Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Nvidia 352.86 ...!

To my eye, it appears there is an improvement in AA. Hopefully, other simmers will chime in and confirm this..

Chris,

I haven't noticed any improvement to AA, I still have to use 4xSGSSA in NI in order to get smoother edges and am noticing shimmering on aircraft and other objects.  DSR x2 doesn't help much either, which used to work well.  I've noticed that when I use DSR, many of the fonts, especially the menu fonts, are really difficult to read, not because of the higher res but they are not clear at all and they used to be readable with previous driver.

I have noticed an improvement in FPS smoothness however, not nearly as many micro-stutters (if any) that I usually observe as scenery moves by below my aircraft and while taxiing around highly detailed airports.   I taxied and flew around FlyTampa's Copenhagen with PMDG 777 (l never detected a stutter) and performance was much improved as well as FSDT LSGG and LSZH with PMDG 777...once again very smooth taxiing on ground and flying landing patterns. 

So my observations are much improved FPS smoothness/stability but no change in AA.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

So, I've had a "no" and a "yes" from two different people on this thread regarding the airport lights issue. Which one is it? Do these new drivers solve the custom airport lights issue in P3D or not?

I don't have any airports with problematic lights so I couldn't answer that, sorry if you read my previous post as "yes".

I was referring to the lights issue with the previous WHQL version, where PAPI and runway lights in general didn't work.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

+1, no official Nvidia statement on driver release of adding sli profile support, they always reference sli profiles with driver updates, even patched drivers.

The PAPI lights are fixed, there is SLI support and a Prepar3d profile is included. Why do you think this is not the release?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Chris,

So my observations are much improved FPS smoothness/stability but no change in AA.

AA is on LM side of things - video driver can only do so much

Want proof 2.3 and 2.4 was excellent - change the show in 2.5 AA got broken and no one will convince me otherwise

Rich Sennett

Quick test with 352.86 with GTX 750Ti (no SLI) AOK... will play with it over next couple days.  Runway lights nominal.

Dan Downs KCRP

First and short impression of this new driver: great improved smoothness and better FPS.
AA seems to be also a bit better with my GTX760.

To stoke the fire or maybe douse some flame - been using this afternoon for some time. Using 2x670 windforce. Find that FPS  better by at least 10% or so but importantly much steadier FPS rate/smoothness.  Blur over high-res photo scenery on 2560x1400 much less - i.e. sharper, (some "snapping into focus" noticable as get into LOD range).  Custom PAPI lights NOT fixed  - at least not all -  e.g. ACG custom lights still don't show.  Will check others.  RY lights otherwise seem OK (thought they were flickering at first, but was my propellor!

As Rob pointed out on LM forum I believe, SLI for P3D is noted in Inspector, AND it's in the P3D settings of nVidia Control Panel. I re-bridged SLI on mine, but need to do more as using 3 monitors, as  it (nvidia) won't enable SLI with more than  2 monitors if not in surround - possibly need to replace one Displayport with DVI work?.  Works with 2 monitors though . . .

Still tweaking AA but certainly not worse   ;-)  Back to the lab.

Here's another take on this..... I'm trying (desperately) to hold off upgrading my sim machine until Skylake arrives. A second GTX570 is CHEAP! Would there be enough gained with a second GTX570 in SLI to make waiting for Skylake more palatable?

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

but need to do more as using 3 monitors
 Do you plan to use one card as output to the three monitors.  I'm expecting my second 780 in the mail tomorrow afternoon (they won't let me pick it up earlier!)

I've been running SLI for months with a kludged setup. Interesting is that - right out of the box -I had the same issue with this driver as others - when SLI is enabled several add-on a/c have really bad flickering lights. I was able to get them to stop in the old and still have to apply the settings to stop them in the new.

All default a/c are just fine.

I noticed no change in AA so I used my old 4SGSS settings.

Took a quick test flight using ASN in some crappy weather - immediately noticed smoother action, I noticed LESS usage on the GPU's - I have FPS locked at 20 so it stayed there.

More testing is in order but it seems that this driver is a good start.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Do you plan to use one card as output to the three monitors.  I'm expecting my second 780 in the mail tomorrow afternoon (they won't let me pick it up earlier!)

I'd hoped to, but nVidia won't allow 3 off 2 when in SLI except in surround.  I've been using the 2 cards non-SLI and SLI for 2 monitors but took SLI off as didn't help with FSX or then P3D.  Added 3rd monitor (and could be more) and was fine with non-SLI.  Only just re-bridged and attempted to SLI  again following this driver release - which was when found the 3 monitor setup only allows SLI enabled if in (nvidia) surround.  As my 3 are different sizes and resolutions in a 12, 6 and 3 o'clock config for main sim, Plan-G and instruments etc. then . . .  Possibly need a cheaper 3rd card for the small monitor and leave the others on SLI.  Think you may find similar - you can run 3 monitors off one or two 780's (each?) but not if SLI - back to 2 limit.  As far as I understand, using surround various combinations possible, but other SLI the 2 monitors must be off a "master" card with the other SLI'd either bridge or mobo.  Either of the pair can be master though

That said, am finding this driver a considerable improvement even using non SLI. Using one card for the 2560x1444 and the other for 1920x1200 and 1360x768.

I could be wrong as they say - hope this helps

EDIT - just been reading - with a 780 you may be able to run 3 monitors off the master, in SLI  - try a search  or

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/668351/connecting-3-monitors-dual-sli/?offset=1

if you are using surround of course it's not a problem . . .

Am getting very good results with 352.86 on a single 980SC - smoother, just a little improvement in frames, and colors seem richer, to my eye at least.  Will probably make the move to SLI when official driver support arrives but this is a nice gain for now - the first one that seems to be an improvement over the 347.88s.

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here, so is 352.86 for P3D or is it not? I'm running 347.52 and I have no runway lighting problems, at least not that I am aware of.

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here, so is 352.86 for P3D or is it not? I'm running 347.52 and I have no runway lighting problems, at least not that I am aware of.

So far it's worked pretty well for me. SLI works better than it did with 347.88 and all the airports I have checked have working runway lights. I was able to turn my settings pretty much all the way tot he right with little impact on FPS (locked at 30) and no noticeable loss in smoothness.

...colors seem richer, to my eye at least.  

I did notice that as well but wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not.

So far it's worked pretty well for me. SLI works better than it did with 347.88 and all the airports I have checked have working runway lights. I was able to turn my settings pretty much all the way tot he right with little impact on FPS (locked at 30) and no noticeable loss in smoothness.

I did notice that as well but wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not.

and colors seem richer, to my eye at least

Yes I noticed sky colors were much richer and previously noticeable lines across the horizon/skyline are now blended without using HDR.  Good catch....

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001