Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Carenado Navajo....bought it.

I am following this topic to read about the experiences and opinions of people who have actually purchased this product.  It's really informative when a real pilot with experience in the type gives feedback.  The product and developer bashing serves no useful purpose.  We all know the history of Carenado and Alabeo, so there is no need in continuing to beat that horse.

I agree, constructive criticism is good, and is...well, constructive.  And mean, destructive criticism is bad - it's called trolling...the non-fishing kind.

Yes, call them out if you want. I'm not saying people shouldn't speak their opinion but there is a time and a place. The person who started this thread was simply saying that he purchased the aircraft and was enjoying it, but apparently some people think that is an invitation to start the ranting. I have made some bad purchases from Carenado myself and I am by no means defending them but this is getting out of hand.

Ripping people off? Nobody is forcing you to buy a product from a company that has a poor reputation. Pretty much everyone in this forum is aware of Carenado's reputation so if they want to continue to buy $30-$40 aircraft from them then let them. They know the risk associated with buying a Carenado aircraft and they are obviously okay with it. One day I would like to be able to read a thread from a guy who is enjoying an aircraft he paid for without having people come in and start saying how Carenado is the worst FS company and is stealing people's money and should go out of business. You can start your own thread, no need to hijack someone else's.

Totally agree!

I bit the bullet yesterday and picked up the Navajo.   I only took it for a very short hop and liked what I saw.  Perhaps not a study-sim airplane but it provided the right type of immersion, which is all I'm asking from it.  

Alexander Alonso

I think the "nay-sayers" have been politely and accurately put in their place.  Thanks for the support...those of you who have seen my point.   I like filet mignon, but some of my friends like NY strip steak.   It takes all kinds of people to make a world.   Enjoy what you enjoy, and let others enjoy what they enjoy.

ps. I love asparagus and brussel sprouts as well.

Stan

Gee, one of the guys who I banned from this topic, Jon_aus, has the same IP's as SevenFour_Fan.  I also suspended Jon_aus from posting too.  I think it is time to close and lock this topic as Jon_aus, AKA SevenFour_Fan is not going to allow the topic to be discussed without trying to somehow hurt or damage Carenado.  SevenFour_Fan is no longer an active member.

I think the "nay-sayers" have been politely and accurately put in their place.  Thanks for the support...those of you who have seen my point.   I like filet mignon, but some of my friends like NY strip steak.   It takes all kinds of people to make a world.   Enjoy what you enjoy, and let others enjoy what they enjoy.

ps. I love asparagus and brussel sprouts as well.

Stan

Very well stated Stan.  I think your comments, as well as I3ubba earlier, says it all and I will close this topic before it goes downhill like Jon_aus would like it to go. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10