will not bring back legacy code if it's going to cause any performance issues.  Probably want to hit Orbx up with your question if windsocks at their airports are still not working for you.

Cheers, Rob.

Here is another fixed item ... engine wash effect ... (some reported this a perpendicular contrails from the aircraft center ... it was actually a bug in engine wash effect).  It's not perfect, but I'm sure 3rd party can extend this (REX, precipitFX, etc.) but at least it's there and working now.

Would this fix the dispersion on crop dusters as well? 

Thanks Rob!

Aaron

Looks good, Rob. It sure is nice to see a few of the niggling bugs getting fixed. I'm actually looking forward to installing v2.5. Q400 flights over the PNW are going be awesome.

Craig.

Custom windsocks are a problem with SIM720 airports aswell in P3D, and I am sure there are others. I have also seen the UK2000 windsocks spinning on the spot extremely fast (and occasionally radars for that matter).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Let's hope 2.5 is concomitant with a new nVidia driver that fixes the PAPI lights :lol:

...and a concomitant terrain shadow/cloud shadow fix :ph34r:

Or better??

Let's hope 2.5 is concomitant with has a new nVidia driver that fixes the PAPI lights :lol:

...and a concomitant terrain shadow/cloud shadow fix :ph34r:

What's it concomitantly with?

Why "faster CPUs and GPUs" of course! Do try to keep up old chap... :Big Grin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rob, is the 'cutt-off' water wash effect also fixed for float planes?

Twotter%20contrails1.JPG

Twotter%20contrails2.JPG

If not, can you bring it to their attention?

It seems related to the aircraft bobbing on the waves...

I am really excited about this year for P3D.  As far as I can tell, DX12 is going to fix the stutter problem for P3D DX11.   DX11 calls will be going through new lower level DX12 code, the rewrite which has been needed for a decade now (which MS is hiding as a feature in DX12, but was really a broken in Windows with muticore systems, and should be with WIndows ... this is also going to get MS it's stride back with smaller devices competing with android, linux always had it right, one of the reasons why they feel smoother ... Ios as well, afaik, but I just don't even bother looking at their stuff).Since the Windows 10 preview and DX12 is in it now, all we are waiting for is NVidia to chime in with a DX12 driver.   I will be making a dual boot for this soon. 

Beta 3, bridge extrusions fixed once and for all.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, I could be wrong but those bridges in your vid appear as scenery objects to me, belonging to Orbx. The extrusion bridges (showing the artifact) are handled differently (by extrusions.spb in the Autogen folder). Now I know New York (around Manhattan) concomitantly shows lots of them extrusion bridges. :)

Regards,