Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

I enjoyed my 30 days with aivlasoft EFB but..

It's a great software. I really like the chart integration and the maps. I am not sure that I like it enough at the current pricing. It's the price of a quality third party plane. I've tried other flight planner and none of them resonated with me. (FScommander weird UI or EFASS constant crashing). There is no sid/stars in simbrief. The only one I haven't tried yet is PFPX. I don't think they have a demo. I like to try before buying. I've been burn in the past with 3rd party software that doesn't work well.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you want the best.

Then buy avilasoft efb for flight tracking map.

And pfpx for flightplaning.

I have PFPX and Avilasoft EFB and have never looked back at  that decision.

Steve.

Steve.

+1

Steve.

Agree. Perfect combination!

Make my flightplan in PFPX, load it In EFB and I can follow my flight, see the AI planes and have all the required charts for that route.

I wanna use my EFB again but I think it's overloading Simconnect and it is causing P3D to crash now.   I haven't tried it in a few months but I really miss it.  I use to have it running remotely on my laptop next to my main flight rig.    Incredibly useful, especially with online Vatsim flying.

Hmm, what did you want to hear?

EFB is great, I agree, also using it, and it's worth it's price. Not using PFPX.

There is no sid/stars in simbrief

Your want flight plans for the tubes? You cant use EFB for that unless you want some bizarre ineffective routing

Simbrief doesn't create sid/stars since you don't know what run way you will be using and that's where EFB comes in

Here is how you should be doing it.

1. choose your route

2, put that route intp pfpx or simbrief

3. export that route to EFB

4.Choose your SID/STAR from within  EFB

go fly

Not what I wanted to hear. 80$ CAD for EFB. It's a steep price.

Well, then you might like to know I didn't like EFB and have no need for it (who needs a moving map and fake charts?) and that it costs way too much imho. I did buy PFPX though and use it for all my airliner flights. Great planner. In the end it all depends on what YOU want and need... ;)

Well, then you might like to know I didn't like EFB and have no need for it (who needs a moving map and fake charts?) and that it costs way too much imho. I did buy PFPX though and use it for all my airliner flights. Great planner. In the end it all depends on what YOU want and need... ;)

Assuming your keeping it as real as it gets, why would you pay for PFPX ? Simbrief does the same for free since your entering real world routes into both of them.

Vroute > Cut > Paste > EFB > Save > Activate > Done

Wouldn't consider anything else at this point.

Mark

PS. Excellent flight map as well

Vroute > Cut > Paste > EFB > Save > Activate > Done

That's assuming a route already exists. I stopped using vRoute a while back as creating new routes was a bit of a pain. Haven't looked back with PFPX and EFB.

Assuming your keeping it as real as it gets, why would you pay for PFPX ? Simbrief does the same for free since your entering real world routes into both of them.

I only said what I like or need etc. and not that I keep things as real as it gets. ;) I never use real world routes. I really love how PFPX creates routes, how I can validate them, how PFPX picks the SID and STAR for me depending on the historic weather I always use, how it gives me correct weights and fuel, how the printed OFP looks, etc. I like to use real world charts because they show me the real data like trans alt, DH, and because they look different all over the world. What EFB offers me, I simply don't need. I don't like moving maps because it feels like cheating, haha, and I don't like fake charts, but that doesn't mean I do everything as real as it gets.

As I said, it depends on what you want and need. The OP has to decide himself if the program is worth the money.

I do enjoy the challenge of finding all the charts online (never not found one yet) and knitting a flight plan together. Granted, it all takes time and you have to plough through a lot of information. it has been known to take "quite some time" to gather all the information, but that for me is part of the fun. When a plan comes together, I find it very satisfying, specially when you fly it and it all works. This goes for deciding how much fuel to take. Yes, just like the car which beeps and flashes at me because it needs feeding, I've run on fumes more than once in my virtual plane.

If I were to opt for the more automated route, I'd probably go for the two items mentioned above. I must look into Simbrief for some RW routes as its cool to fly them and perhaps refly some to places I've visited. We all choose to do it to suit ourselves which is what makes it all so fascinating.

