Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

The Hawker is Released

They aren't crooks they provide a product and a nice looking one at that at least they don't charge a "Upgrade fee" to use the plane in P3D

Agreed in full.

I am shocked as to how many haters are posting here, mostly without even trying the product.

I will wait for more unbiased reviews, but maybe not here. Sadly and surprisingly, it does not seem the right place.

Thank you for your video.

I´m amazed that it´s always the same with Carenado. All moan about how bad the last one was and still buying the next one without waiting for some initial reviews. And then all start moaning again about how bad it is. 

A lot of us are looking for updated bizjets.  And this was a possibility.  I've had a quick look with it (once I got the gauges up and running).  Not great... needs a lot of work.  There's a lot of bugs (when isn't there), but there are some positives,  Sounds are nice, I think the handling is really good, performance seems ok to me... as long as you set your weights etc.  Fully loaded it's slow obviously.  Ya needs some work.  Not worth 50 bucks for sure.  You can get an A2A Skylane that works for that.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I´m amazed that it´s always the same with Carenado. All moan about how bad the last one was and still buying the next one without waiting for some initial reviews. And then all start moaning again about how bad it is. 

Agreed! It's like eating a rotten food from a empty fridge cause you're very hungry, vomit all of it, open the fridge and eat it again. Can't understand that phenomena, seriously.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

These initial reviews make the 550 look like a AVSIM gold star add-on. :lol:

I'll stay away from Carenado Jets. No Phenom, 550, or this thing just released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

For now I think I'll stick with my Flight1 Mustang, not the fastest bizjet or the biggest but sure is a joy to fly!  

Dark CRT no avionics issue solved with quick reply to support ticket by Carenado.  1) Go to GAUGES folder in the FSX root directory.  2) Delete the PROLINE21.CAB file.  3) Run the Hawker uninstaller (also in the FSX root directory) 4) Re-install the Hawker.  Avionics booted up.  Successful flight with 30 FPS.  Onward and upward!

I am shocked as to how many haters are posting here, mostly without even trying the product.

I will wait for more unbiased reviews, but maybe not here. Sadly and surprisingly, it does not seem the right place.

That is what I am thinking. I came to this thread to read some initial thoughts on the aircraft and half of these posts are from people who haven't even bought the product, just came on here to bash Carenado. I got it, Carenado is not known for making the best aircraft when it comes to systems. I have unfortunately made a few bad purchases through them like many people here but I don't troll the Carenado forum every time a new product comes out, people need to grow up.

Samuel Scully

No and it is about time that AVSIM removed them from this site all together. Many folks including myself have fallen victim to their cheap shoddy ways of doing business. They are unprofessional at a least and are close to being down right crooks. Now that they are trying to rip folks off for 50.00 should give us all pause. I have always mostly got a chuckle at their attemps but it is reaching the point that they can no longer just be a joke in our hobby.

Now that's a bit harsh.  I have the Hawker and I like it.  I also have the S550 and I like it, and the Baron and a few others and like them.  I bought the Phenom and didn't like it and they gave me a refund.  Carenado support has always been responsive and helpful.  So, maybe you should reconsider?

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

What has always surprised me about Carenado, (and I have a lot of their planes) is that they don't have their own offical support forum. To me that suggest they don't stand behind their products, and don't work with the community to fix the apparent flaws like other developers do. So as long as folks keep buying their products, they will continue with this business practice....sad but true. So I'm not sure if people need to grow up, or Carenado needs to listen to its customers :unsure:

Agreed in full.

Why would someone "try" a 50 dollar product they know is going to be completely buggy when there's no refund policy?  We're not being unreasonable!  For 50 dollars we're expecting a top notch product, something that raises the bar for FS like the A2A C182.

Carenado NEEDS to be called out on this by the community.  All they need to do is get a beta team together (and listen to their feedback) and they'd drastically increase the quality of their releases.  Heck, many people here would even be willing to donate their time to help them out.  But alas, they don't ask for help.  They don't test.  They don't improve quality.  I'm shocked that so many people are still willing to shell out the cash for their products.

