Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Nvidia 352.86 ...!

Without reading through the complete thread, are there any improvements done to AA in this new driver?

Richard Åsberg

I am the opposite to an expert in this area But for me the new drivers fixed that weird purple effect i was having with the sun.   I am still using NI to fine tune the AA inside and outside of the VC. Over all i'm happy. 

can't wait to test this out tomorrow and look at my time between frames data.

Don't overdo it Rob! :D

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

So, this "airport lights" issue. Is this the problem with custom lighting not working properly that occurs with quite a few airport addons in P3D? If so, can someone confirm that these drivers have resolved the issue? Specific airports that I have installed that suffer from lighting problems are the SIM720 airports (EGPE Inverness, EGPO Stornoway, EGEO Oban), and also Aerosoft EIDW Dublin.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Don't think this is the coming driver Adam at LM spoke of in the P3D forums

So, this "airport lights" issue. Is this the problem with custom lighting not working properly that occurs with quite a few airport addons in P3D? If so, can someone confirm that these drivers have resolved the issue? Specific airports that I have installed that suffer from lighting problems are the SIM720 airports (EGPE Inverness, EGPO Stornoway, EGEO Oban), and also Aerosoft EIDW Dublin.

No

Without reading through the complete thread, are there any improvements done to AA in this new driver?

To my eye, it appears there is an improvement in AA. Hopefully, other simmers will chime in and confirm this..

Other than the black screen, it looks really good

Oops.   :rolleyes:

So this driver is of no benefit to single card (970) users?

To my eye, it appears there is an improvement in AA. Hopefully, other simmers will chime in and confirm this..

Ok, thanks. Guess I'll give this new driver a go and see for myself.

Richard Åsberg

Don't think this is the coming driver Adam at LM spoke of in the P3D forums

+1, no official Nvidia statement on driver release of adding sli profile support, they always reference sli profiles with driver updates, even patched drivers.

tpewpb-6.png

But if this driver is not the driver we've been waiting for how come some people with SLI setups are reporting amazing results using this new driver?

Richard Åsberg

Lights work, that's the main thing, it's good being able to use the most recent WHQL driver without issues of the missing light kind.

Performance (on my single GPU) is on par with the one I used before, so that's OK too. Can't really see any improvements or changes in AA.

But I can see in NI that there's something been done to SLI that wasn't there before, "SLI compatibility bits (DX1x)" 0x080040F5 now specifically mentions "Prepar3D". Looks pretty legit to me.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

So, I've had a "no" and a "yes" from two different people on this thread regarding the airport lights issue. Which one is it? Do these new drivers solve the custom airport lights issue in P3D or not?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png