Sign in to follow this  
archaic58

NGX and P3D v2.5

Sounds like your PC is a pile of dirt!

As long as your have a good PC and everything is set up sell.

You will not get "constant CTD of P3d" or any at all. FSX can run well with very few crashers.

P3D is far ahead FSX in terms of looks, lighting. With the PMDG 777/NGX and P3D 2.5, for the first time in the life of FSX, i have no use for it anymore.

If you don't have a well up to date PC then FSX might be a better place to be.

FSX= A classic sim,

P3D= The New shiny version of a classic sim that will only get better as time goes on.

P3D is the future and given time will be the only sim of choise. FSX has entered its retirement age. P3D feels like its a 21 year old with a bright future ahead.

It's just an analogy. I didn't mean to offend people.

I never blamed P3d for the ctd did I. My computer was due for a format but I was trying to delay the inevitable.

if you enjoy P3D great I'm enjoying it also but it's still FSX with fixes and enhancements.

I've bought both the 777 and 737 for P3D so yes I understand as people love to say "FSX is a dead platform"

People really need to relax. It's just a computer simulation it's not the end of the world if people don't agree with your preference.

Everybody should be happy because the 3rd party developers are still creating for all sims so everybody should be happy. I am!

Sean Green

Capt. McGill, RJ USN Retired "Woogie"

What is your professional (retired) opinion on, how you find the PMDG NG?

Would be nice to hear.

1 word AWESOME! I love it man. It runs smooth and I don't look at frames that much. I look for jitters and to my eye none. Gate to Gate smooth as butter. I am putting more and more time on it now and every time I try and extend the flight out. So far I can't complain about a thing. When I can you will hear from me. But not yet.

Capt. McGill, RJ USN Retired "Woogie"

Just remember something... P3D is still FSX!! It is just slightly more evolved (emphasis on slightly).

With a statement like that, one of  2 things must be true. 1) you are a troll. 2) you have no idea what you are talking about. I'll warn you beforehand, I'm not entertaining any discussion about "what exactly is so different." You can do your own homework as I suggest others who read this also do.

James McLees

but it's a fact that P3D is ESP

Kyle I'm happy to see that you're doing well and I think that you're a great asset to PMDG, to AVSIM and to the flight sim community. You're video has been viewed over 40,000 times, incredible. I do however feel that your dismissing too easily the thousands upon thousands of man hours and hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in P3D since it "was" ESP. We are now in the eleventh iteration of P3D since it began. We're talking about what would be FS12.5 here were it still in the hands of Microsoft. Again, great work here Kyle, I mean it.

James McLees

Kyle I'm happy to see that you're doing well and I think that you're a great asset to PMDG, to AVSIM and to the flight sim community. You're video has been viewed over 40,000 times, incredible. I do however feel that your dismissing too easily the thousands upon thousands of man hours and hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in P3D since it "was" ESP. We are now in the eleventh iteration of P3D since it began. We're talking about what would be FS12.5 here were it still in the hands of Microsoft. Again, great work here Kyle, I mean it.

Hey James,

I don't recall dismissing it, honestly. If you look at my posts around here, I'm usually praising the platform. I wouldn't claim anyone is trying to take shots at something simply for acknowledging where it comes from. My point was that ESP was a commercial platform, aimed at a particular group. This is a fact. P3D, as a development of ESP is aimed at a particular group. This is also a fact (see quote below). This group may or may not involve the group that uses FSX.

Think about it:

If I was trying to acknowledge that the 737 came from its original -100/200 iteration, it doesn't mean that it hasn't been developed into a great aircraft over time. It's a great aircraft, and, despite its roots as a turbojet fuel guzzler, over time, it's really been developed into a great aircraft.

...but it was still developed from the -100/200. 

The Microsoft ESP IP licensing agreement builds on the existing Microsoft/Lockheed Martin Strategic Alliance to bring meaningful information technology services and products to market and continue to fuel innovation. It is also an example of Microsoft’s broader efforts to collaborate with industry through IP licensing.

Microsoft ESP is a visual simulation software development platform that brings immersive games-based technology to training and decision support for commercial, government and education organizations.

Source - Microsoft: http://news.microsoft.com/2009/11/30/lockheed-martin-microsoft-agreement-to-bring-better-training-to-warfighters/

Kyle Rodgers

I got a 4790k and radeon R9 270x (two 2400 Mhz memories) and water cooler... My FPS with the NGX on P3D is around 25-32... Not bad, but I hope P3d 3.x and 64 bits to get lighter, but probably I'm wrong...

