Sign in to follow this  
Aviators

Prepar3D v2.5 Development Update

I do plan to enter the "commercial" market when a P3D 64bit product is released and there is an SDK available. Until then I listen, watch, and learn.

Rob....Please tell me that you are going to do a better ATC program for P3D!!!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Please tell me that you are going to do a better ATC program for P3D!

My first project would NOT be something that difficult ... an ATC project is not something I could do alone.  Besides there are ATC products that exist today which already have a huge head start and going into competition with them for such a small market wouldn't be a wise business decision.

My first product would be something that just about everyone would want, it would be priced relatively cheap (think $5) so as to gauge market size.

Cheers, Rob.

Sounds like you already have a good idea what it will be Rob! ;) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Rob, do you take pre-orders?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

My first product would be something that just about everyone would want, it would be priced relatively cheap (think $5) so as to "gauge" market size.

Cheers, Rob.

Hint hint? Ahh... Speedometer!

My first product would be something that just about everyone would want, it would be priced relatively cheap (think $5) so as to gauge market size.

Cheers, Rob.

Love the way he used the word "gauge"  ! :Whistle:

WAT1460.png

Yes "gauge", 0 - 4 Million ... I hope the tank gets above Empty.

Cheers, Rob.

You lost me? 

With this setting enabled in v2.5 I can cycle views and they WILL NOT be blurry (I don't have to wait for them to resolve textures).  I must not be communicating well, sounds like I need to do a video showing the difference :)

Cheers, Rob.

I'm just telling you what the entry does in 2.4 for me. Without it, when I change views, P3d loads all the high resolution ground textures and autogen with a small delay, but its not instantaneous. With it included, P3d does not load any high resolution textures at all, no matter how long that I wait for it to "catch up".

My first project would NOT be something that difficult ... an ATC project is not something I could do alone.

I know it! You will able to do rain on windshield!! :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy:

:wub:  *I said nothing*

No, he'll provide a transparent ATC gauge. I'd certainly pay 5 $ for it.

Regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

You just need to try the JS41!

yes, that´s fine

->> but this would be a veeeeery nice feature also for A320, B737, B777, Dash8-400...............and every other P3D V2 plane and by the way in the year 2015 -> "a must have" for a simulation -> and would increase the immersion dramatically (windshield rain, snow and ice effects, including the ground effects)  :wub:  :wub:  :im Not Worthy:  :im Not Worthy:  :im Not Worthy:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

+1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

My first project would NOT be something that difficult ... an ATC project is not something I could do alone.  Besides there are ATC products that exist today which already have a huge head start and going into competition with them for such a small market wouldn't be a wise business decision.

Cheers, Rob.

That s really cool Rob. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the project when you are ready to go public with it. I'm also a developer. I've been working more on smartphone apps and AR, but I've been working with the latest Prepar3D SDK to make a Kinect v2 add-on. I posted a super rough version up in the Prepar3D forums. Since then I've been trying to smooth out the incredibly noisey head data that comes from the Kinect. The SDK and PDK are nice to work with. Have you used the current SDK much?

I do plan to enter the "commercial" market when a P3D 64bit product is released and there is an SDK available.

Restating this ... 64bit being the key.

Have you used the current SDK much?

I've used it "some" - but not  the PDK.  There are definitely some things in the SDK that don't work as advertised and cumbersome to use.  Discovery is a rather lengthy process of trial and error and any clues I pick up from others along the way.

No, he'll provide a transparent ATC gauge.

I'm surprised at how many folks want that ... but I listen, read, try, watch, learn.

Cheers, Rob