Sign in to follow this  
archaic58

NGX and P3D v2.5

To be honest. I don't see the point in all those FSX vs. P3D discussions. Enjoy whatever sim you use but stop coming to forums trying to tell everybody another platform is not worth it. If it's not worth for you then keep that opinion for yourself. Some people just enter every thread on AVSIM trying to tell others what not to do. You should rather spend the time flying the lovely NGX or whatever plane you like...

You don't need to force people to try P3D.

But you should also stop telling others that P3D is not worth it. That's your opinion.

Carlo Kraemer

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I never said its not worth it :) I only said it works for some people but not everyone.

Just remember people have opinions and if they are happy with FSX and its visuals, the way it runs etc, then leave it. You don't need to force people to try P3D. It works for your. It might not work for them. Not to mention the financial side of moving to P3D. It's not a cheap switch like FSX to FSX SE.

How to you get to the point am forcing people to try P3D.

There is nothing wrong with the way FSX runs. I even point out that if you don't have a new PC that FSX is perhaps the better way to go.

Forcing people to P3D?  behave yourself....

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

"Sounds like your PC is a pile of dirt!

As long as your have a good PC and everything is set up sell.

You will not get "constant CTD of P3d" or any at all."

"P3D is far ahead FSX in terms of looks, lighting."

Forcing is maybe too strong of word. However, you are certainly "pressuring". Just relax. It's no big deal what sim people use. Your last post just came across as a bit pushy that's all. His system is definitely not a pile of dirt. Perhaps I'm being too touchy.

No am not pressing at all.

Read the post i was replying to

To me I think of it like this:

FSX = Pile of Dirt

FSX-SE = Pile of Dirt in a Pot

P3D = Pile of Dirt in a Pot with a Flower Planted.

In the end its still just a pile of dirt.

and he also says p3D is crashing all the time

Forcing is maybe too strong of word. However, you are certainly "pressuring". Just relax.

"Too strong" lol just a bit and so is "pressuring", I don't give a moneys what sim people run I just don't like ill informed posts  making out P3D crashers all the time or fsx for that matter.

Don't select quote me out of contexts of the full reply.

His system is definitely not a pile of dirt. Perhaps I'm being too touchy.

Well if fsx and P3D are crashing all the time there something wrong big time.

"too touchy" no your jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Shall we move on now?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have P3D V2 Professional and have had zero problems so far. The 737 is great in it. I run three nVidia 760's on a Sabertooth Mother board with 32gb of ram. I love it. Thanks to PMDG FSX is history. My processor is Intel®Corei7-4770k @ 3.5GHz. Am buying a cooler unit from amazon to boost to 4.0 GHZ. The SSD's are the trick. P3D has its own Drive. I now have 5 SSD's in this box and it works like a champ. No Tweaks, No Gimmics just raw power. The only thing I have added to the box is 5 Fans and a controller. With added cooling for CPU I am finished. I might add most of the setting are maxed out. Three 32" monitors and presto, instant satisfaction. So far I haven't had a single crash. Good luck to the user with bad performance. Hope you get it lined out. The way I see it, it is to each his own. Spend your money how you see fit. I fought for this nation to allow us to have our own opinion and the right to free speech. For that matter the rest of the Constitution as well. That is what makes us great.

Capt. McGill, RJ USN Retired "Woogie"

Capt. McGill, RJ USN Retired "Woogie"

What is your professional (retired) opinion on, how you find the PMDG NG?

Would be nice to hear.

Personally I don't see any reason to change to P3D. I'm very happy with what I get from FSX, and that's all I need.

Well it seems like there is pretty different opinions on this and it might come down to user experience,

I have left FSX for good yesterday and i am in heaven . The smooth experience is like day and night for me in P3D.

FPS is 20-25 fps(EGLL-EKCH with 3 undocked displays to a second monitor and one FMC) and between 30-40fps in cruize  but i just stopped looking at it.

For 6 years i have looked at that FPS counter but P3D do give me a brake.

It is amazing in my own opinion

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I left FSX in the dust, P3D was best decision I ever made. Its too bad that some of the simmers aint getting the best performance from P3D, I feel your pain. The bottom line is, to get the best result from any software downloaded to your PC, your PC needs to be in top shape, hardware wise, maint and so forth. There is alot of information here in the forums explain how to help you do just that. I hope you will get the best result you are looking for.

David Guillen

The bottom line is, to get the best result from any software downloaded to your PC, your PC needs to be in top shape, hardware wise, maint and so forth. There is alot of information here in the forums explain how to help you do just that.

I second that. And even though Prepar3d doesn't require the same amount of tweaking like FSX does, it still requires a certain understanding which settings will stress the system and which component is affected. There are so many novices to Prepar3d who jump on the train, crank all sliders to max and then come here to tell everybody that P3D doesn't cut it. Carefully selecting settings makes Prepar3d a stunning simulator even on systems which aren't top end anymore. But this requires some effort and time to set it up right (and I don't mean cfg tweaks). Setting everything to max or selecting the wrong combination of add-ons will certainly choke even top end systems.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Totally agree David G / Carlo

I am interested to know how was the VAS in P3D + NGX compared to the FSX (assuming the same Scenery and APTs are installed and same route was used in the past)

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

To be honest. I don't see the point in all those FSX vs. P3D discussions. Enjoy whatever sim you use but stop coming to forums trying to tell everybody another platform is not worth it. If it's not worth for you then keep that opinion for yourself. Some people just enter every thread on AVSIM trying to tell others what not to do. You should rather spend the time flying the lovely NGX or whatever plane you like...

But you should also stop telling others that P3D is not worth it. That's your opinion.

Carlo Kraemer

Nothing wrong with debate, how else could you make an informed decision ? Good to see the community alive.

This OP simply stated his satisfaction with the NGX product in Prapar3d, yet some of you decide to drag it in to a FSX vs P3D mud slinging match, LOL

Nothing wrong with debate, how else could you make an informed decision ? Good to see the community alive.

I agree that the debate is good. Probably not a bad idea for us to make our point as opposed to trying un-make someone else's. Now that it's on Steam, FSX is not going away; at least until it is replaced with something better. P3D (my only simulator), is being updated regularly. Two different streams. I think if anything, having competing sims will spur more innovation by the simulators' authors and third party vendors. Let's enjoy the ride and not let our noses get out of joint over opinions that vary from our own.

It is interesting and educational to get the 'why I like this' comments. That's positive.