Sign in to follow this  
dash8q400 flyer

FTX Trees HD Released

Just got it...$14 U.S. Flew around Kentucky here - a 20 mile round trip over the hills of Kentucky K69-1A6...K-69(my Knox County,KY scenery) ...its in the Library here.

...I think I can see a subtle difference but not any revelatory frame per second increase....I'm fixed at 33 fps, and for me that should be a six frame per second increase… Which I do not see.

...more later ...and yes it looks great but…

Chas

$14 USD? Where did you buy it from?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'll be testing it out with maximum autogen when I buy it later today.

I see that after installation it is not by default activated in the sim.

You have open FTX control panel settings and check the box.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'll be testing it out with maximum autogen when I buy it later today.

I wonder what they mean with "no VAS hit" actually. Does it mean we can adjust the trees autogen slider to whatever liking without a significant increase in VAS?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

The way I read it is, for a given setting of autogen, you won't see a worsening of VAS or fps with the new tree textures.

That isn't too say it's independent of VAS usage, after all the more trees the more rendering and address space required unless the trees are done outside the program, which I doubt is the case.

The no VAS hit= no more than normal for what ever setting your using

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well, I've been flying around with them for about an hour. They look alright. Don't expect them to look significantly different. I'm not sure if the 15,000ft question was a troll, or if you're serious. But they look as you'd expect.....like green dots. As for performance, I haven't noticed any gain or loss. I did notice, however, on start up, there were a few more stutters than usual. I'll do some more testing. But honestly, if you're not flying at around 500ft, you're not really going to notice a huge difference. I'll go check out other areas and see what else there is to be seen. But I haven't been WOWed by this product quite yet.

About the stutters...I'd defrag those files you just added...that might be the cause.

Above, it was indicated that the HD trees are switched on in FTX Central. If this is the case, what happens to ORBX trees?
Seems to me, you can't see the wood for the trees (huge apologies, I couldn't resist)

http://fullterrain.com/usermanuals/FTX%20TreesHD%20User%20Guide.pdf

It's in the manual if anyone missed it.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

"Above, it was indicated that the HD trees are switched on in FTX Central. If this is the case, what happens to ORBX trees? "

In my Orbx Center2, you have to accept both or NONE.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Above, it was indicated that the HD trees are switched on in FTX Central. If this is the case, what happens to ORBX trees? "

In my Orbx Center2, you have to accept both or NONE.

Its explained  in the manual  page  7    In short   the correct way is  to tick both boxes  hd  and orbox  trees,  if  you untick the hd  trees it revert back to the orbox trees, if  you7 untick both boxes    than your able  to use  another  trees  addon if  you wish too. Unitcking  both boxes  wont  revert  the trees  to the default  fsx or p3d  trees.  Have you updated  the latest  libs  which will install  the  latest  central being  v2  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Unitcking  both boxes  wont  revert  the trees  to the default  fsx or p3d  trees.

So once you installed this addon you won't be able to got back to default P3D trees unless you first made a manual backup?

Richard Åsberg