Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

My feeling about Orbx

Not sure if HD Trees was designed to be installed without any other Orbx products?

Yes it is - just checked - its supports vanilla fsx and P3D - but 2058 files loaded is wacko - would like to see a screenshot of that if you do a search for trees - its a fraction of that number

Rich Sennett

Yes it is - just checked - its supports vanilla fsx and P3D - but 2058 files loaded is wacko - would like to see a screenshot of that if you do a search for trees - its a fraction of that number

I would love to oblige you, but the only way I could reproduce situation so I could take a screen  shot,   is to install these trees again, and rather than do that, I think I would rather have a few root canals. 

By the way, I  questioned this update  on their website forum about the 2058 update files, twice, and they made no comment at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I would love to oblige you, but the only way I could reproduce situation so I could take a screen  shot,   is to install these trees again, and rather than do that, I think I would rather have a few root canals. 

By the way, I  questioned this update  on their website forum about the 2058 update files, twice, and they made no comment at all. 

LOL good one Bob - they are very slow to reply from my experience but when they do it usually helps - I know this install is straight forward and you know your stuff but if you want me to go into your computer let me know - I will help you out as this is pretty straight forward stuff 

You posted this earlier - there is no update file its only one install from the flightsimstore - tell me what the name of this update file you refer to and the size of it please

Then the installer ran and installed the trees. I then installed the update, and the 2058 files that came with it, and flew, and immediately had problems after about a half hour of flying. That's all I did.  Can you figure out where I may have gone wrong? 

Rich Sennett

LOL good one Bob - they are very slow to reply from my experience but when they do it usually helps - I know this install is straight forward and you know your stuff but if you want me to go into your computer let me know - I will help you out as this is pretty straight forward stuff 

Richard, I appreciate your offer, but my profession prior to retirement about 7 years ago was a Technical Trainer for two of the largest Companies in the US and Europe. I taught troubleshooting of complex video systems using computer interfaces.  Installing these trees for me, is as about as complex as chewing gum.   My sim was working perfectly, I installed an  add on I purchased that was supposed to work with P3D, and it trashed the operation of P3D. End of story. I then uninstalled it, and P3D  works perfectly. This is a simple click this and click that  install that any moron that has an IQ higher than a box of rocks should be able to easily handle.  So the bottom line is there is something apparently faulty with this piece of software. Maybe this fault doesn't show up on every install, but I am guessing that they haven't sold a large amount of this product either.  I posted two days ago, my exact problem on their forum, and have had zero suggestions from anyone, company or other customers as to how to fix it, other than some tech support person reading from a script with suggestions like...... did you uncompress the file before you installed it?    No, I always download  zip files, and don't  uncompress them................It's more fun that way........... 

So I am just chalking this up to experience. I flew tonight with P3D from London City to Billund , Denmark, with a smooth running P3D and the scenery was looking good as far as I was concerned, and they only thing I have installed is UTX 2 USA and Europe. That is what is important to me, fluid operation of the sim so that it looks like what I see out the windscreen when I fly a real aircraft.  No herky jerky, stuttering, FPS all over the place, displays ruining the immersion of flying a real  aircraft .  No more scenery add ons for me, this debacle with the trees cured me for good. By the way, the install for UTX 2 was easy, flawless, and worked perfectly.  No bloated patch downloads after I bought the product either.    This afternoon I just found out that there was a patch for UTX Europe  that was just made available.  I just  downloaded the patch, and installed it in P3D in no  more than a  minute and all I had to do was locate P3D on my hard drive. The actual   update took about 20 seconds. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Richard, I appreciate your offer,

I understand Bob - can be frustrating but something is a miss this should work perfectly - and after reading your post at ftx forums I answered my own question that your update was the libraries as I stated some library versions do not get along with some installs the latest works fine for me but I have in the past have had to use like the next older one to get rid of those stutters - but it looks like you have given up but with that said have you removed all of the orbx stuff properly now so you can get on with life :) its a bit of work and you will have to do your homework to do so

Also did you try this - install the trees and do not install the libraries as it should run without them even though they recommend it - you could start there and see if the stutters are there if not you know what is causing the trouble - the Libraries are which they will do - it has happened to me easy fix use older ones - ah but that might be a problem as they are not posting older ones like they used to to revert to them - hmm so that would be a problem - just use trees bet you will not have a problem with them and ignore the libraries as tree addon is just textures - you dont need them but nice to have as you dont have any addon airports from them so you should be fine - I will bet you didnt try trees before you installed those libraries - Right ?

