Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

The Hawker is Released

Indeed bugs do not appear to me as the real cause of disappointment here. Bugs will be corrected. Carenado admitted clearly and openly on their FB page that they are working on a patch to be released in the next future. My take is that this will fix most of bugs, however they will never release a product that someone with your level of skill, knowledge and expectation will deem as satisfactory. And this is because you are probably not their target customer in first place. That simple.

Sorry but we are talking about glaring bugs, not some exoctic hardware combination that made the plane behave funky, or some memory leak that can't be easily repoduced. We are talking about bugs that are so glaring that if you had any sort of testflight with a beta tester you would see them.

And that is what is so infuriating that either noone cared enough to fix them or, imho even worse, made the concious desicion to release the plane with the bugs and shove out a half assed SP later.  You should be proud of what you do, what you release, so why do this? And honestly if they can put out an SP 2 weeks after release, why not release 2 weeks later?

This has nothing to do with to high expectations, we are talking about Carrenado here, noone expects PMDG. But saying you expect too much because people call out Carrenados sloppiness that feels like a giant F**U from them, is not true. It becomes even more ironic when you look at Carrenados XPlane Models: Here we have Dan Klaue doing all the conversions and while they are not perfect from the start, the bugs there are minor and people dont give them a hard time. Why is this so glaringly different then ?

Sorry but we are talking about glaring bugs, not some exoctic hardware combination that made the plane behave funky, or some memory leak that can't be easily repoduced. We are talking about bugs that are so glaring that if you had any sort of testflight with a beta tester you would see them.

I see those bugs myself. Basically I am using the aircraft in VFR.

I hope that most of them, at least some basic FMS features, will be fixed. However, I do not have any expectation that the Hawker will ever be perfect.

And that is what is so infuriating that either noone cared enough to fix them or, imho even worse, made the concious desicion to release the plane with the bugs and shove out a half assed SP later.  You should be proud of what you do, what you release, so why do this? And honestly if they can put out an SP 2 weeks after release, why not release 2 weeks later?

Hawker 850XP release in short ;)

Let's pretend you have a software shop with a fleet of expensive programmers and your accountant tells you that you can't cover payroll next week. To boot, your credit limits are maxed out because you've busted your development budget and schedule for a product that was supposed to be out making money last month ;)

Been there, done that lol

Hawker 850XP release in short ;)

That's the spirit. :lol:

Still holding out for a possible X-Plane release. Since they usually arrive later, any cross-platform issues might already be resolved while others may never arise in the first place.

Just received in my mailbox:

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)
CARENADO H850XP HD SERIES FSX/P3D VERSION 1.1
Improvements:
-Added more functions to Flight Guidance System (autopilot).
-Flight Guidance System PDF manual added.
-New livery added.
-New LITE model without back cabin for improving FPS.
-HD textures for the back cabin for the regular complete model.
-FMS more functionality added.
-3D knobs technology added to VC knobs for easier manipulation.
-Climb performance below 28000 feet adjusted.
-New animations added.

Fixes:
-Flight Guidance System (autopilot) bugs.
-PFD display issues (text overlapping and identifier waypoint indication missed).
-Fuel flow mismatch reading between instruments.
-Battery switch coordinates with READY FOR TAXI state.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

I remember feeling the heat :)

Good stuff Carenado !

Nice little jet. Wish there was a way to start it cold and dark by default in P3D.

Cold and dark is a place that really exposes the work that goes in these simulations. Starting up these babies is 3/4 of the fun for me and the real learning experience value of these sims :)

Lets start a new topic:  SP1 aka Public Beta 2.

Bert