Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan X - would P3D be able to unleash this card's full potential?

To me that seems to be a fast CPU so in that case I guess a new GFX card such as the Titan X would be the best option for you to increase the performance. That is pretty much the same situation I'm in myself with a 4770K @ 4.5 GHz and a first gen Titan.

Same here. 3970x @ 4.7 and a first gen Titan. I have a happier time (dare I say it) in FSX much of the time as I've not yet found the sweet spot in Prepar3d in terms of visuals/performance. Currently looking at a 5960x and a Titan X.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I have i7 5960X + two Titan Z no improvment.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

That is not good news - just nuts

Rich Sennett

2x Titan Z? Gees, that like $5K at least? I'm speechless.

It must be really really depressing if these two monsters were bought only for P3D but yielded no improvement...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Yes, unfortunately. :( :( :(

Ahmet Sanal

Do you mean no improvement over just one Titan Z or another model card?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

No improvment with TWO Titan Z cards in my PC. 

Ahmet Sanal

Agreed, a new FS core with 64bit is the real answer.

Funny thing...if we all got our wish and our monster cards could be properly utilized, we would get OOM's once minute with the current state of P3D..lol.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I don't really see the point in getting a GPU with a 12 GB framebuffer and thousands of CUDA cores. Even if you are running at 4K, there are much cheaper solutions out there (780 TI, 980). It's not like FSX will take advantage of that hardware anyway. We've only been known this for years. What we need is a complete engine overhaul instead patching small problems with a few DX11 calls here and there.

And if I read another post saying 64-bit will cure all of your problems, then I'm going to blow a blood vessel. 32-bit code is not the big problem here. You can take the same code and compile it in 64-bit, but it's the same damn old code with inefficient rendering efficiency and poor resource management.

You have to rewrite the engine.

No improvment with TWO Titan Z cards in my PC. 

A Titan Z is a dual GPU card, so only one GPU will be used in P3D.  The GPUs in a Titan Z run at a lower clock rate than a Titan Black ... so essentially you have 4 GPUs (your two Titan Zs) and only one GPU being used by P3D.

You need nVidia to provide an SLI profile for P3D ... I've dropped my expectations of that happening, but still hope it happens even if it's a remote hope.

Cheers, Rob.

Anyone tried NVidia quadro M6000? 384bit 3072 core 12Gb.

A Titan Z is a duel GPU card

Hehe, don't go into battle without one! :lol: Sorry to spot the typo Rob.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Sorry to spot the typo Rob.

Thank you, corrected ... and it will not be the only typo's I make and/or have made ... thank goodness I can edit my posts.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

Have you explored MFAA on the new GPU to see how it stack up against DSR or SGSS (or even used in conjunction...)?

I assume that these monster cards are only really needed for multi monitor super high resolution displays? The reason I say that is because my 2GB GeForce GTX 770 appears to be doing just fine running P3D v2.4 at 1810x1448 DSR on my single 19" 4:3 monitor.

I get 30 FPS, pretty solid on a 25 inch 1920x1200 native monitor, with my 680 2GB.  Yeah..I think for our single monitor installation, non 4K reso's....we're good. Mind you...if money keeps spilling out of your pocket every time you step forward...then, lol...what the heck...buy for bragging rights, if for nothing else! It keeps nVidia in business...and that is a GOOD THING!

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I find smoothness is much better at 60fps the any other setting (unlimited, 30, 40 etc). So much so that I find myself changing settings to fly at this frame rate rather than accept sub-perfect fluidity with better visuals.

Bottom line - need a cpu and graphics combo that can hit 60fps with complex aircraft and high-detail airports. Even with the Titan I don't think I'd be there yet - need better code, dx12 and a faster cpu.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."