Rich Sennett

I understand Bob - can be frustrating but something is a miss this should work perfectly - and after reading your post at ftx forums I answered my own question that your update was the libraries as I stated some library versions do not get along with some installs the latest works fine for me but I have in the past have had to use like the next older one to get rid of those stutters - but it looks like you have given up but with that said have you removed all of the orbx stuff properly now so you can get on with life :) its a bit of work and you will have to do your homework to do so

Also did you try this - install the trees and do not install the libraries as it should run without them even though they recommend it - you could start there and see if the stutters are there if not you know what is causing the trouble - the Libraries are which they will do - it has happened to me easy fix use older ones - ah but that might be a problem as they are not posting older ones like they used to to revert to them - hmm so that would be a problem - just use trees bet you will not have a problem with them and ignore the libraries as tree addon is just textures - you dont need them but nice to have as you dont have any addon airports from them so you should be fine - I will bet you didnt try trees before you installed those libraries - Right ?

That is what I did at first. I tried running P3D  without doing the library update, and it already had a severe problem. The update didn't change anything, at least that I could detect.  Bottom line, in 2015, I should be able to buy an add on for a simulator, and not have to jump through hoops or twist myself into a pretzel  to get it to function properly. I am way past the days of wanting to beta test products. It either works out of the chute, or it goes in the dumpster, which is where the trees are now.   ^_^ . 

Ok I wont go on - but its only a texture update to your current textures should not be causing any issues - sorry you could not work it out

Rich Sennett

Ok I wont go on - but its only a texture update to your current textures should not be causing any issues - sorry you could not work it out

That is exactly what I thought when I purchased it, a texture update, what could go wrong. Looking at the advertising, however, I was skeptical about their claims for 20% increases of FPS, when the textures they are using are twice the size of  the textures of the trees that they are replacing. That just doesn't make any sense to me. More data to process, but it will be faster????     Reading many reviews of this product around the internet, after I purchased it, I saw  many well written  reviews claiming that  they saw absolutely no increase in FPS at all. 

That is exactly what I thought when I purchased it

Not seeing much of an increase but certainly no fps hit either 

Rich Sennett

I thought one of the features they were touting with FTX Central 2 was that it could push individual files as updates to the orbxlibs? That would account for the 2058 files if he didn't have the libs installed at all, no? In "settings" there's an option for "Use FileSync to speed up your updates", I'll bet that's where the "2058 files" comes from.

I thought one of the features they were touting with FTX Central 2 was that it could push individual files as updates to the orbxlibs? That would account for the 2058 files if he didn't have the libs installed at all, no? In "settings" there's an option for "Use FileSync to speed up your updates", I'll bet that's where the "2058 files" comes from.

It will push if you allow it -You dont have to do it Jim - as a matter of fact I dont use that to update I just go to Their website to get the update

Rich Sennett

5 pages!

Yeah really, thinking the same thing....let's move on! Fair Winds and Following Sea's Bob!

Having all those 2000+ files from the library won't cause any harm. They're just object .bgls and won't do anything on their own unless some part of one of their installed sceneries or freeware AFCAD packs calls on one of the files.

It's kind of like installing a bunch of scenery object libraries to use with Instant Scenery or ADEX. Having all those objects sitting in a folder in the sim will not do anything on their own.

I'm assuming the tree models they optimized are included in the HD Tree addon but don't know for sure, they could be included in the Orbx libraries and is the reason the libraries need to be installed.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator