Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

The Hawker is Released

From posts on Carenado's facebook page, it seems that a clean re install as admin will fix the dark screen issue,

I will try it tomorrow once I finish my flight...

Did the C550 end up OK after the service packs?

In my opinion, no.   And the FMS/Navigraph Expansion made the plane even worse! ... Poor FPS performance, a totally unrealitic FMS (still), and an MFD so packed with (non removable) cluttered waypoints.

I've said it before, but I am 100% done with Carenado.   I don't have one twitch of temptation about buying this Hawker.    I just know it will be disappointing and that beyond the initial pretty textures, it'll feel completely unconvincing - like all recent Carenado aircraft (PC-12 partly excepted).

FSX edition, Bought it, authorized all of the new gauges at initial start up, no avionics, blank crts,,, seems about right,,,  but what the hay,,,, can always fly seat of the pants :rolleyes: and that should help keep the bug list down!

Maybe the gauges are extra :rolleyes:

I still have P3D 2.4 installed, so I'm tempted, but still sore from kicking my self in the a _ _ last time I bought into Carenado. So maybe give this one a few more days of reviews. Is there better documentation than usual, or do we have to try and figure things out ourselves. 

Docs wise its pretty good. Even come with a weight and balance sheet. The docs include:

1.Proline 21 Manual (12 pages)

2. Emergency Procedures (10 Pages)

3.Normal Procedures (14 Pages)

4.Performance Table (58 Pages)

5. Reference Guide. (4 Pages)

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Got it and have had two flights (in FSX).  All gauges work but FPS is in the toilet, averaging 7.5 but as low as 1.4 despite my computer and video card being above their specs.

Uninstalled it after the first flight, and reinstalled it (as admin) before the second flight but the results were the same.  Nearly uncontrollable due to the low FPS.  Under certain conditions the external lights are just grey boxes.

Support ticket has been submitted, but am working towards a refund if not resolved soon.  Very, very disappointing.  :mad:

Got it and have had two flights (in FSX).  All gauges work but FPS is in the toilet, averaging 7.5 but as low as 1.4 despite my computer and video card being above their specs.

Uninstalled it after the first flight, and reinstalled it (as admin) before the second flight but the results were the same.  Nearly uncontrollable due to the low FPS.  Under certain conditions the external lights are just grey boxes.

Support ticket has been submitted, but am working towards a refund if not resolved soon.  Very, very disappointing.  :mad:

They give refunds? :huh:

ZORAN

My quick review video. Please understand I'm just flying by the seat of my pants.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

They give refunds? :huh:

No and it is about time that AVSIM removed them from this site all together. Many folks including myself have fallen victim to their cheap shoddy ways of doing business. They are unprofessional at a least and are close to being down right crooks. Now that they are trying to rip folks off for 50.00 should give us all pause. I have always mostly got a chuckle at their attemps but it is reaching the point that they can no longer just be a joke in our hobby.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

No and it is about time that AVSIM removed them from this site all together. Many folks including myself have fallen victim to their cheap shoddy ways of doing business. They are unprofessional at a least and are close to being down right crooks. Now that they are trying to rip folks off for 50.00 should give us all pause. I have always mostly got a chuckle at their attemps but it is reaching the point that they can no longer just be a joke in our hobby.

They aren't crooks they provide a product and a nice looking one at that at least they don't charge a "Upgrade fee" to use the plane in P3D

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I have great FPS, but agree this is a complete disappointment. Its really nothing more than a default plane that looks great.  Engine synch doesn't work, FLC doesn't work, the FMS is extremely basic.  It is incredibly under powered on the ground and at altitude, too much drag at altitude any adjustment in power equals extreme changes in airspeed. I'm done with these guys.  They need to stick with the basics, I'm thinking a J-3 Cub is what they are capable of.  Certainly not a $50 business jet add-on. Save your money, its not worth it. 

Best Regards,

John

P.S.  Apparently the fuel transfer from the ventral tank doesn't function correctly.  Both engines just flamed out.

Hi,

How about the FMC? I'm waiting for feedback on it before I decide if I buy it or not (I'm not gonna spend 50 USD in a product with half usable FMC).

Is it fully functional? Can we enter all datas from scratch such as flight plan, perf data, SIDs/STARs?

Are direct to (including bearing to fix if existing in the proline system) and hold functions included and usable?

Thanks.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I´m amazed that it´s always the same with Carenado. All moan about how bad the last one was and still buying the next one without waiting for some initial reviews. And then all start moaning again about how bad it is. 

No and it is about time that AVSIM removed them from this site all together.

For your information, as well as that of anyone else who's unaware, the title of this forum is "The UNOFFICIAL..."

It was added years ago by user requests as a place where y'all can discuss these products in a free and more open forum...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator