Sign in to follow this  
newtie

ORBX sale and compatibility

I have ALL ORBX products and I can only say, press the button!!!  :wink:

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I have put all their regions in my shopping cart, $250 worth (hard to pass up 35% off).  I understand they are not all compatible but was wanting to get any opinions on if its worth the money?  I keep hovering over the buy button but just haven't pressed it yet. 

That's hardcore Sean,  Press Dude press  :smile:   

I have put all their regions in my shopping cart, $250 worth (hard to pass up 35% off).  I understand they are not all compatible but was wanting to get any opinions on if its worth the money?  I keep hovering over the buy button but just haven't pressed it yet. 

As others already said, all 115 ORBX products will be made compatible with P3Dv3 sooner or later: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/106434-35-off-everything-until-jan-1st-v3-installers-info/

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I've had zero issues installing almost any Orbx product into v3. So far they all work flawlessly

Quite pathetic really!

5 Airports P3Dv3 compatible ??

Still hurting from their last sale. What a waste of money.  :-( 

The kool aid we've all been drinking is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I was just the other day thinking how lucky we are, considering all that's going on in the game developing world. We have quite a few great developers and publishers in this hobby. Many continue to support and further develop their addons and very quickly provide v3 compatible installers.

On the other hand now I see orbx/ftx are having yet another big sale, while their v3 compatibility moves forward at a laughable snails pace. Not for me thanks !

I'm not a big ORBX fan but I just happened to load up the only scenery I purchased from them (NORCAL) into P3Dv3 and was really impressed, compared to the last time which was in FSX.

I have put all their regions in my shopping cart, $250 worth (hard to pass up 35% off). I understand they are not all compatible but was wanting to get any opinions on if its worth the money? I keep hovering over the buy button but just haven't pressed it yet.

Get the regions. It's worth it.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Quite pathetic really!

The kool aid we've all been drinking is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I was just the other day thinking how lucky we are, considering all that's going on in the game developing world. We have quite a few great developers and publishers in this hobby. Many continue to support and further develop their addons and very quickly provide v3 compatible installers.

On the other hand now I see orbx/ftx are having yet another big sale, while their v3 compatibility moves forward at a laughable snails pace. Not for me thanks !

What is wrong with you, seriously? I posted the link where JV clearly states that over the next few weeks, ALL ORBX products will receive a Prepar3d v3 update. So, you can easily buy NOW a product in the sale and then, as soon as the update is available, use it in P3Dv3. Just as a reminder: the update from P3D v2.5 to P3Dv3 is not offered for free from LM, so why do you think that the addon developers are forced to offer their updates for free? What ORBX is offering here is great, they would really not have to give all the updates for free, still they do. Only thing it takes from you as a customer is some patience... Ridiculous behaviour here...

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

"JV clearly states that over the next few weeks"

Where did he say this?

Mark

Quite pathetic really!

I see Steve has been practicing his Speech and Drama classes   :smile:

• Upvote 2

:Silly:  Oh stop Ms Poppet! :smile: 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

:BigGrin:

....although, Steve has a point.

NO, not at all, Steve does NOT have a point!!! He is just another whiner!!!  :fool: Sometimes I just feel sad about some posters. Go get yourself a life!!!!  :Applause:

Jack 

the Swede in Spain

....although, Steve has a point.

Not really.  Some of you are forgetting ORBX is doing the P3D3 conversion FOR FREE.  What is a few more months to wait?

• Upvote 2