Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

I must admit, it don´t work very well on my side. There are so many issues that i struggle completly.

Examples are:

I disabled the autogen approaches, nevertheless AIController  records the approaches though and use them.

Out of 10 approaches only 1 uses my custom final approach (and has to GA because under control of P3D the seperation failed)

I watched at several airports (EDDL Aerosoft, EDDF v8 freeware of Marc Aldridge, ETAR, WIP by me)... ETAR gets no SID´s at all,

none of them handover the taxi control to AIController (i noticed a single case as that happend in EDDF, but finally the control was displayed as "FSX".

As you (Roland) wrote, it´s not needed anymore that the AI passes the IAF to get the runway, i obviously misunderstood.

Like in the 1.3 the AI still wandering over the Airport to catch the IAF (also commented in the Monitor). Also the IAF will be recorded.

What does it mean? Will you build a database for IAF areas which will make it obsolete one day to search the IAF? This would make sense as soon as it would be possible to share the data between all users.

At the other hand, like I understood it, i thought it´s possible to ignore the IAF completly because they frequently are out of the way of the STAR´s.

The missassignement of the STAR´s i already mention. The re-assignement do not work either,

I checked the settings and the .ini files, they should be ok.

There´s a lot of work left...

I disabled the autogen approaches

What do you mean you disabled the autogen approaches?  Did you turn off the enhanced mode?  The will turn autogen ON and the program will function like ver. 1.3B.

I watched at several airports (EDDL Aerosoft, EDDF v8 freeware of Marc Aldridge, ETAR, WIP by me)... ETAR gets no SID´s at all,
none of them handover the taxi control to AIController (i noticed a single case as that happend in EDDF, but finally the control was displayed as "FSX".

As you (Roland) wrote, it´s not needed anymore that the AI passes the IAF to get the runway, i obviously misunderstood.

Yes, that's right...it was all a big joke and ver. 1.4 really does need to intercept the IAF(s) (sarcasm).

I think pretty clearly you turned enhanced mode off and are now complaining to me that enhanced mode doesn't work.

-Roland

thanks to Rob and JSkorna and others and especially Roland I have a new addiction.......

Got it working by changing language to English as Rob advised in this forum.

Knipsel2_g5dx9b.pngI am slowly exploring the program, but it is amazing what Roland has achieved!!!

Still have some minor questions;

In AI  monitor it says control status FSX, does this mean fsx ATC is still in control, according AI controller not.

What would you advice with UT2, navdata jet routes?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

As for the controller, I was on CYUL, but did not yet applied this in IAcontroller. Now working, with Ut2.

Anyone know how to disable P3D air traffic control, or is this not necessary? It is stated in the manual, but I think is only for the sound.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

When I try to change the Altitude of freezing the ground traffic (Final Approach option) to 0, I get an immediate BSOD. That's a bit drastic, IMHO  :lol:

Tested it several times...

but I think is only for the sound.

That is correct.

Matias looked into this earlier. If I remember correctly, he found that the main issue was with AI arriving at a monitored airport, departing AI seemed ok.

On a positive note, the arriving AI injected by VOXATC doesn't have destination data assigned to it, so AIController can't control this AI and thus doesn't interfere with whatever VOXATC is trying to do with its AI.

On a negative note (just regarding the interaction of the two programs, not VOXATC), the VOXATC-controlled AI and the AIController-controlled AI will not coordinate with each other when arriving at a monitored airport. A lower traffic densities, it might not be a big deal. At higher densities, I guess it depends on what the individual user finds tolerable.

-Roland

Thanks all for the feedback. When using VOXATC all AI will be handled by it - in my setup - so none would be controlled by AIController then I guess. Guess I have to try and see how it goes. Would love if in future VOXATC-ish ATC would assign SID/STAR to AI based on conditions and route and then AIController would make them taxi out and fly it as assigned. :rolleyes:

Daniel

Still with msvcr120.dll error missing file after reinstalling latest version of 

AIController and change the directory to C:\ root.

Any other tip? Thank you.

In EDDF all landing aircraft come in too high and never touch down on the runway, but way beyond. Does anyone know what parameter affects that?

Cheers

In EDDF all landing aircraft come in too high and never touch down on the runway, but way beyond. Does anyone know what parameter affects that?

Cheers

Same at me; I observed a while at EDDL. If "Enhanced Mode" is enabled, and AIController takes control, AIMonitor reports them on final approach and landing, but mostly they miss the final approach path. I could see only two (of about ten approaches) landing. One landing was well, but the other was beside the runway. Also don't know, how to solve that.

Still with msvcr120.dll error missing file after reinstalling latest version of 

AIController and change the directory to C:\ root.

Any other tip? Thank you.

Are you using any SIDSTARConverter created paths?  I ask because there's been a bug identified in AIController (not SIDSTARConverter) where special characters in the geographic paths created by SIDSTARConverter cause AIController to crash.

Is that the default scenery? Also, any particular runway or all of them?  Checking now....

When I try to change the Altitude of freezing the ground traffic (Final Approach option) to 0, I get an immediate BSOD.

I'm not seeing that Nizar, I'll keep trying to reproduce it.  As a work-around, you can enter a high number (e.g., 10000) which will essentially have the same effect.  Does a non-zero number cause a BSOD?  Can you change other option values without causing a BSOD?

-Roland

Same at me; I observed a while at EDDL

Was it default scenery and any particular runway (or all of them)?  Checking now....

-Roland

Roland,

I still convert PMDG files manually. I do not use the converter.

Thank you for all effort and specially for your great program. 

Has anyone done any SIDS/STARS conversions for the following airports that they would like to share. Thanks in advance

KMCO

KDEN

KLAS

KIAD

KIAH

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

I have them all but with older NavGraph data because I don't care if they match up to any sort of chart. Let's use: jimskorna(AT)gmail.com

I still convert PMDG files manually. I do not use the converter.

Thank you for all effort and specially for your great program. 

That could simplify trouble-shooting.  Send me some of your manually converted files to the email address in the readme.pdf and I can load them and I should be able to find out exactly what is causing the crash. You might want to set verbose=1 and debug=1 in the .ini file, save, then load AIController directly.  That might indicate what file is causing AIController to crash, then make sure that is one of the files you email me.

-Roland

I took a look at this.  

Stock EDDF:  Stock EDDF doesn't have runways 7L/25R.  However, the latest nav data includes these runways.  So if you run AIController with SID/STAR/Approaches for runways 7L/25R (based on the latest nav data) on the stock EDDF, there will be problems.  If you're running stock EDDF, delete the SID/STAR/Approaches for runways 7L/25R.  

Freeware EDDF:  I also took a look at Mark Aldridge's freeware Frankfurt scenery (just in case you're running that).  Very good scenery, but runway 18/36 has a broken runway link, which causes this runway to be unavailable in AIController for landings.  Thus, all AI will land under the control of FSX if that is the active landing runway.

Payware EDDF:  I don't have any EDDF payware sceneries to test (in case you have one installed).

-Roland