Sign in to follow this  

And let the PC build begin ...

Hi there,

Looks like an excellent build you have going! 

Hope you have time in the future to show off some video's or screenshots of the performance in P3D. 

Cheers,

Sante Sottile

Hope you have time in the future to show off some video's or screenshots of the performance in P3D.

Certainly, now that it seems Umberto got the Add-On manager working with v2.5 ... I'll be able to add in some nice airports.

Cheers, Rob.

quick question Rob
with all this USB mess you had
did you leave an avilable port for this?

for monitor think Oculus Rift

Hah!  I would need to find an available room ... currently my wife is consuming all our spare rooms with her designer clothing hobby (I lost count after 5 sewing machines and 3 huge cutting/design tables).  I got the garage and my little office ... it's ok, it's her turn now, I got my 14 years or auto racing in :)

But I would certainly enjoy adding something like that ... guess it's time to buy a bigger house?  Maybe in a state that has water. :(

Cheers, Rob.

ooh well... a bigger house; that makes us even on the build bill :lol:

got the boating itch?

what you had in mind for more water state; FL?

I have encountered a problem. It appears that the Corsair 110I GT 280 will not mount in the Cooler Master HAF X 942 case. Screw holes don't line up, not even close.

Is there an after market kit that will enable the 110I to be mounter in the case? It is always something.

Well I did a compatibility check at the Cooler Master site. It appears that there is no out of the box cooler that is compatible with the HAF X.

I think a glass of Johnnie Walker Double Black is in order, maybe 2 glasses.

Russ Smith

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

It appears that there is no out of the box cooler that is compatible with the HAF X

Odd, my EK Kit was - even lists the HAF X as being compatible ... didn't need to drill any holes for the radiator and fans (see my pics).  Only thing I need to drill holes for were pump mounting and reservoir mounting.

I'm surprised the Corsair 110i didn't work ... I have that unit in my now old PC and it bolted right up (old PC is a HAF 932)

Cheers, Rob.

But I would certainly enjoy adding something like that ... guess it's time to buy a bigger house? Maybe in a state that has water. :(

Rob,

I hear ya. I'm in Sausalito, right across the Bay from you. This CA H2O thing is getting critical as you know.  Oregon or bust for me. Anyway, following your build. Learning a lot by reading this thread. thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Brian

Rob, what about a USB 2.0 PCIe card

Thanks Gordon ... the very USB 2.0 PCIe card you linked did the trick.  All my USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices are living in harmony.  But for those looking to use the Asus Rampage V extreme, you may want to take not at the USB device limit ... fortunately the USB 2.0 PCIe card was a cheap fix.

Some pic, all USB devices working and GoFlight is a Go.

40491d37db98fe6fd920a0f7c0ca31b9.jpg

99706cc533a91a6678760bf7e0730832.jpg

45b0c47e27c2695244f557ab41c4f0a3.jpg

510299c05d4687b8eccddf4f0c60c0f6.jpg

065cace821ef60bb29fba23ec1723c91.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

WOW!

Russ Smith

I've never seen so many USB devices lol. Great job on keeping it organized.  B)

cheers,

Sante Sottile

OMG !!!

I dont think I will have any issues with the Rampage V Extreme when it finally arrives as I only have 10 USB devices plus an 11th which is my Roland Keyboard, We shall see lol

Got my fingers crossed now, we should rename you to the USbe king  :)

I dont think I will have any issues with the Rampage V Extreme when it finally arrives as I only have 10 USB devices plus an 11th which is my Roland Keyboard, We shall see lol

I capped out at 14 USB devices on the Rampage V Extreme "as is" ... adding the PCIe card, I'm at about 30 devices (most are GoFlight modules).

The limit is 255 USB 2.0 devices, but I don't know if that's per controller or an OS limit (I'm thinking per controller).  The Cockpit builders would probably have a better handle on the limits.

Cheers, Rob. 

I think I figured out a way to mount the Corsair H110I in the Cooler Master HAF X.

Need to go to the local hobby shop to pick up some brass plates to make a mounting bracket.

Russ Smith