Sign in to follow this  
tazz

P3D 3.0 Speculation & General Nonsense

Correct. The last two iterations of NV drivers have had SLI support. As I have stated, it has worked fine for me and others for quite a while. Some people have issues with strange light artifacts but basically P3D uses SLI quite well.

If it is not using two cards - you have it set up incorrectly. The issues have been minor artifacts not card usage.

Vic

Works brilliant in my case and i got Quad-SLi

So the speculation monster sayeth no 64 bit and no DX12. If that's true, then more and more I wonder as to why this is being billed as 3.0 and not 2.6...

So the speculation monster sayeth no 64 bit and no DX12. If that's true, then more and more I wonder as to why this is being billed as 3.0 and not 2.6...

It's the things they're NOT speculating about that make it V3.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

No, sorry. I've asked multiple times, but the answer is still no, NDA in place. Best I can do is say have patients ... and believe me it's hard for me to do when I just want to EXPLODE with information, videos, screenshots.

No worries Rob, I had to ask and yes, I will be patient about the upcoming news.   

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hi Dylan

Which ORBX file was causing the problem and why?  I keep getting a failure to install for Win 10.

Thanks

It's the things they're NOT speculating about that make it V3.

Lol, you're right.

Wednesday night philosophy everybody: I believe Vic wins tonight's anti-René Descartes award!

Google 'windows 10 upgrade orbx todo file'. That will give you the answer. Straightforward enough to follow, just can't remember the location.

Chris

Because if it was 2.6 everyone would expect to get a free update, version 3.0 they get to charge for a new product.

Hi Dylan

Which ORBX file was causing the problem and why?  I keep getting a failure to install for Win 10.

Thanks

Hi Chuck, it was a file called "TODO" in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Orbx

I posted this up in the Win 10 forum - hope this helps:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/472563-to-anyone-getting-the-0x80070004-0x3000d-on-install/

I can count the number of games currently using DirectX 12 on one hand... without using any fingers.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hmm Rob not running Win 10 has me fearing there is no DX12 capability in v3 .

What could possibly lead you to have hope of dx12 being in P3D? How could Lockheed beat all the major game developers to this technology when they aren't worried about gamers as much as commercial customers? You set yourself up for failure of with that one.

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

^ Because P3D is currently DX11 and it doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to see future iterations evolve. Even though V3 may not be DX12, the type of optimizations offerred in the API are almost custom-built to suit the needs of a simulator (don't worry, it will be commercial customers pushing the boundaries first with this one). 

I can count the number of games currently using DirectX 12 on one hand... without using any fingers.

Could you name at least one or two (preferred of interest to a simmer)? I made a recent search and the result was exactly: "0". Not even a playable demo.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I made a recent search and the result was exactly: "0".

Michael - go back and read his post again, e.g. "without using any fingers."

^ Because P3D is currently DX11 and it doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to see future iterations evolve. Even though V3 may not be DX12, the type of optimizations offerred in the API are almost custom-built to suit the needs of a simulator (don't worry, it will be commercial customers pushing the boundaries first with this one). 

And by using DX12 force all customers to upgrade their simulator to W10 and rewrite their probably custom written drivers for their complete cockpits, including a very very painful bugfixing phase and maybe a new certification if they have one?

I highly doubt Lockheed will do a forced OS change without some major notification aswell as ample documentation ahead of time.