Sign in to follow this  
tazz

P3D 3.0 Speculation & General Nonsense

Saitek hasnt even managed to bring out a working W10 driver for the X55 even 1 month after the launch of W10, now imagine what joy those companies would have. Especially since nothing has been anounced whatsoever.

Moreover, their yoke and other gear etc. cannot be hot-plugged under Win 10 anymore without having the whole system (yes!) hanging and needing a reboot. Last time I had such issues was under ....  Win 3.1?

But of course Saitek couldn't anticipate MS to release a new OS in July 2015, could they?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh............... I just plugged in my SAITEK stuff and they work as they should??

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Then you're lucky.

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/301-mouse-not-responding-after-hot-unplugged/

I had issues myself. Maybe it depends on some factors?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Michael

I can´t tell. I had a clean install of WIN10, clean install of P3D v2,5, installed my SAITEK drivers and plugged in my devices and..... it works. Don´t ask me how/why. My only problem is, but that I have had for years, is that the there is no light on the clock on the yoke. 

Jack

Did you try to UNplug the devices after using them?  As far as I see that's the real issue.

Kind regards, Michael

My only problem is, but that I have had for years, is that the there is no light on the clock on the yoke

Jack my problem is i cant turn it off...i have to have Tape over it :smile: ... drives me nuts 

steve

Jack , two things , the problem is when you Unplug the device, second the light missing on your Yoke is the Led gone, search as there is a post somewhere how to replace it if you are a bit of a tinkerer...I have done ..

Jorge

This hobby has just about moved into another reality. We now have people running their life on the same machine as they have x-plain, fsx, fsx-se, fs9, fs2004, dx9, 10, 11, 12 then we have prepar3d ver 1, 2, and 3, 4 or 5 wx programs that get loaded and unloaded almost daily depending on who has the latest version number out. All the versions of every thing flight sim has about a kazillion patches and hot patches and fixes. We then have a program or two that will trick your p3d to think it is your fsx...wink...wink. Next comes all the scenery files and fixes from Flight 1 and then there is the ORBX stuff and don't for get about the upcoming DTG program that is sort of like FSX but not really since it is "sort of" based on Microsoft flight, but not really since they admit them selves that they can not change the basic code in either product, what ever the hell that means! Some one in this forum actually said "Great, I can not wait for this to come out!" All of this crap in one big kettle and now we really have to worry about will our flight yoke will work in the upcoming release of Prepar3d Ver 4 which may or may not have DX12- and 64Bit. Really.......Really? OH, did I tell you about the new type of memory coming out by Q1 of 2016. I sure hope that DX-12 and 64 bit will work with it. LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Sam thank you for the HU...do you think the new Memory will have as default a non OOM function???

Jorge

LOL! I am sure it will but,  as I understand it, we will have to hack the first 2 versions to make it think that it is running in outlook. Version 3 of the memory will include the OOM function on or off your choice.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I remember buying the sublogic  scenery disc 7 which included Washington, Charlotte, Jacksonville and Miami.  I stayed up all night flying from as far north as the scenery would allow down to Miami.  Only navigating by VOR's (no GTN back then).

I was using a Kaypro with an 8086 and my screen was only 2 colors.  Thats when FS became a major part of my life.  Wow that was almost 30 years ago.  

I was confined to flying real airplanes back when because there were absolutely no flight sims available to the general public back then.

We survived. It was a real world and rental was 14 $ an hour, insurance/fuel included. For a  Piper Cherokee from the local Flight Club, some spanking new, some 2 years old

We did make believe with model airplanes or plastic toys from Kellogg's Corn Flakes boxes

Moreover, their yoke and other gear etc. cannot be hot-plugged under Win 10 anymore without having the whole system (yes!) hanging and needing a reboot. Last time I had such issues was under ....  Win 3.1?

I grew tired of this issue. One way or the other I had to reboot Windows 10. Had to reboot if I unplugged on the fly (and then chkdsk ran on restart), or just reboot without unplugging and unplug as the system was rebooting.

I reverted back to Windows 7. This issue being one reason, and the other reason is Microsoft. You just have to know that they give you back the start menu and other tools they held back with Windows 8.X, but at the same time in spite for lack of adoption of Windows 8 they pulled the classic Windows (color) theme from Windows 10 and made it nearly impossible to user-recreate. A psychologist is needed to understand the juvenile behavior involved. Have to say whoever made that decision and gave us the Windows 10 color themes grew up only surrounded by color schemes from Little Tykes, Fisher Price, and Playschool.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I grew tired of this issue. One way or the other I had to reboot Windows 10. Had to reboot if I unplugged on the fly (and then chkdsk ran on restart), or just reboot without unplugging and unplug as the system was rebooting.

I reverted back to Windows 7. This issue being one reason, and the other reason is Microsoft. You just have to know that they give you back the start menu and other tools they held back with Windows 8.X, but at the same time in spite for lack of adoption of Windows 8 they pulled the classic Windows (color) theme from Windows 10 and made it nearly impossible to user-recreate. A psychologist is needed to understand the juvenile behavior involved. Have to say whoever made that decision and gave us the Windows 10 color themes grew up only surrounded by color schemes from Little Tykes, Fisher Price, and Playschool.

Windows 8 and 10 makes a desktop look like a giant smart phone ...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On the USB issue, I dont know if only Saitek is to blame, I have a Mobo ASUS Rampage Ext V and the ASUS site now does not offer a USB driver for Windows 10, the reason given is that Win10 brings its own...

Jorge

The Saitek twitter has a feed on August 5th that Windows 10 drivers are coming ASAP. Does ASAP mean "Ain't sincere about promise"?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere