Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Ask Nvidia to support us!

Yes..it would be nice if Nvidia cared. How about some freakin SLI support for the love of god.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

"The Flight Simulator community has been loyally pushing the edges of what your hardware can do for closing in on two decades now.  Prepar3d, the current flag holder of the Flight Simulator legacy, has a long tail of developers and enthusiasts that know your products inside and out.  The hard working developers at Lockheed Martin have ensured that P3D will regain the popularity - and possibly exceed that - of any previous Flight Simulator generation.  With and the hard work that P3D's community has committed to their hobby, from photoscenery, to hyper-accurate airport and aircraft models, to hyper-accurate weather depictions, merged with the hard work committed to the best 3d display technology by your company, it's beginning to be as realistic a depiction of anything ever run on your hardware, on a world scale, from a community that spans the world.  There is no other community of computer simulation enthusiasts as large, experienced, and culturally diverse, of any other kind anywhere.   If a new enthusiast asks, "what shall I buy to make this run right", it's an NVidia card that they need.  Please support our community as we have supported you along the years."

There is no other community of computer simulation enthusiasts as large, experienced, and culturally diverse, of any other kind anywhere.

Do you really think that Nvidia will be affected by words like that ? 

Done.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Do you really think that Nvidia will be affected by words like that ? 
 The key word is "large", AKA market base, and I think "experienced" means something too, AKA early adopters - we clear the way for the sales to those who follow our lead.  I would bet we are often among the first to christen their hardware.  I don't know about cultural diversity.

Fine words butter no parsnips. (Meaning all the words in the world mean nothing, only action counts!)

At the end of the day being nice and flattering them cant work any worse than abusing them for ignoring us :P Saying anything on the topic is better than staying quiet and sniping at others on AVSIM who are at least making an effort to raise awareness :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  The screetching wheel gets taken off and thrown away.

Interesting, I find that over 2,300 views have taken place on this thread as I read it this morning.   Now if we could just get all of them to submit to Nvidia we may have a chance. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Interesting, I find that over 2,300 views have taken place on this thread as I read it this morning.   Now if we could just get all of them to submit to Nvidia we may have a chance. 

I often see this. People post a thread and then they come up with 'hey! 700 people have viewed this and nobody replied! :( '

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. a lot of automated bots and crawlers frequent forums and when they index a thread, it counts as a view. Then you've got people who click on a thread in the background and close the tab before reading it. Again, counts as a view. Then you've got people who have already replied who look again at the thread (another view)....THEN...well, you get the picture ;)

2300 views doesn't mean 2300 people have viewed the thread, it doesn't work like that.

Edit: I don't mean to sound rude, sorry if I came across like that. It's just a friendly bit of info!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Here we go again! Still, no harm in trying, I suppose. You never know, perhaps this time something positive will come out of it.

It's hard to feel much enthusiasm for these recurring campaigns when we are faced with an ongoing deathly silence from NVIDIA. Perhaps, in tandem, we should be considering applying additional pressure to LM as really they should be shouldering some of the burden of responsibility for this unfortunate state of affairs.

There is little doubt that we have been let down badly without any explanation. Time and time again a profile with SLI optimisations has been promised and we are told that LM are working with NVIDIA. We have to accept this as fact yet we have no proof that this is indeed the case or that someone is actually being a little economical with the truth. Now, it may be that the technical hurdles are very challenging as Prepar3D is not to be compared with your average cutting edge gaming engine or perhaps LM's dogged insistence on running Prepar3D in pseudo full screen mode which, in addition to other stuff, now precludes the use of NVIDIA's new GSync, has something to do with it. Who knows?

Really, would it hurt for either LM or NVIDIA to come clean and tell us what's going on?

My gut tells me nothing is going to materialise until we see Prepar3D v3. I imagine major revisions of implementation are being envisaged and currently undergoing development. Perhaps then NVIDIA will surprise us all. Meantime, don't hold your breath where v2.x is concerned. I hope I am wrong, but my instincts are now telling me that it ain't gonna happen :(

Mike