Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Why I haven't been simming latley

Hands down, the nicest most impressive work of computer art that I have seen. 

Thank you for the kind words - much appreciated Guys  :wink:

What about the noise ?

Is it noisy ?

No pump noise which surprised me - fans can be loud if I turn them up but I really dont have to max them out must be the large radiators - amazing temps

Great job and thanks for sharing.

Greg 

Thanks Greg - sorry cant travel with this - just way to heavy and would not want to damage it - as it is white it could go south very fast so I do cover it in plastic cover when not in use - few more things to button up - cosmetics  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Now I wonder, would any Goflight modules fit on the front of that Obsidian...? 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Now I wonder, would any Goflight modules fit on the front of that Obsidian...? 

Barley got my components in it - now a caselabs thats a different story - huge case - hence wheel for it to roll it around

Rich Sennett

Barley got my components in it - now a caselabs thats a different story - huge case - hence wheel for it to roll it around

Maybe I should check out that one then... Nice to implement some of the peripherals in the case to make it useful, instead of just being in the way :) 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Coolest PC I've ever seen. In the literal and figurative sense of the word. Congrats!

Hans

Coolest PC I've ever seen. In the literal and figurative sense of the word. Congrats!

Thanks  :dance: took a long time but was worth it - learned a lot - quite the journey - post more pics when I get a chance

Rich Sennett

Thanks Greg - sorry cant travel with this - just way to heavy and would not want to damage it - as it is white it could go south very fast so I do cover it in plastic cover when not in use - few more things to button up - cosmetics :wink:

I know Rich...I was joking around and wove my narcissism into it.

I tip my hat to you bro.  

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I know Rich...I was joking around and wove my narcissism into it.

I tip my hat to you bro.  

Thanks Buddy  :drinks: You had me think twice about it  :wink:

Rich Sennett

So this thing up and running? Is it used as a daily? When are the official glamour shots being released?

This PC should be on PC Gamer or MaximumPC or something.

• Upvote 1

The proof is in the pudding. We need hard performance data to decide if it was worth it or not :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The proof is in the pudding. We need hard performance data to decide if it was worth it or not :wink:

Anyone can put together a ripping fast system regardless of ascetics (as in the system I own).  Richard has created something which transcends the mundane nature of such builds, rendering such "worth it" comparisons moot IMO.

• Upvote 1

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

So this thing up and running? Is it used as a daily? When are the official glamour shots being released?

This PC should be on PC Gamer or MaximumPC or something.

Anyone can put together a ripping fast system regardless of ascetics (as in the system I own).  Richard has created something which transcends the mundane nature of such builds, rendering such "worth it" comparisons moot IMO.

Thanks Guys - much appreciated - have to wait on more shots as I have to much work to do in day job - yup I have one of those  :wink:

Also not feeling to well these days - been battling chronic sciatica for 17 years - 24-7 pain and its starting to wear me down - so moving this monster only makes it worse so hang in there please

Rich Sennett

Thanks Guys - much appreciated - have to wait on more shots as I have to much work to do in day job - yup I have one of those  :wink:

Also not feeling to well these days - been battling chronic sciatica for 17 years - 24-7 pain and its starting to wear me down - so moving this monster only makes it worse so hang in there please

Hope you feel better soon. I know moving around that monster, especially with water in it, is something that requires alot of coordination and strength and a bad back makes that much harder. You look young though so I am sure you will muster the strength soon enough when you are feeling a little better. Speedy recovery to you sir. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Hope you feel better soon. I know moving around that monster, especially with water in it, is something that requires alot of coordination and strength and a bad back makes that much harder. You look young though so I am sure you will muster the strength soon enough when you are feeling a little better. Speedy recovery to you sir. 

Thanks Josh - yes no fun living with nerve pain all these years and dont even know how it all started must have been all the crazy stuff I did when I was younger - oh well thanks for the well wishes Buddy

Rich Sennett