Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My version on how to get smooth and stutter free P3D 3.1

Hi Sillyflyer,

I have worked with some great people like Paul J and Michael Greenblatt and have read numerous threads written by Bojote and NickN, and there are many, many more individuals out there who have dissected flight sims over the years who have their own opinions on how our sims should look and how they should feel.  They have all had great ideas and worked tirelessly to help others in our community achieve what they had.  

I have read through this thread many times and have followed the advice given here by everyone involved and I can tell you right now, at this very moment I have never experienced a series of flights that were so fluid and realistic as they were today.  I have never been so satisfied.  Is it as a result of these settings or is it a combination of where the P3D v3.1 engine sits at this very moment running in conjunction with these not so new settings?  Remember, they have been around for a while.  I'll tell you, I applied some of SteveW's settings that I garnered from his website and installed Process Lasso and it has transformed my flight sim.  I have to say thanks to David for starting this thread otherwise we might not have reached this point.

I am glad that you have found the settings that work for you and have been your marker for success, some of us do indeed never stop looking for those magic settings, but isn't that part of the fun?

\Robert Hamlich/

no, its part of the insanity..   next month or perhaps in a few months it will all be a miracle for you again with a new outline like the one last year or the years in the past were as you noted

the greats..   the giants    

round and round we go

Today we celebrate! congratulate! thank all those who follow or provide

next month or 3 months from now it starts all over again. For god sakes do a search in the forums the same miracle and praise comes up at least every 3-6 months and for some strange and XFiles reason it all starts over again. Has been seen/logged/noted since the beginning of AVSIM time when the world was flat

There must be something to that phenomenon

I will take my leave now

and remember,  the force be with you, always

I'll tell you, I applied some of SteveW's settings that I garnered from his website and installed Process Lasso and it has transformed my flight sim.  I have to say thanks to David for starting this thread otherwise we might not have reached this point.

Glad to hear that, and thanks for the mention Robert. Feedback I'm getting suggests similar satisfaction across the board.

Many thanks too for the effort David has put in here, outstanding!

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Today we celebrate! congratulate! thank all those who follow or provide

next month or 3 months from now it starts all over again

Welcome to the Avsim Forums and a fast evolving and engaging Flight Sim world :smile:     

Well this is it,   For today, Davids Thread works for people,  For tomorrow?  Who knows what the future brings   

David was good enough to share some settings and knowledge on what works for him,  and this is very good. 

Elaine I guess you did not read or if you did you may have missed the references as to my past and associations with respect to credentials

Lets just say Aces was a home base going back to the 'before time' and I have been around the block and then some since those days..   even in Orlando for a stint as an advisor

If that doesn't ring a bell..     Seattle - Microsoft - Aces - ESP        Orlando - Lockheed - New World

Thank you for the kind welcome however I have been around the forum since before the forum was the forum    ;)

Why I decided to make an appearance recently, and today, is because my time on this planet has a defined countdown.  Everyone should understand that what they read today about Flight Simulation, always does change tomorrow

The ESP render engine was designed to be dynamic and with the changes that continue to be implemented and released there is not and never will be any such thing as the perfect setup. It will change next month.

When FSX development stopped there was stability in outlined setup and use. That no longer applies. What you were told works great today may very well suck rocks next month, or the month after..   somewhere down the line it wont work anymore unlike FSX and the Steam version where it will.

The reality is, you are all beta testers for a United States of America DOD contractor and you are paying for that privilege. When the project has realized its goal those who paid for the last iteration may continue to use it, assuming the powers that be decide to allow the continued use of their work however please remember this very important fact; the render engine in use will never match or come close to the render engines available to modern game or simulation developers. Simple economics. They do not require that level of technology in order to satisfy contractual agreements with the military.

You will never see what you might think is in the development phase of flight sim if you think something like the Unigine engine or other high end graphics render will be implemented. Perhaps if some other real game company picks it up but not on its current path. Desire and dreams boost current and future sales and development profits, but what people 'might' think is coming, wont happen.   Pay the price and enjoy what you get but everyone, please stop the insanity

goodnight

I will take my leave now

Bye bye.

Thanks for your magnificent contribution to the flight sim world here.

Five absolutely breathtaking posts.

gb.

• Upvote 2

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

What tweaks worked for fsx don't work for P3D v2, what worked and was "needed" in P3D v2.5 does not work in v3 and so it goes on. Its has a name, it's call progress. 

The people in this community try to share and help each other to get the best out the sim we can, different things work for different people/PC's. We all know and understand that. 

All we do here is try to do what we can.

No one claims to have "credentials" to make there efforts have any higher worth than anyone's else's, we are a community that ties to help each other with our hobby. With P3D evolving all the time we evolve and try to do what we can. 