I just wish EFB wold work.   It has never worked right in Prepar3D ever since it went to the P3D platform with version 1.5.0.    It will crash with Exception areas or worse, it will CTD the simulator itself THEN crash itself.    Doesn't matter what plane I spawn in with and it does it at different times.  Sometimes it's instantly.  Other times I'll be in the climb or cruise and just... Prepar3D has stopped working.  You can close and EFB explodes right after.    This was one of my favorite programs and I am bummed I can't use it with my favorite simulation platform.  One of the suggested fixes is a no go which is to turn off AERO.   AERO is the reason my simulation runs smooth as glass now as it is required when flying in windowed mode.   If that is the only fix then I guess I lost my $80 bucks on something that will never work again.   Seems kind of lame that the Dev can't work around this exception error with a patch.   In the official forums such crashes are blamed on Simconnect exclusively.   I have all version of Simconnect installed on my system just to make sure all my add-ons have what they need to work.   If anyone got their EFB to work without turning off AERO I'd love to hear how.

I just wish EFB wold work.   It has never worked right in Prepar3D ever since it went to the P3D platform with version 1.5.0.    It will crash with Exception areas or worse, it will CTD the simulator itself THEN crash itself.    Doesn't matter what plane I spawn in with and it does it at different times.  Sometimes it's instantly.  Other times I'll be in the climb or cruise and just... Prepar3D has stopped working.  You can close and EFB explodes right after.    This was one of my favorite programs and I am bummed I can't use it with my favorite simulation platform.  One of the suggested fixes is a no go which is to turn off AERO.   AERO is the reason my simulation runs smooth as glass now as it is required when flying in windowed mode.   If that is the only fix then I guess I lost my $80 bucks on something that will never work again.   Seems kind of lame that the Dev can't work around this exception error with a patch.   In the official forums such crashes are blamed on Simconnect exclusively.   I have all version of Simconnect installed on my system just to make sure all my add-ons have what they need to work.   If anyone got their EFB to work without turning off AERO I'd love to hear how.

I believe they have version 1.5.1....working perfect..

I only said what I like or need etc. and not that I keep things as real as it gets. ;) I never use real world routes. I really love how PFPX creates routes, how I can validate them, how PFPX picks the SID and STAR for me depending on the historic weather I always use, how it gives me correct weights and fuel, how the printed OFP looks, etc. I like to use real world charts because they show me the real data like trans alt, DH, and because they look different all over the world. What EFB offers me, I simply don't need. I don't like moving maps because it feels like cheating, haha, and I don't like fake charts, but that doesn't mean I do everything as real as it gets.

As I said, it depends on what you want and need. The OP has to decide himself if the program is worth the money.

Sorry my bad, I see yes of course in that case I think PFpX is the only one that can create validated routes!

I think the ultimate system would be having Navigrah chart subscriptions, PFpX and EFB but a bit pricey

I believe they have version 1.5.1....working perfect..

Already tried it out today and it still trashed the simulator.   I don't know what I have going that on that you don't which is causing the exception errors.   Alas.

Already tried it out today and it still trashed the simulator.   I don't know what I have going that on that you don't which is causing the exception errors.   Alas.

check in My documents Aivlasoft /EFB /User data if u have Runways.txt and SceneryExclude.txt and in sounds the beep.wap...a friend have a really hard time with this things not installed correctly

I use simbrief for planning and EFB for tracking.  I have PFPX, but it seems like a lot more work that is needed to generate a flightplan.  Just my personal preference.

That's assuming a route already exists.

One has popped up in Vroute for anywhere I wanted to go.

But that's just me.

I also have had NO issues with EFB. Something on your system is messing with it.

Vic

One has popped up in Vroute for anywhere I wanted to go.

But that's just me.

I wanted EGCC-FAJS but it didn't exist so had to create one myself and it was a sod getting validated. But I agree that generally most routes are available.