Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My version on how to get smooth and stutter free P3D 3.1

Hi Jeroen,  :smile:

Set a AM =116 in your P3D config.

If you DL PL, its very simple, no it's as simple as can be  :smile: just right click on the process and set cores.

I've set TrackIR/ASN/EZDOC within PL as my opening post, PL starts with your PC so once set, you never have to do it again unless you want to change anything.

Go play  :smile:

Steve put other AM for ASN, try and see what works best  :smile: for you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Jeroen,  :smile:

Set a AM =116

If you DL PL, its very simple, no it's as simple as can be  :smile: just right click on the process and set cores.

I've set TrackIR/ASN/EZDOC within PL as my opening post, PL starts with your PC so once set, you never have to do it again unless you want to change anything.

Go play  :smile:

Ok, thanks. So AM=116 in the P3D cfg and then use PL for ASN and TrackIR to set it as in your OP (CPU 0, 1, 3, 7). Final question: do I also have to add P3D to PL (2, 4, 5, 6)? Sorry for being not the brightest star here. :wink:

No, you set AM in P3D config and don't touch it within PL.

You will see "Current" and the other option, forgot name....

You set the cores for TrackIR/ASN/EZDOC all in the other one, not current.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks! Just installed PL and will give everything a try today!

GL mate.  :drinks:

David, thank you so much for starting this thread. I'm going to have a play around with these settings tonight as I definitely get stutters when using ASN and Track IR. Thanks to Steve too with his great advice and also Jeroen for asking the questions I wanted answers to. I may well be back later with more questions...

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

Steve is really the brain's behind it. (Steve's the organ grinder I'am just the monkey :smile: )

I just had the idea to move everything away from P3D. I wanted TrackIR to work perfectly all flight.

GL Stu, hope it works for you. 

I only came in to help out with the tricky side of HT and AMs since I happen to have a bit of expertise on that part of it. You're doing a great job for us David, appreciated.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Great stuff guys. I am going to try AM116 in P3D config with Process Lasso setting cores 0, 1, 3 & 7 for ASN on my HT enabled i73770K  :smile:

Ok, I gave it a try. I have to say I was already happy with my performance after changing a few settings a while ago and the affinity mask settings didn't seem to make any difference on my PC. But: 1. it didn't make things worse and 2. I suppose it also depends on the circumstances and I suppose these settings may help in the future when those circumstances occur so I might as well leave it as it is now (AM in the cfg and TrackIR + ASN set using PL). Don't know what improvements I had to expect too, I have to say... :wink:

Ok, I gave it a try. I have to say I was already happy with my performance after changing a few settings a while ago and the affinity mask settings didn't seem to make any difference on my PC. But: 1. it didn't make things worse and 2. I suppose it also depends on the circumstances and I suppose these settings may help in the future when those circumstances occur so I might as well leave it as it is now (AM in the cfg and TrackIR + ASN set using PL). Don't know what improvements I had to expect too, I have to say... :wink:

"Smooth as butter" I think the saying goes  :lol:  :P

Don't forget you may not see much difference between, say 116 and 212, because certain circumstances have not occurred. For example there's an optimum tyre pressure which doesn't become so evident until in an emergency manoeuvre. :wink:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Steve is really the brain's behind it. (Steve's the organ grinder I'am just the monkey :smile: )

I just had the idea to move everything away from P3D. I wanted TrackIR to work perfectly all flight.

GL Stu, hope it works for you. 

Thanks David and I think you are considerably more than 'the monkey'! There's been a lot of great advice from both you and Steve. I've now given it a whirl on my setup and I'm happy to report it has worked very nicely. The stutters I was getting when panning the view with TIR have been eliminated entirely! Now I just need to get this process lasso to keep my settings saved.

Right, with no more tweaking to do I'd better continue my tour of Scotland in the Skylane :smile:

Thanks guys,

Stu.

Another way is right click on trackir desktop icon => properties => shortcut and add this line in target : C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /high TrackIR5.exe.

TIR will start on high priority everytime.

This is a great piece of advice, thanks mate!

Stuart Furley

I left AM in config. 

I went back to taking TrackIR/EZDOC and ASN off any cores used by P3D and that works best for me. Having said that it's more TrackIR IMO that needs to be split of from P3D.

i

I see, so I gather you are using core 0,1,3,7? For

What about traffic?

Great thread.  Currently using PL to run P3D on cores 1-3, and running everything else on core 0.  I have a 4770 (HT = off) overclocked to 4.5ghz.  If I am reading the above correctly it would be better to use an affinity mask in the config file to control P3D.    So for my HT-off 4 core, would that be AF=84 or 85.  

What is the consensus now of HT on vs off on 4 cores?  Is it better to have max clock speed with HT off, or closer to stock with HT on?

Thanks.

Jim