I want them to improve and succeed at least as much as everyone else.  I've spent hundreds of dollars on their products over the years.  To see them going in this direction is really disappointing.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Why would someone "try" a 50 dollar product they know is going to be completely buggy when there's no refund policy?

Carenado and Alabeo, both have a refund policy in place. Factual information doesn't start with one user (most likely one who's never bought the product) making wild claims. Others jumping on that wonky basis without fact-checking surely doesn't help. Similarities to how corporate media works are purely coincidental. ^_^

Back to the facts. From my last Alabeo/Carenado receipt:

Satisfaction policy

We would like our customer have enjoyable experience since the moment of the purchase until they are flying our products. If you are not satisfied with the product we will refund your money immediately.

They run this policy since years. :smile: (from my docs, at least since 2012)

As for the points on the lets call it maturity of 1.0 releases, I completely agree with you folks though. General advise, not only regarding Carenado products: Stay away from '1.0.'

This thing is awesome - having some issues with pc or P3D not sure whats going but getting 45 in VC and 65 spot plane - when I learn this bird it will be great very best Carenado offering yet as for systems I dont know them yet but it took right off short runway - AP and all of that was working perfect as far as I know - take notice hover mouse over AP and stuff like that it will let you know in what state its in as there are no lights that come on not sure if real aircraft has them

Rich Sennett

Over the years I've purchased every aircraft from Carenado that they produce. For all of those other planes they have all installed without a problem (as did the 850XP) and all worked out of the box. But the frame rates on the Hawker are appalling. I'm getting rates of 1, maybe 1.2 and are so low as to make it unflyable. I'm running a 4.3GHz  AMD FX with an ATI R290x video card with 16G of RAM so the system can handle pretty much anything.

After all of the aircraft I've purchased from Carenado I'm pretty happy with their products, but this one is a departure from the norm.

I'm sure they're monitoring the forums for comments and have probably been surprised by the stellar, glowing comments on this release. Any help I can provide to get this plane running will be forthcoming. I like the model and eye candy and would like a solid light jet to tool around in. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one...but only for a few days until it is fixed an usable. After that I'll look elsewhere.

I'm about to complete my circumnavigation of Australia with single/twin props and am looking for something a bit quicker and that can fly higher.

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

Why would someone "try" a 50 dollar product they know is going to be completely buggy when there's no refund policy?  We're not being unreasonable!  For 50 dollars we're expecting a top notch product, something that raises the bar for FS like the A2A C182.

If you know that it is buggy even before trying it, then my honest suggestion is simply not to buy it.

I have myself complaints about some Carenado products I own and I am not here to deny that there is actually room for their improvement. That said, I can't understand how many people here are attacking a product without even trying it. Sorry, but this is really beyond me. In a different situation, at this time I would be testing it myself, but I confess I ran out of my budget at the moment, therefore I am interested in reading unbiased reviews from people who actually bought it before considering the purchase in the future. There is another thread with a video and the first impression of the poster does not appear to be that negative.

Another thing that I have hard time to understand is why one is allowed to call Carenado "almost crooks" without any reprimand, while another gets their post deleted for simply criticizing other software houses for charging for the P3D version.

Anyway, Carenado is not knocking at my door and forcing me to buy their Hawker with a gun on my head. Nor - I guess - they're knocking at yours.

This thing is awesome - having some issues with pc or P3D not sure whats going but getting 45 in VC and 65 spot plane - when I learn this bird it will be great very best Carenado offering yet as for systems I dont know them yet but it took right off short runway - AP and all of that was working perfect as far as I know - take notice hover mouse over AP and stuff like that it will let you know in what state its in as there are no lights that come on not sure if real aircraft has them

Thanks Rich I was trying to figure out how to use the AP. I've been hand flying it all day not that its a bad thing because she handles great!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.