From time to time sadly someone comes along with a odd name and a new account and likes to try and pull everyone down.

Lets hope they do take a leave, a long one.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

No worries..  I do not find it sad that you have the bridge David, please make it so

As long as everyone who may pass by get the entire story in the process, the one time they will ever read it, I am fine with that.

What I find sad is, sometimes people take offense, egos get bruised when that was not the goal. I understand the desire to question and place doubt into the mix.

David, please..  continue

To all,

Goodnight, and, good luck

AffinityMask:

P3D 116=(01,11,01,00)=74=2,4,5,6

ASN 139=(10,00,10,11)=8B=0,1,3,7

My recommendations:

ASN 194=(11,00,00,10)=C2=1,6,7

P3D 85=(01,01,01,01)=55=0,2,4,6

ASN 248=(11,11,10,00)=F8=3,4,5,6

These give more "width" to the JobScheduler and network i/o and provide ASN full core bandwidth when required.

all those extras can go on 3073=(11,00,00,00,00,01)=C01=0,10,11

so you can also run ASN on C02

Hi Steve

So are you recommending to just use ASN with these settings and use 0,1,3,7 for the rest ie ezca and trackir like on David's original post?

Cheers

Gavin Price

I did a flight last night, KSNA to KSFO and apart from P3D ofc put everything on

everything was smooth apart from TrackIR,

I "feel" this needs to not share any cores with P3D

Next flight I will use the original setting for TrackIR as that was as close to perfect Ive seen. 

TrackIRAFF.jpg

With both setting ASN refreshing was not noticeable at all. Sim was very smooth. So both work my end. Just TrackIR my end seems to like to be totally on its own.

Like all this if you don't try you don't know  :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

All we do here is try to do what we can.

No one claims to have "credentials" to make there efforts have any higher worth than anyone's else's, we are a community that ties to help each other with our hobby. With P3D evolving all the time we evolve and try to do what we can.

I am an AVSIM member since 2003, I own the credentials to say BIG THANKS for starting this thread and thanks to SteveW for providing the underlying HT setup. And encourage anyone to do so when a new idea pops.

Eager to try it out asap. My only fear is to f***-up my overclocking when re-enabling HT but that's the price to pay. Can't try it with an HT/OFF quadcore. The only other minor thing is zero'ing the water details and how ugly it looks afterwards. Does it really plays a role here in smoothness, isn't ASN/P3D AF mask setup sufficient ?

@SteveW : Is there any variant for the quadcore ht/off crowd ?

The reality is, you are all beta testers for a DOD contractor and you are paying for that privilege. When the project has realized its goal those who paid for the last iteration may continue to use it, assuming the powers that be decide to allow the continued use of their work however please remember this very important fact; the render engine in use will never match or come close to the render engines available to modern game or simulation developers. Simple economics. They do not require that level of technology in order to satisfy contractual agreements with the military.

Are you Austin Meyer ? :)

Hi Steve

So are you recommending to just use ASN with these settings and use 0,1,3,7 for the rest ie ezca and trackir like on David's original post?

Cheers

The lower part of that quote is in answer to Gerards Q about his *6 core*. The top half is my recommendations for the *4 core*.

3 cores 4 jobs:

ASN 194=(11,00,00,10)=C2=1,6,7

Ext 193=(11,00,00,01)=C1=0,6,7

4 cores 4 jobs:

P3D 85=(01,01,01,01)=55=0,2,4,6

ASN 248=(11,11,10,00)=F8=3,4,5,6

Ext 248=(11,11,10,00)=F8=3,4,5,6

Here are some results I just got from a couple of hours trying 4 core 4 jobs vs 5 core 5 jobs, with and without HT enabled. Clearly demonstrates that HT enabled 4 jobs 4 cores is the best result, HT disabled 5 jobs 5 cores is the worst:

P3D4v5core.jpg

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

The only other minor thing is zero'ing the water details and how ugly it looks afterwards. Does it really plays a role here in smoothness, isn't ASN/P3D AF mask setup sufficient ?

Hi Jerome,

Water is every were, even under the land. So it "can" be a drain on your PC. If you don't like it just goto one under max. The only reason for OFF its and if you like it, its the least strain for you PC, I have land and cloud refections on and flying up the east coast to KSFO the sea/coast looked great but...very carm, so its down to taste. If you don't like it, don't use it, we all like our eye candy :smile: and all have different tastes. None is right or wrong.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Anyone else had Process Lasso causing the PC to freeze up on Windows 10? Would be easier with it to manage all the cores but it seems it's not perfectly compatible with Win 10 at least on my rig.

Shanan