Sign in to follow this  
SKIPS2

P3Dv3 - VC Cockpit Stutter every 2 Sec..

Do you make some changes to Prepar3D.cfg?

Swap wait timeout should help, but in case of my rig it is opposite, when I try it I get stutters about 1-2s period as you. I remove it from cfg solved my problem.

+1 . i almost forgot why i dont use EFB anymore . This was the reason

Michael Moe

Seems that I got efb and v3 along with the ngx running smoothly now (3 full flights). Only simconnnect version installed is the one from the FSX SP2 folder that ships with p3d. This is win10 with also fs2crew running. Furthermore I have vpilot and asnext running networked over simconnnect... It's all good...

I had regular stutters in both FSX and P3Dv2.4 Tried all sorts of cfg tweaks, nothing worked. Then I turned off 'autosave' in FSUIPC and hey presto, no more stutters. So yes, something going on in the background.

Do you make some changes to Prepar3D.cfg?

Swap wait timeout should help, but in case of my rig it is opposite, when I try it I get stutters about 1-2s period as you. I remove it from cfg solved my problem.

Swap wait timeout  in or out same prob

Another idea...try turning down the special effects detail and distance sliders.  I ran into big trouble with stutters after installing my EU sceneries...reducing both sliders from high to medium cleared it all up like magic.

Regards/good luck

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Another idea...try turning down the special effects detail and distance sliders.  I ran into big trouble with stutters after installing my EU sceneries...reducing both sliders from high to medium cleared it all up like magic.

Regards/good luck

tried that also. my gut is telling me it's my HDD...may need to upgrade to SSD idk

have you tried to install the lds 767 into p3d using miration tool ?? 

14ppkc-6.png

I have p3d installed on an ssd and I have the same vc stutters as long as I am using the 4 SGSS in NVI. Removing it makes the sim run smooth at the trade of poor image quality (AA). In my case, I find that the 4SGSS has greater performance impact in P3D v3 than in 2.5.

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

I have p3d installed on an ssd and I have the same vc stutters as long as I am using the 4 SGSS in NVI. Removing it makes the sim run smooth at the trade of poor image quality (AA). In my case, I find that the 4SGSS has greater performance impact in P3D v3 than in 2.5.

NickN suggested not to use NVI with P3D as it's not needed...so i discontinued using it. So yeah no SGSS to remove for me.

I've been doing some testing only to realize that I only get this 2-3 sec stutter... then smooth problem on/overland not flying over ocean.

Something to do with slow loading textures on land??

One more trick, I'll just buy an 120GB SSD dedicated for P3D and see what happens...if not I'm done for good.

If you can only afford 1 SSD use it for you OS drive and not p3d drive for max benefit.

Cause all the data requests still has to pass through the OS drive.

when you have 2 ssd, then give one to p3d

When you check task manager resource monitor disk page while p3d running, you see that the busiest drive always is the OS, thus the one most in need of SSD. 

you can also keep your old HDD to run addons like ASN. better to split stuff off into separate disks.

in my case

C:\= OS [3 x SSD in raid fastest]

D:\ = p3d[2 xSSD in raid]

E:\= Addons ASN Fscommander etc [single SSD]

G:\= Scenery FsGlobalUltimate, Afcads etc[single SSD]

F:\ Storage backup [HDD]

No stutters here, Also very highly recommend ProcessLasso.

Try not to install anything that's run while simming on your OS drive, windows alone consumes nealy full bandwidth on that drive while simming. 

If you can only afford 1 SSD use it for you OS drive and not p3d drive for max benefit.

Cause all the data requests still has to pass through the OS drive.

when you have 2 ssd, then give one to p3d

When you check task manager resource monitor disk page while p3d running, you see that the busiest drive always is the OS, thus the one most in need of SSD. 

you can also keep your old HDD to run addons like ASN. better to split stuff off into separate disks.

in my case

C:\= OS [3 x SSD in raid fastest]

D:\ = p3d[2 xSSD in raid]

E:\= Addons ASN Fscommander etc [single SSD]

G:\= Scenery FsGlobalUltimate, Afcads etc[single SSD]

F:\ Storage backup [HDD]

No stutters here, Also very highly recommend ProcessLasso.

Try not to install anything that's run while simming on your OS drive, windows alone consumes nealy full bandwidth on that drive while simming. 

Thx bro! Will give it a go :smile:

well..well. I bought two 850 Samsung EVOs 250 Gb (OS) & 120Gb (P3D) to see what happens...guess what

It still stutters...............

Maybe it's my 960SSC 2Gb idk, maybe 2Gb is not enough

Stupid question have you tried to install the lds 767 using migration tool??

This caused microstutteers on mine

14ppkc-6.png

Stupid question have you tried to install the lds 767 using migration tool??

This caused microstutteers on mine

no