Sign in to follow this  
Kaaron Gillett

Indepth comparison between P3D V2.5 and V3

V3 brought every single thing we had hoped for in a staple replacement for FSX. It's safe to say Lockheed have gone above and beyond our expectations and V3 is WELL deserving of another $60 or $200..A REAL first impressions...not just talking about updates and changes with default scenery...certain popular youtubers should have done better..

Mind I remind you every single essential add-on works albeit with some tweaks, though all should have updated installers to rectify any issues with installation.

All in all, to you nay- sayers, I extend a giant WE TOLD YOU SO

Wow, I would agree that this is the kind of "first look" we needed for V3. All the biased feedback and claims without solid science never did us any good. This is a great video. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

One word: fantastic!

Well, some more. The side-by-side was very revealing, and just monitoring the frame rates and VAS usage it is pretty evident that LM has put a lot of work into the core P3D engine.

Now, off to purchase FSCubed!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Superb video !

This shows the superiority of v3 ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

WOW!

A super video!

Real nicely done and very informative!

Thank You very much for sharing!

Superb comparison with very valuable information, no "kids content", or "click the link in the description to get me money" style video!

Very nicely done!

I'll upgrade to V3 anytime soon!

Thanks a lot for your effort and work!

I agree, so tired of the "like and subscribe" epidemic. I actually dont think thats his video. I asked once the guy who makes those videos and he said he isnt on Avsim. May be wrong though. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Superb comparison with very valuable information, no "kids content", or "click the link in the description to get me money" style video!

Very nicely done!

I'll upgrade to V3 anytime soon!

Thanks a lot for your effort and work!

Just so we're all clear here this isn't my video, it was just made by a very good friend of mine and I decided to share it so more people can actually see the superiority of V3 :) but thanks from us both!

I agree, so tired of the "like and subscribe" epidemic. I actually dont think thats his video. I asked once the guy who makes those videos and he said he isnt on Avsim. May be wrong though. 

Yeah sorry about that should have made it clear that it isn't my video haha  :smile: the person who made it is a good friend of mine though, just thought I should share to educate the doubting masses ;)

Great video. Exactly what many of us needed to know. It's like the comparison videos of FSX and FSX:SE where FSX usually crashed due to memory limitations.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Great video. Exactly what many of us needed to know. It's like the comparison videos of FSX and FSX:SE where FSX usually crashed due to memory limitations.

He's the same guy that did the FSX vs FSX SE one :D

Just so we're all clear here this isn't my video, it was just made by a very good friend of mine and I decided to share it so more people can actually see the superiority of V3 :) but thanks from us both!

Yeah sorry about that should have made it clear that it isn't my video haha  :smile: the person who made it is a good friend of mine though, just thought I should share to educate the doubting masses ;)

Thanks for clarifying and thanks for sharing. Guess I should subscribe to get these updates. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

He's the same guy that did the FSX vs FSX SE one :D

Ah, yes. Now I saw it  :wink:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Excellent video and guide.  I hope Rob does not mind if I pin this topic.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10