Think about it:

If I was trying to acknowledge that the 737 came from its original -100/200 iteration, it doesn't mean that it hasn't been developed into a great aircraft over time. It's a great aircraft, and, despite its roots as a turbojet fuel guzzler, over time, it's really been developed into a great aircraft.

...but it was still developed from the -100/200.
No worries Kyle, I see what you mean. Keep up the good work!

James McLees

No worries Kyle, I see what you mean. Keep up the good work!

Glad we're on the same page! Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

And I see something that looks like fs98. It would have to look significantly...like a LOT...before I'd move from fs9. Sad but true.
I guess one really has to experience it for oneself. Once I loaded up the Cub at Tipella, CBB7. I swear to you, I thought for a moment that I "felt" the cold.

James McLees

Have to laugh when I read posts talking about how FSX beats P3D.  Guess people that think that must be living in some kind of parallel universe, because after decades of fighting with MSFS products, from CTD's to blue screens of death,  P3D is like a dream come true. In my opinion, if P3D doesn't run well on your system, either your system is junk and should be upgraded to something decent, or  you have probably loaded the sim up with unnecessary add ons that would choke any program.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have 4790K and GTX 780, performance in P3D is still crap! I wish people would stop misleading others on P3D FSX comparisons.

Performance is only slightly improved.

I don't think it warrants you spending money on it. I wish I didn't. I fly the NGX around Australia with ORBX sceneries. All the tick boxes are deselected, no traffic at all, ASN + REX4. I get 20-25 at the gate in P3D v2.5 with the NGX Pre-flight complete... that's the same I'd get in FSX. The NGX also feels notchy, even when frames are high (30-40). It's not the NGX, it's P3D. P3D is crap!

Just remember something... P3D is still FSX!! It is just slightly more evolved (emphasis on slightly).

Brian Nellis

As some might know, I have rigorously scrutinised (see the quote above) the P3D v2.5 platform in the past. I don't regret that, and don't apologise for it. I think my comments were fair.

That said, I've purchased P3D v3 and now all I can say is that I'll be shifting across to the P3D platform permanently. P3D v3 is a game changer for me. I still get the blurry VC when zoomed out, and I still get the jagged edged shadows... but apart from these two things, and to a lesser extent the lack of availability of 3rd party add ons at the moment, it really feels and looks more immersive than FSX. It feels like significant improvements have been made, and it looks that way too.

Sorry to drag a very old topic up <Kyle>, but I thought in fairness to the guys at LM who have made great inroads for our hobby, that their work on P3D v3 be recognised in the same thread where I'd previously scrutinised P3D v2.5.

Brian Nellis

Sorry to drag a very old topic up <Kyle>, but I thought in fairness to the guys at LM who have made great inroads for our hobby, that their work on P3D v3 be recognised in the same thread where I'd previously scrutinised P3D v2.5.

I don't always leave necroposts, but when I do, it's because someone posted with a vague amount of snark aimed across my bow...

dosequis.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

I knew I should've put one of those cheesy smileys in my post, thus indicating a tone of cheekiness to my snark comment ;) no offence was intended Kyle, I promise.

Brian Nellis

I knew I should've put one of those cheesy smileys in my post, thus indicating a tone of cheekiness to my snark comment ;) no offence was intended Kyle, I promise.

haha - none was taken. I had assumed it was just a tip of the hat to knowing what I might say, and snark in jest. No worries. I actually got a laugh out of it, which is why I added the image somewhat jokingly back.

Kyle Rodgers

That said, I've purchased P3D v3 and now all I can say is that I'll be shifting across to the P3D platform permanently. P3D v3 is a game changer for me. I still get the blurry VC when zoomed out, and I still get the jagged edged shadows... but apart from these two things, and to a lesser extent the lack of availability of 3rd party add ons at the moment, it really feels and looks more immersive than FSX. It feels like significant improvements have been made, and it looks that way too.

Has anyone been able to get the PMDG 737 NGX working in P3Dv3? I bought the FSX version only a year ago, got it running in P3D v2.5 but it won't work in v3, telling me it's a FSX version.  I think it's quite ridiculous to pay another $90 for the same plane with no significant changes at all.