Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Hi AviatorMoser, hi everybody !

Great idea ! thank you very much for that great job, it will change our FSX flights.

Much appreciated !

Best regards!

JM

Ok folks,

I figured out why there are some terracing-like problems near the Adriatic. From N30 - N41 to E016-E020, there are some major artifacts from what is believed to be an issue from mosaicing a few tiles. Unfortunately, this affects much of Italy and some of the Balkan countries. This affects the FreeMeshX - Europe package.

A patch will be issued within the next few days to remedy this. Sorry about this!

Wow, thank you! The thing is, in some areas this terracing looks good TBH, adds a variety to the hill/mountain slopes. But in some areas it looks rather strange, so it is a 50/50 situation.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Wow, thank you! The thing is, in some areas this terracing looks good TBH, adds a variety to the hill/mountain slopes. But in some areas it looks rather strange, so it is a 50/50 situation.

Ha! I agree, sometimes it adds some variety, but there are major issues with that area if you look around some more. Especially southern Italy *shudders*. Somehow the compiler did not this like certain tile mosaic. Anyway, the fix is nearly complete (as in the striping has gone away). Just one more outstanding issue. I think what I'll do is a distribute a "FreeMeshX - Patches" release, which will be put ahead of all the FreeMeshX regions in the load order. And then future patches will be dumped in there.

I think what I'll do is a distribute a "FreeMeshX - Patches" release, which will be put ahead of all the FreeMeshX regions in the load order.

Brilliant idea, please do this!

I have to admit to being a little embarrassed for bring so impressed with what was essentially a bug...but now I know how Carenado customers feel! ;)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Nike, See:

Compatibility:
FreeMeshX should work with other meshes. FSX simply uses the highest LOD mesh in the library for a given location. This way you can layer meshes. For instance, FS Global 2010 may have a LOD11 mesh for a mountain range. With both FreeMeshX and FS Global 2010 enabled in the library, FSX will prioritize the LOD11 mesh over the FreeMeshX LOD10 mesh.
Tested and built using FTX Global. Works great. We recommend purchasing it. It's on sale this month of May too.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

ok really Dumb question trying to download the Europe but it just states preparing download then it requests a load of Adware to be filled in? I do not have a Media fire account....and do not wish to infect with Malware...what is this old timer doing wrong....

Thank you

Incidentally, The OP asks that we use Torrents. Having tried to use one of the hyper links, in this case for the Europe Mesh, this is the where the link is directed to:

http://www.ukispcourtorders.co.uk/. Now, I would treat this as serious, because Torrents have long been associated with pirating  and I am sure that AVSIM would want to know more before associating a review with piracy.

You do have the alternative of using HTTP, etc. 

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Incidentally, The OP asks that we use Torrents. Having tried to use one of the hyper links, in this case for the Europe Mesh, this is the where the link is directed to:

http://www.ukispcourtorders.co.uk/. Now, I would treat this as serious, because Torrents have long been associated with pirating  and I am sure that AVSIM would want to know more before associating a review with piracy.

You are right in that torrents are associated with piracy but the links to these torrent files are perfectly legal because the content is perfectly legal. This is an example of the blanket blocking of illegal content interfering with access to legal content. Just because something is distributed via torrents does not make it illegal or suspect in any way. Unfortunately the blanket blocking is a poor solution to a complex problem.

FLAPS15:

You do not have to sign in. Answer the question in Captcha, that is just to show you are not a robot (webcrawler). Thereafter, you can download. It does take ages, but that's all.

Martin Parr

So let me get this straight, you click on the download link for the torrent and it redirected you to some page describing blocked websites by the U.K. government?

Can anyone tell me if this is some censor firewall? I'm not sure why it would block you anyways. It's a MediaFire link, which is a legitimate file hosting site much like DropBox, and it's not on that list.

ok really Dumb question trying to download the Europe but it just states preparing download then it requests a load of Adware to be filled in? I do not have a Media fire account....and do not wish to infect with Malware...what is this old timer doing wrong....

Thank you

It's not malware. It's what they call an ad-captcha where they ask you to type something in to "prove you're not a bot". There shouldn't be captcha, because I'm paying money for a professional account and those links should be exempt. Time to send another ticket to MediaFire. This is why I prefer the torrent option. Less headaches :)

OP, over the past few months the EU and the US have been tightening up the illegal downloading of certain material. It is likely that suppliers of broadband, etc have been placed in a difficult position to police itself. Legitimate users will support this, as I do, but the bottom line is very clear, you are using a service provider that has been blocked.

It does not mean that what you are admirably doing, by offering a Mesh (which we assume you have done all the work to create it) is pirated material, other than it is the choice of the service provider you are using.

Bravo for what you are providing, but if you are forced to go elsewhere and use a service provider to host the material, this may see you charging a small premium for your work.

The HTTP downloading sucks, yes, and on fiber-optic the European Mesh is still downloading after an hour and it still showing 35 minutes to run!

Martin Parr

Links are working fine here, it's something on sauviat's end.

Another reason to use the torrents.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

france89, if you are using a french domain, France is not so rigid as other countries.

I have since spoken to our broadband provider and provided details. They have confirmed that it is a blocked site.

Martin Parr

Are there any other UK members who can verify if the MediaFire torrent links are blocked? I may have to host them on my storage if MediaFire is blocked in the U.K.