Sign in to follow this  
Chri

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

I did put this tweak into my FSX.cfg now, but I was not able to test it. Those few reports about "blurries" do bother me, nevertheless. The problem with all those tweaks is, that people do not report back fully. I mean: it is interesting to know if someone gets more blurries using this tweak. But to be honest, this information is absolutely useless until we also know all other tweaks this specific user is running. As mentioned by someone else before, it can easily be that using OP=1 needs a new configuration of the FFTF parameter and the FPS limiter setting in accordance with the Bufferpools setting used.

Anyway, I will test this and as I am particularly sensitive about blurries, I will instantly see if there are increased blurries or not on my build. And to be a good example: I use FFTF=0.15, AF=84 (i7 with HT on), Bufferpools=0 and I have my FPS limited inside FSX.cfg to 33 and to 30 in the Inspector.

EDIT: some people also report that using OP=1 along with the PMDG planes greatly increase the risk of OOMs.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I did put this tweak into my FSX.cfg now, but I was not able to test it. Those few reports about "blurries" do bother me, nevertheless. The problem with all those tweaks is, that people do not report back fully. I mean: it is interesting to know if someone gets more blurries using this tweak. But to be honest, this information is absolutely useless until we also know all other tweaks this specific user is running. As mentioned by someone else before, it can easily be that using OP=1 needs a new configuration of the FFTF parameter and the FPS limiter setting in accordance with the Bufferpools setting used.

Anyway, I will test this and as I am particularly sensitive about blurries, I will instantly see if there are increased blurries or not on my build. And to be a good example: I use FFTF=0.15, AF=84 (i7 with HT on), Bufferpools=0 and I have my FPS limited inside FSX.cfg to 33 and to 30 in the Inspector.

EDIT: some people also report that using OP=1 along with the PMDG planes greatly increase the risk of OOMs.

Sorry but you are talking about FSX and FSX.cfg file, this is about the settings in prepar3d, which you can't compare anymore with FSX ;-)

I agree while it's interesting to see the different settings of the users, but we should start a new thread for that..

At this point you should only need to know if there is a performance gain with the same settings and no visual differences...

All those other settings aren't interesting at this point and are only confusing to see if it works or not ;-)

It becomes indeed interesting when there are other negative or positive difference to besides the performance gain.

But you should start a thread also in the FSX forum with FSX settings and experience over there and to avoid of making more confusion...

This is for a reason the P3D forum ;-)

André

Well said

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I gave this tweak a shot today. I was sceptical but it's the real deal. At least for my system anyway...

Sat at Gate 101 at UK2000 Gatwick with ORBX Global/Vector/Open LC:

PMDG 737-800:

No Tweak = 33-36 fps

Tweak = 39-44 fps

PMDG 777-200:

No Tweak = 30-33 fps

Tweak = 40-45fps

Aerosoft Airbus A320 = Only about a 3 fps gain... 

What a find! 

Does anyone see a strange old style 737 2d panel pop up just before the NGX 3d cockpit loads when starting up a scenario with the 737-800?

Congrats to the OP, and whilst I can't share in the enjoyment as I didn't receive the same increase, while I was in the Prepar3d.cfg file I also noticed this:

OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=0

Has anyone had a play with this setting to see if it offers similar results?

Simon

This tweak has been around since like P3D v 2.1  - Soon as I saw it in the .cfg I gave it a try and noticed no change but there were no PMDG's available either. So here we go again..

No change in FPS @FSDT KLAX

No Tweak

PMDG 737 - 22 FPS

PMDG 777 - 18 FPS

iFly 747 V2 - 20-22 FPS

iFly 737 P3D - 22

With tweak

PMDG 737  - 23.5

PMDG 777 - 18 FPS

iFly 747 V2 - 20-22 FPS

iFly 737 P3D - 20 - 22 FPS

Set for unlimited FPS with no vsync to prevent anything from influencing the FPS indicator

No other tweaks in the .cfg

This has zero benefit for me

Tested it this evening with quite a heavy graphics load

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 (WITHOUT TWEAK)

P3D 2.4

UK2000 EGLL

FTX England

Real Weather using ASN, so dense cloud + rain tonight

PMDG777

WoAI - BA Package set to 80%

Test scenario - taxiing from Terminal 4 to Terminal 5

VSync on

Frames Counter = Unlimited

FPS Range: 16-20

With OPTIMIZE_PARTS = 1 (WITH TWEAK)

FPS Range: 20-25

Adam Breed from Lockheed Martin updated us with this...

"All,

The reason this is disable by default is we identified potential issues with crashing on Windows 8 machines. We are looking to fix that issue in a future release. We will keep you updated.

Adam"

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/optimize_parts-what-does-it-do/#post-102971

So if you're on Windows 7, go for it! 

I find it a bit strange that LM specifically recommend Windows 7 in their system requirements which hints towards the fact that Windows 8 isn't supported. But then they go and effectively cripple the Windows 7 users so Win 8 users don't suffer...Saying that though, Windows 8 users have suffered enough... ;)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

But then they go and effectively cripple the Windows 7 users so Win 8 users don't suffer...Saying that though, Windows 8 users have suffered enough... ;)

Niel,

I think that's a bit harsh, if they know it can crash W8, the only place they could add it safely is within the options and with a huge warning it is for W7 only, knowing how little people read though things  I can understand them not "including" it till they fix the W8 side.

Perhaps they could/should have but it on the forums, so we all could have read about it all the same. 

Niel, How you getting on with the NG flows?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It was a bit tongue-in-cheek to be honest Dave, just my attempt at a joke! :)

The Flows are great thanks, on my iPad with the rest of my "EFB". Cheers!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Just tested on my i5 4570 with AMD R9 280X.

NGX VC cockpit:
Optimize parts=0 --- > 22fps

Optimize parts=1 ---> 27fps

23% increase.

With the numbers shown in this topic I don't understand how this hasn't been #1 priority for LM.

Just imagine how P3D could benefit from DirectX 12, Mantle or Vulcan.
Simple draw call change and +25% FPS? In a simulator like P3D that's going from unplayable to playable.

Glad your enjoying the flows Niel, I have them and all charts on my iPad, perfect :)

Adam Breed from Lockheed Martin updated us with this...

"All,

The reason this is disable by default is we identified potential issues with crashing on Windows 8 machines. We are looking to fix that issue in a future release. We will keep you updated.

Adam"

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/optimize_parts-what-does-it-do/#post-102971

So if you're on Windows 7, go for it! 

I find it a bit strange that LM specifically recommend Windows 7 in their system requirements which hints towards the fact that Windows 8 isn't supported. But then they go and effectively cripple the Windows 7 users so Win 8 users don't suffer...Saying that though, Windows 8 users have suffered enough... ;)

Well, this might explain the crash I had about 10 minutes into a PMDG 737 flight yesterday after making this tweak.  I do run Windows 8.1 but have only been running P3D for 2 weeks.  This was my 3rd PMDG flight and first crash in P3D (Run time error R6025, pure virtual function call , visual C++ runtime library).  I disabled this tweak and will test further without it.  I hadn't made any other changes so that's the only thing I can think of that may have caused it...??

I did pick up 5-6fps in my test scenario (PMDG 737) with this though...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11